Is this a true statement

Indica

No team has ever won MORE regular season games in one season than the Steelers did in the 2004 season...Is this a true statement or not?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. No team has ever won MORE regular season games in one season than the Steelers did in the 2004 season...Is this a true statement or not?

• Yes it's true, they won 15 out of 16 games
    • No that's not true, 15 is equal 15, so the same means more.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 31 2005, 08:13 AM)
I don't know if you care about what i think, but what i see all the time is how you say you don't rag on other teams, but you do. I've seen it in plenty other threads and even in this one. My point is I don't care anyway... because i think that's part of the game. Trash talking a fan of another team is all fine and dandy and should be part of the whole fan experience. Now getting ridiculous like i've seen some fans do, especially at philly games, towards fans of another team is uncalled for, but ragging out another fan of a rival team on a forum board is just fun. I know i've done it and will continue to do it. It don't mean shit. I love when you get so good at ragging out another fan that you wind up knowing more about the other team than that fan even does. Then you totally own the argument. The best is when a particular fan can only go back and continually brag about four Lombardi's his team won over two decades ago. You just can't beat that. I think it was 81' or 82 the chargers won a boatload of games and were the best team in the NFL. They had the BEST PLAYOFF GAME IN HISTORY against the Miami Dolphins only to lose the following week in Cincy. Yeah... great season... but do i talk about it? Not much, cause ultimately what did they win? NOTHING. 94 we beat the dolphins in a come from behind win and then go on to be the AFC champions against who... oh yeah PITTSBURGH... but is it something i talk about a lot? NO... cuz though we put Putzburgh on their ass... ultimately we got CRUSHED in the bowl. Nothing really matters but the bowl. I'd personally rather my team have a regular year and peak come playoff time than have an AMAZING record setting year only to come out chumps to New England. If I was a Steeler fan, I would have slit my wrists last year. I don't think a fan tries to put a positive spin on LOSING. The Charger website is doing that right now, but i'm disgusted and have every right to be. If telling yourself that the 15-1 regular season was that awesome that it overshadows the playoff loss is how you need to deal with it... fine. But being 15-1 and LOSING would make me sick. Just my opinion. This has nothing to do with previous bickering between us either Indy... i just hate to lose when the record shows that a team is better. The steeler's record shows that they should have been SB champs. The fact that they are not SB champs shows the record LIES about the true quality of the team. They rode a big wave and when that wave started to crest... their true ability came through. Unfortunately their true ability was that they didn't belong on the same field as New England at THAT time of the year. Just my opinion.

Yea but we seen what happened this year, the steelers went to San Diego and beat their asses on Monday Night Football in front of God himself LOL.

It's pathetic you are talking about something that happened over 10 years ago. ahahahahahahah.

Face it, the Steelers are the Class of the NFL. Until you realize this then you will always be lost about football.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 31 2005, 04:18 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 30 2005, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 30 2005, 11:43 AM)
look indy im not saying its not cool when your team wins 15 games but i dont see a need to push it our faces when you choked in the end.the last time denver was superbowl champs they won 14 games in the regular season then they won it all ! no one talks about the fact the vikings were 15 and 1 that year they did'nt even get to the bowl.like my opinion or not thats the fact.no says hey remember the 98 vikings what a team! and no one will say hey remember when pittsburgh won 15 games in 04 then lost at home to the patriots.

i know im a pain in the ass indy ,but its fun! laugh.gif

No, your exact words were "it don't mean anything"..........Well, you are wrong because it means something to me. For that matter, winning the super bowl don't mean anything. Nothing that happens in sports means anything for that matter. I just find it stupid that people run out of bad things to say and then they try to bring a good team down by saying "Well, they lost the Championship game and they aren't #1 so it all means nothing"...... I don't see the point to say that over and over is all....... If your team is shining then boast about it, but to try to bring everyones teams down is childish, that's all.

Denver has a good team, they are winning a lot of games. If they don't win the super bowl I PROMISE you that I won't be rubbing your nose in it. (I guess since my Steelers win a lot I'm not one of those jealous fans who feel the need to bring other good teams down) But if my team is doing well be prepared to hear me brag about it. Sorry but I like it when my team is doing well.

My brother always told me "you better brag now while your team is ahead, because it just isn't that effective when they are losing"

I will always remember his quote, it makes a lot of sense to me. You bragging about how good the Broncos are doesn't bother me one bit, they ARE good and I know enough about football to see that. Brag on son!!!!!

oh i hope denver plays pittsburgh indy, then some one will really have a big mouth. and after the game.........

tick- 1022.gif cool10.gif trink39.gif

indy- confused13.gif fists crying.gif 062802puke_prv.gif fists crying.gif rage.gif fists crying.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I hope they do play Denver, that should be a good entertaining game. And since it would be in Denver then it might make it more even.

