TV Schedules Impacted Mon. 5/15

Papa Emeritus

Due to a presidential speech tonight at 8:00, tonight's schedule will be impacted.

This from TVGuide.com...

According to the Hollywood Reporter, President Bush has scheduled an address to the nation regarding immigration for Monday night <snip> Thus far, NBC and Fox have said they would carry the speech from 8 pm to 8:20 pm (at which time Fox will unspool the Prison Break finale in its entirety), while both ABC (which has some Oprah thing and the conclusion of Grey's Anatomy's season-ender to think about) and CBS are holding off on making a decision until Monday.

Reprogram your VCR/TIVO/DVR accordingly.

Speaking of Presidents and television, fans of "Commander in Chief" starring Geena Davis should be aware, if not already, that this show has been cancelled and will not return for another season. That is all.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 15 2006, 11:37 AM)
Speaking of Presidents and television, fans of "Commander in Chief" starring Geena Davis should be aware, if not already, that this show has been cancelled and will not return for another season. That is all.

Shame. Seemed like a good show, especially with The West Wing gone.

Soddy, I never watched the show only because it didn't interest me. I read that ongoing issues with writers is what did the show in. I guess the show's format kept getting changed and they started to lose the audience because everytime a new head script writer would come aboard, he or she would drastically change the characters and or plot lines to the point, the show was starting to not make sense, or so they say.

This unwelcome visit from Dubya is gonna affect my enjoyment of "The Apprentice."

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ May 15 2006, 02:44 PM)
Really? I saw only two episodes, so I don't have a good point of comparison. I would think time slot played a role, I don't even remember what night it was on.

yeah, the original writer was always late with scripts and the show kept getting pre-empted as a result. He quit or was fired and another head writer came in and changed storylines and/or characters around

In other words, the show's format changed enough to alienate the audience. Ratings and viewership kept descending.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 15 2006, 11:15 AM)
This unwelcome visit from Dubya is gonna affect my enjoyment of "The Apprentice."

yeah they'll probably bump up that annoying howie mandell game show 20 minutes and have the apprentice start at 9:20 sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (roll the bones @ May 15 2006, 05:41 AM)
Due to a presidential speech tonight at 8:00, tonight's schedule will be impacted.

This from TVGuide.com...

According to the Hollywood Reporter, President Bush has scheduled an address to the nation regarding immigration for Monday night <snip> Thus far, NBC and Fox have said they would carry the speech from 8 pm to 8:20 pm (at which time Fox will unspool the Prison Break finale in its entirety), while both ABC (which has some Oprah thing and the conclusion of Grey's Anatomy's season-ender to think about) and CBS are holding off on making a decision until Monday.

Reprogram your VCR/TIVO/DVR accordingly.

btw, thanks for the heads up! yes.gif