I have NBC on and they have the winter olypics on,

right now its snowboardin.

all i have to say is WOW.I never really watched it B4

but geez D-13 im so impressed that u do the very same thing

as compitions

USA Kelly Clark just wrecked sad.gif

Have u boarded at all this season D?

i havent noticed any of ur posts bout ur winter hobby confused13.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jan 15 2006, 11:37 AM)
I  have NBC on and they have  the winter olypics on,
right now its snowboardin.
all i have to say is WOW.I never really watched it B4
but geez D-13 im so impressed that u do the very same thing 
as compitions
USA Kelly Clark just wrecked  sad.gif 

Have u boarded at all this season D?
i havent noticed any of ur posts bout ur winter hobby  confused13.gif

heh, i'm no where near competible (sp?) in the first place and I can't go as big as those guys. Yeah I haven't been out at all. I think twice. Usually I would of gone at least 50+ times already. Sadly enough... work takes up time. But the main reason is that my coach moved to Whistler B.C (12 hour drive) and she was the main person I rode with and about the only person that was not a arrogant, greedy, selfish, t**t.

It's really getting to the point that it's just not fun anymore. I HATE going to the local hill because there are always people there that think they are the sh*t of snowboarding and they act above us all. Cutting lines, cutting YOU off, when dropping in the half pipe...someone drops in RIGHT behind you which puts pressure on you to hurry your ass up or you will get hit. Snowboarding is about style now. Everywhere I look I see $500 pants and jackets. People have 3 or 4 different outfits....it's stupid! They have the gnarliest board on the market, that sort of stuff. It's about fun! not being the sh*t on the hill. f**k!

Last year at nationals was a bittersweet experience. It was exciting because it was nationals! It was fun treking around Big white and the town. Competiton was ok, I did my best. But people who were in the comp and the organizers treated us like sh*t. No one knew who I was or my friend or even my coach!...pretty much being ignored. So it was that kind of stuff that hurt. My coach had a breakdown in a vacant coffee shop after the comp. Good thing I went out to look for her and found her...it was a mess!

This year I vowed to take a year off of comps and to find the fun in the sport again. So far i'm unmotivated to ride. Perhaps it's because of my injuries. My wrist injuries are not fixable anymore (even though I do my wrist exercises and go to physio). So it doesn't matter how hard I fall. This creates a "can't play guitar for 2 weeks" crap and also restricts me to do my job and everything else...which is something I can't handle! and if your thinking...."well don't fall" stop being a smartass! laugh.gif you just can't do that.

So in my spare time i've been taking the role of a "photographer". First comp in alberta will be on the Jan 20-22 for a Billabong comp so hopefully i'll get some good shots in feel like i'm actaully having fun. It may seem like i'm being a pansy but...do I still want to play guitar for the rest of my life? hell yes! It sucks because snowboarding used to be "Juss Give'r" . *sigh* not for me anymore sad.gif. Whatever sh*t happens....get over with it and use the energy toward something else. Life is too short to complain and bitch about sh*t like this.

I hope I answered your question Donna... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Just had to get that out of my system...

PS- Olympics are going to tres rad. Kelly Clark is my hero dude. Any of them are. Except a few...that take the role on what I said above.

Yikes D,

soo sorry all that crap went down with ur coach.

and sux that others are takin away ur love of the sport to be

just a pain in the ass to go and enjoy it. sad.gif

U shouldnt have to worry about "keepin up with the jones's"

and buy all the best of somthin.

Hey u have talent & love for the sport..dont let them distance u from that dazed025.gif

But yea life does get in the way of ur hobbys..like work and school and all that

real life stuff 062802puke_prv.gif

Sorry if i brought up some bad memories, didnt mean for this to go that way

Just watchin that on Tv and knowin u were into that just had me in awe.

ur still young & have plenty of time to get back to it wink.gif

and hey just so u know ..ur the one that got me to stop channel surfin & enjoy the boardin trink39.gif

heart.gif ya bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jan 15 2006, 06:13 PM)
Yikes D,
soo sorry all that crap went down with ur coach.
and sux that others are takin away ur love of the sport to be
just a pain in the ass to go and enjoy it. sad.gif
U shouldnt have to worry about "keepin up with the jones's"
and buy all the best of somthin.
Hey u have talent & love for the sport..dont let them distance u from that dazed025.gif
But yea life does get in the way of ur hobbys..like work and school and all that
real life stuff 062802puke_prv.gif
Sorry if i brought up some bad memories, didnt mean for this to go that way
Just watchin that on Tv and knowin u were into that just had me in awe.

ur still young & have plenty of time to get back to it wink.gif
and hey just so u know ..ur the one that got me to stop channel surfin & enjoy the boardin trink39.gif

heart.gif ya bekloppt.gif

naw you didn't bring up bad ones...meh whatever eh'? It's tough to be in a sport that is growing so much. The point is...Injuries suck! laugh.gif boarder.gif

Archived