All I can say is good luck tick, I hope the Broncos make you happy this season, I really do. If it makes you happy then that's great. That's what it's all about bro.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Dec 31 2005, 08:34 AM)
I don't know what the hell you're talking about, Indy. The Browns SUCK! tongue.gif

Give them time, I predict the Browns to become a power house in the NFL in the next couple years or so. They are due.

I said the same thing about the Bengals a couple years ago and look at them now, they have a pretty decent team.

Although the Browns are the STeelers biggest rivalry, I hated that they left football for a couple years, it actually pissed me off what Art Modell did. Sure the browns are the team I'm supposed to hate but the NFL seemed empty without them. Don't worry, it won't be long before they are back in the playoffs again rolling some heads.

I love when you get so good at ragging out another fan that you wind up knowing more about the other team than that fan even does. Then you totally own the argument.

Don't worry, that will NEVER happen with me.

no.gif

I think it was 81' or 82 the chargers won a boatload of games and were the best team in the NFL. They had the BEST PLAYOFF GAME IN HISTORY against the Miami Dolphins only to lose the following week in Cincy. Yeah... great season... but do i talk about it? Not much, cause ultimately what did they win? NOTHING.

So let me get this right, the only person who can talk about their team is the fans of a super bowl winner? That would be lame. How much fun would that be? Talking smack is a big part of football for the fans.

I usually talk about the Steelers when they shine. There are times I have to put fans who talk shit in their place by pointing out how bad their team sucks, but THEIR TEAM HAS TO SUCK for me to do that. I'm not about to be stupid and tell someone their team sucks because they lost an AFC championship game. In my eyes, if they sucked THEY WOULDNT BE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Sure I talk shit sometimes but I'm not stupid about it. If I say a team sucks then you better bet they suck. In my opinion if a team is in the playoffs then they are doing something right and they don't suck. But that's just me. I'm not an idiot.

wow after reading the last 10 posts i feel like i should smoke a cigarette . cool10.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 31 2005, 10:46 AM)
wow after reading the last 10 posts i feel like i should smoke a cigarette . cool10.gif

They are a nasty habit, very bad for you and since you are a singer you shouldn't mess your voice up with them. It's New Years Eve so you could make that your resolution. I'm lookin out for you tick. You are a strong enough person to kick the habit.

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 31 2005, 03:57 PM)

They are a nasty habit, very bad for you and since you are a singer you shouldn't mess your voice up with them. It's New Years Eve so you could make that your resolution. I'm lookin out for you tick. You are a strong enough person to kick the habit.

just for the record indy, i dont smoke.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 31 2005, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 31 2005, 03:57 PM)

just for the record indy, i dont smoke.

Great!!!

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 31 2005, 03:33 PM)
I love when you get so good at ragging out another fan that you wind up knowing more about the other team than that fan even does.  Then you totally own the argument.

no.gif

it already did assclown. laugh.gif you forgot we beat you in 81 and ended bradshaw's career with an ass stomping. go back in thread. it was like a month ago maybe. you really should slow down on the smoke bro.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 31 2005, 12:38 PM)
I love when you get so good at ragging out another fan that you wind up knowing more about the other team than that fan even does.  Then you totally own the argument.

no.gif

it already did assclown. laugh.gif you forgot we beat you in 81 and ended bradshaw's career with an ass stomping. go back in thread. it was like a month ago maybe. you really should slow down on the smoke bro.

You are the one whos an asshole. You claim some sort of victory over me because I forgot something that happened like over 20 years ago? You haven't showed me anything. You really need to get a f***ing life. Seriously. Your teams not going to the playoffs so get over it. Maybe if they were a little bit better then they might make the playoffs but obviously they can't beat Miami so they really don't deserve a playoffs spot. If it makes ya feel like a big man thinking you know more than me about football then go for it. I'm a True Steeler fan and that's that. I am sorry but I have to laugh at your lame attempt to claim some sort of victory on that stupid shit.

You can always tell the people who haven't won much in their life...........If it makes ya feel better I will pretend like you are this great football guru. Man you are the best, you know everything, you are the man.

You seem like you need your ego pumped up a little. You are graspin do0d, seriously.

Wow, the Chargers beat the steelers in 81, I am so Owned. wacko.gif

The Chargers will be sitting on the couch next week watching the playoffs, they can invite the 49ers over since they are in the same state, maybe the raiders will show up. I remember when California had a lot of great teams.

