Venomous talk from Thomas Hayden Church

Jack Aubrey

Thanks to Jo Blo.

It's gotta suck to be Thomas Hayden Church right now while he's out doing the press rounds for his work in the animated OVER THE HEDGE. Not only is he constantly bombarded with questions about SPIDER-MAN 3 but he's probably had to regurgitate the same S3 spiel five hundred times in addition to regurgitating the same OVER THE HEDGE spiel five hundred times. Most recently, though, he dropped this little nugget: "I'm overwhelmed every time I'm around Sam [Raimi]. He's been showing me [stuff] since the beginning of last summer. 'This is what we are going to be doing in this sequence, this is what Spider-Man is going to be doing and this is what Venom is going to be doing.' It is a massive, massive process." I think he can confidentally drop the "V" word since the cat's been pretty much out of the bag for months now but what's interesting is that he does allude to Venom having significant screen time and not just being an afterthought at the end of the film. "This is what Venom is going to be doing" tells me that he'll be doing something that may involve opening a can of symbiote whup ass on Spidey.