March Madness 2006

Test4VitalSigns

First day just ended...

Notable upsets....11 seed Wisconsin-Milwaukee knocked off 6 seed Oklahoma and 5 seed Syracuse ran out of miracles losing to 12 seed Texas A&M....12 seed Montana eliminated 5 seed Nevada...

Tennessee and Boston College narrowly avoided being upset...Vols beat Winthrop 63-61...BC almost became victim of a great comeback by scrappy Pacific, finally beating them by 12 in double OT...

All the major top seeds moved on though several (Zaga and Indiana) had to come from behind to avoid upsets...

Let the Madness continue!!

Also today was the crazy bomb scare in San Diego that delayed the start of games there...apparently bomb-sniffing dogs detected something and therefore a temporary evacuation took place....Nothing was found...

March Madness indeed!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney0...tory?id=2371145

QUOTE (Raider917 @ Mar 17 2006, 08:52 PM)
UConn still down by 10 with 11:59 to go.

That was an amazing game. For me, who lives 45 minutes north of Albany, I was a little biased, but both teams played an amazing games. Too bad UAlbany's game didn't stay a little longer laugh.gif

not a good year for my brackets. 16 entries in either CBS, ESPN, Yahoo, and CNNSI and the best i had was a 25-7.

9 low seeds won a 1st round game this year. thats up 1 from last years 8 low seeds winning 1st rounders.

of the big 6 conferences the Big 12 had the roughest 1st round

Confernce Wins Losses

BIG EAST 6 2

SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE 5 1

ATLANTIC COAST CONFERENCE 4 0

BIG TEN 3 3

PACIFIC TEN 3 1

BIG TWELVE 1 3

ACC at 4-0 yes.gif

Though it sucks the Heels are now out I like this team to kick ass next year and beyond. They proved that despite losing their top 7 players from last year's championship team they can still contend with the big boys 1022.gif

The freshmen this year (especially Tyler Hansbrough) are great players and are gonna get better in the next few years. Coach Roy Williams proves how great a coach he really is...

Kudos to George Mason U. for proving the people who thought they didn't belong wrong...nice job!

QUOTE (Raider917 @ Mar 18 2006, 12:13 AM)
not a good year for my brackets.

Nor for anyone else's. laugh.gif

But I think this is cool. Lots of upsets, lots of quirky games, and a # 11 seed in the Final Four.

March Madness, indeed. Woohoo!

Now I am pulling for GM to go all the way. A #11 seed winning it all would ROCK.

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Mar 26 2006, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (Raider917 @ Mar 18 2006, 12:13 AM)
not a good year for my brackets.

Nor for anyone else's. laugh.gif

But I think this is cool. Lots of upsets, lots of quirky games, and a # 11 seed in the Final Four.

March Madness, indeed. Woohoo!

Now I am pulling for GM to go all the way. A #11 seed winning it all would ROCK.

INDEED!!!!

I'm pulling for GM too. As an FSU alum......I hope the Gators get eliminated.

Archived