Independant Radio Stations!

D-13

Hey guys....Mainstream music has really started to bug me and I found this Radio station in Calgary....called CJSW 90.9.....they support local bands and independant music and it's totally fun to listen to...because in 1 hr it could be jazz...then in the next its indie then punk then classical....it's crazy and a good source of music in every bite! had to say that! lol. They had this funding drive last weekend and finally it ended today, I pledged $150 because they are rad and I get a rad hoodie and because their music is the best....these guys are doing it for the music and only for the music....considering they do not get paided....they are all volunteers. Do you guys have any radio stations of the kind? NO MAINSTREAM MUSIC lol

20 years on the dial CJSW

CJSW!!!!!!!!!! you can listen to it online too! common001.gif

I need to do some radio dial flipping. I've been stuck on a couple SF rock stations, but generally dont listen to the radio at all for the same reason you named. I've begun to build a small, but respectable collection now and mostly listen to that. Sorry I dunno. If anyone knows any decent SF stations, let me know yes.gif

It's that time of year again...for the CJSW Funding Drive!

If you live in the Calgary area you will know about this station...if not..it's pretty much campus radio..in the U of C. They play music that you will not hear on mainsteam radio....they play locals from all over canada and the states. Even international tunes as well. CJSW has definately showed me the other side of music.

If you live in the calgary area support your local! If you are an out of towner...biggrin.gif thats rad. Keep listening because this is a great radio station.

As per usual i'll be donating to them again. You get cool swag if you do too! So support your local indie radio station and you support your local artists!

CJSW!

Over here in England we're very fortunate to have BBC radio. It's funded by us all paying a license fee for having TVs instead of by commericals. This means that it's, well, a lot less commercial. Indeed, it is part of their remit that they mustn't do what commercial radio can do.

And, oh you lucky things, you can now listen on line. Some of this stuff is golddust. Here's a link:- BBC Radio

Radio 1 is youth - listen to the evening stuff

Radio 2 is for more middle aged folk like me

Radio 3 is classical and 'serious' music - check out Night Waves

Radio 4 is highbrow talk

Radio 5 is sport, no music

Radio 6 is, er, quality white music

Radio 7 comedy and drama, no music.

There's a lot to sift thru, if you want guidance PM me.

Disco

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 22 2004, 10:20 PM)
I need to do some radio dial flipping. I've been stuck on a couple SF rock stations, but generally dont listen to the radio at all for the same reason you named. I've begun to build a small, but respectable collection now and mostly listen to that. Sorry I dunno. If anyone knows any decent SF stations, let me know yes.gif

hey dude is your san fran radio online? If so give me da link! biggrin.gif

Pretty please with a cherry on top biggrin.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Oct 25 2006, 10:45 AM)
I need to do some radio dial flipping.  I've been stuck on a couple SF rock stations, but generally dont listen to the radio at all for the same reason you named.  I've begun to build a small, but respectable collection now and mostly listen to that.  Sorry I dunno.  If anyone knows any decent SF stations, let me know yes.gif

you mean Live 105? Yeah its streaming. Check out the soundcheck show (though they havent updated the soundcheck page in forever). The show runs from 7-10pm on sundays and always plays the newest music, mostly stuff that has never been aired before anywhere else. Also they give tons of free tickets away, I've won more then half a dozen times this year.

We have 2 of the absolute best independant radio stations in the world right here in Melbourne. Pretty sure you can listen online....

http://www.rrr.org.au/

http://www.pbsfm.org.au/

They both have about as wide a selection of music as you can imagine, from Extreme Metal to doof doof to punk/hardcore to classical and jazz.

We are very priveleged to have them.....

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 25 2006, 02:06 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Oct 25 2006, 10:45 AM)
I need to do some radio dial flipping.  I've been stuck on a couple SF rock stations, but generally dont listen to the radio at all for the same reason you named.  I've begun to build a small, but respectable collection now and mostly listen to that.  Sorry I dunno.  If anyone knows any decent SF stations, let me know yes.gif

you mean Live 105? Yeah its streaming. Check out the soundcheck show (though they havent updated the soundcheck page in forever). The show runs from 7-10pm on sundays and always plays the newest music, mostly stuff that has never been aired before anywhere else. Also they give tons of free tickets away, I've won more then half a dozen times this year.

yeah! biggrin.gif Thanks dude trink39.gif

Archived