Professional Wrestling

Rush!

I'm a fan of the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment),

*formerly known as the WWF (World Wrestling Federation). I began watching it in March 2002 around the time they changed the name. The reason they changed the name of the company is because there is allegedly another WWF out there called the World Wildlife Foundation. I was shocked that Vince McMahon (WWE Owner/Chairman) actually agreed to let them change the name. Has anyone even heard of this other WWF? I've seen footage of a lot old matches ranging from 1993/'94 up to 2001 on (formerly known as RAW Is WAR) *The WAR part was taken out due to 9/11* and the storylines and actual wrestling were, IMO, better than they are now. However, now there's more sex appeal and there's more blood.

Anyone ever watch ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling)?

The Monday Night Wars (RAW vs. Nitro) WCW?

Please post your thoughts/opinions/memories about pro wrestling. smile.gif

I found myself watching WCW Monday Nitro quite a bit during '98. Coincidentally, this was also the era of Goldberg, his rise to pro wrestling superstardom, and his personal war against nWo. I think a lot of WCW fans were impressed with Bill Goldberg and his intensity. He put on a pretty good show. Bummer he couldn't accept the idea of losing a few matches, which kept him from being incorporated into WWE.

Fear the Spear

WWE, I thought at first that was an acronym for some womens channel. However, I think we all find the word entertainment more suitable than federation. Professional wrestling to me is kind of a train wreck. While sifting though channels you can't help but pause and find out what all the scuttlebutt is about. Thinking back I can remember watching Baron Von Rashke apply "the Claw" to unwitting opponents.

Archived