Wanna hug it out?

Holdyourfireal

Dear Administrators of The Rush Forum-

First off, I hope this is the appropriate forum to discuss these matters. If it is not, I apologize. Secondly, I want to thank you & the administrators of Counterparts for hosting these two, fine forums. I have been reading BOTH for a very long time. In fact, I came here way before this past April to read posts. I just didn't sign up. It didn't seem like some of the Rush news was as quick to appear on this site as it did on Counterparts. No biggie. I still checked & read with interest for awhile. I started becoming more active here when some of the posters on Counterparts took it as a personal affront that I was upset with THEIR band's decision not to include any video or audio extras on Replay X 3. I noticed that some members of this board as well as Stewart's board felt the same way I did. I thought...cool! I'm not crazy! Some people love Rush, but aren't happy with every decision they make. SOME posters on Counterparts called me a troll because I dare voice my opinion about Rush's decision. At least here I could DISCUSS the situation without being judged.

And let me state that not all Counterparts posters were being judgemental conformists, just SOME, and those SOME have a very "loud" voice. There's a few folks that actually agreed with my feelings about Replay X 3. But, it was too late. The SOME had wrecked any opportunity for me to converse about the subject, so I stopped talking about it there. Sorry for the multiple threads you guys, I was just trying to start clean!

So, that's one reason I came here. The other, of course, is that Counterparts is down. I'm happy to hear that the "box" has been found, but I suspect that with Julie ailing right now, we won't see Counterparts back up real soon. Like most of you, I miss it, but Julie's health comes first!

......Now, on to the reason I started this thread.....

Once again, I am attacked by vile conformists who wish to say things about my parents & make other remarks. Whatever! It truely doesn't bother me as much as it does HammerofThor. He took the crap about my Mom VERY personally. I'm more upset about the hypocrisy. If you check my starting threads on Counterparts or here, I dare you to find a thread I started (except in Steambath!) that seemed like I was trying to cause trouble. No, I post legitimate threads & then jerks like the Great Zo decide to stir up trouble. It always winds up with me defending myself & looking like a troll. Congratulations....

The Great Zo

Lucid Seer

The Gangster of Boats

Rush Didact

ouchithurts

and

OldRUSHfan

for making it your mission in life to make me look like a troll in front of others I might want to get to know.

As far as DanLaw83, theHotdogChef,etc...are concerned, they are here & Counterparts for legitimate reasons. They enjoy Rush! Do they overreact when people treat their friends like crap on messageboards? Sure they do! Do they go to far sometimes? Absolutely! Are they just trying to be funny sometimes? Yes! Is that so bad? Is it wrong for someone to call out The Great Zo once in awhile? It seems to be OK for him & others to call my Mom a hooker, but God forbid someone knocks him or one his pals! Watch out! They got power on these boards!

I'll admit that DanLaw83 gets out of hand sometimes. As theHotDogChef explained to you, he has a mental disability. A lot of folks around here seem to embrace manic depressive people on the verge of suicide, but God forbid, you give DanLaw83 a chance. He has problems. Maybe if someone tried being nice to him as Hammer, Hotdog, Barry and others have, you will come to like him despite his condition. He really isn't that threatening. He's just a portly, little guy with a big mouth that wants to be a fireman and wants to talk about Genesis & Rush. He's really not someone to be threatened by.

In regards to theHotdogChef, I read his posts when I got home. He was being funny. Did he threaten all of you that much that you had to close his thread. Don't any of you have a sense of humor?

I also love how Hammer gets brought up when he rarely says a word. He's called negative because he points out flaws in Rush sometimes. So what? Are they perfect? Is he suppossed to post, "Neil's the GREATEST dude!" all the time? Of course, everyone in my group feels that way, that's why we come here! But ass-kissing the band is boring! Hammer likes critical discussions. Is that threatening as well?

How 'bout the pictures I posted? Barry threatened someone? DanLaw83 upsets you folks THAT much? I honestly just don't get it. I was having fun posting pics. I wasn't trying to give anyone a coronary.

I suggest we all try to have a 'lil sense of humor & try to get along around here. I'll stop being so serious if SOME of you get off your pedistals & try to get to know us before threatening to ban us.

What do you think?

Al

I'm sick of talking about Danlaw and all his aliases (including HOTDOGchef, perhaps?). As far as TRF (and apparently CP) is concerned, he's useless. Think about it -- who here really gives a shit? It's too bad if he indeed has some kind of mental disability, but again, as far as these boards are concerned he's a waste of hard drive space. Maybe he should spend his time improving himself instead of joining message boards and bashing people.

Defend him all you want, Al. It will fall on deaf ears. May as well give it a rest. You should move on and talk about Rush or something.

I'm done with this. Seriously...move on.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 6 2006, 02:05 AM)
I'm sick of talking about Danlaw and all his aliases (including HOTDOGchef, perhaps?). As far as TRF (and apparently CP) is concerned, he's useless. Think about it -- who here really gives a shit? It's too bad if he indeed has some kind of mental disability, but again, as far as these boards are concerned he's a waste of hard drive space. Maybe he should spend his time improving himself instead of joining message boards and bashing people.

Defend him all you want, Al. It will fall on deaf ears. May as well give it a rest. You should move on and talk about Rush or something.

I'm done with this. Seriously...move on.

I won't say anything more about him, but I hope folks will respond with the reasons that they hate him so much. I truely don't get it. All my friends adore him! He's a handful at times, and he talks about Genesis ad naseum, but he's our special 'lil guy. Why the hate?

QUOTE (SweataCicco @ Jun 6 2006, 02:43 AM)
I agree HYFAL.  Can't we all just get along?  We all need to take a chill pill and just relax.  It's really not acceptable to make fun of those with mental diabilities either.  Let's just all try to coexist for God's sake.

Oh and, hi HOTDOG! bekloppt.gif

*pfft* Amateurs....

Archived