And as far as me slowing down on smoke, f**k you, I will smoke as much as I want. If I lived in California I would have a prescription for it, my Doctor already told me that. So put me down for smoking all you want. Keep repeating yourself over and over though, I'm sure we all want to hear about it.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 31 2005, 01:05 PM)
YOU GUYS CRACK ME UP !!!! wink.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif fists crying.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I was laughing at first but he really needs to come up with fresh material. yes.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 31 2005, 05:44 PM)

no.gif

You are the one whos an asshole. You claim some sort of victory over me because I forgot something that happened like over 20 years ago? You haven't showed me anything. You really need to get a f***ing life. Seriously. Your teams not going to the playoffs so get over it. Maybe if they were a little bit better then they might make the playoffs but obviously they can't beat Miami so they really don't deserve a playoffs spot. If it makes ya feel like a big man thinking you know more than me about football then go for it. I'm a True Steeler fan and that's that. I am sorry but I have to laugh at your lame attempt to claim some sort of victory on that stupid shit.

You can always tell the people who haven't won much in their life...........If it makes ya feel better I will pretend like you are this great football guru. Man you are the best, you know everything, you are the man.

You seem like you need your ego pumped up a little. You are graspin do0d, seriously.

The Chargers will be sitting on the couch next week watching the playoffs, they can invite the 49ers over since they are in the same state, maybe the raiders will show up. I remember when California had a lot of great teams.

And as far as me slowing down on smoke, f**k you, I will smoke as much as I want. If I lived in California I would have a prescription for it, my Doctor already told me that. So put me down for smoking all you want. Keep repeating yourself over and over though, I'm sure we all want to hear about it.

"You are the one whos an asshole."

I didn't call you an asshole Indy. I called you an assclown followed by a smiley face that clearly states it was a joke. Assclown is a humorous name that a wrestler Chris Jericho uses. It has no derogatory meaning and does not get banned by television stations or anything because it's not a curse. I only call someone an asshole if I was about to get physical with them. Since this is the internet... that would just be silly wouldn't it? Maybe if we meet at rushcon or something though... then i'll call you one. OR i'll just remember that YOU just called ME one. Either way, it's not something you'll be happy about.

As for the rest of your Indiotic post... why is it that in one post you say you will NEVER be that type of fan when you've proven time and time again to BE that type of fan. You say that trash talking is all a part of it, but that only applies if it's YOU doing the trash talking, right? I've never come off as some god of football. I just like to bust ass on fans who wear shirts and hats with logos but don't even know their own team's history and that is you. Losing is part of the winning d00d and all you seem to remember is the four lombardis and last years 15 WINS. But you don't accept that they wound up LOSING to New England and since the four lombardis they haven't done SHIT. That doesn't make them a team to be "jealous" of by us fans of other teams, it just makes them a team who has fans that we hate because they brag so much about a past that is nearly thirty years old. Just clear your mind for a day and re-read your posts "d00d". You contradict yourself constantly. You say everyone's a hater, and that you don't rag on other good teams when it's ALL you do. You're only way of winning (well... trying to win) these arguments are to bring people's real lives into it or to call someone an asshole. Even the other Steeler fans here are sick of you in here. I only started bringing up 81 AND 94 cuz you were constantly pushing down other people's throats about those old dusty lombardis from the seventies when you were what... ten? This will be my last banter with you about this. You've proven you're not a true fan and only looking to start trouble by calling me an asshole. You've invaded everyone's thread in here and in random samples and when anyone shoots back with a little humor all you got is acting tough over the internet or going after someone with attacks on their personal life. Yeah... i make reference to your pot usage because your posts prove your wasted. You can get all the scripts you want that doesn't change how baked you are and that's proven just by reading how often you contradict yourself and how often you get mad at peeps for doing the same thing you do to them. So silly. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 31 2005, 02:21 PM)

no.gif

I didn't call you an asshole Indy. I called you an assclown followed by a smiley face that clearly states it was a joke. Assclown is a humorous name that a wrestler Chris Jericho uses. It has no derogatory meaning and does not get banned by television stations or anything because it's not a curse. I only call someone an asshole if I was about to get physical with them. Since this is the internet... that would just be silly wouldn't it? Maybe if we meet at rushcon or something though... then i'll call you one. OR i'll just remember that YOU just called ME one. Either way, it's not something you'll be happy about.

As for the rest of your Indiotic post... why is it that in one post you say you will NEVER be that type of fan when you've proven time and time again to BE that type of fan. You say that trash talking is all a part of it, but that only applies if it's YOU doing the trash talking, right? I've never come off as some god of football. I just like to bust ass on fans who wear shirts and hats with logos but don't even know their own team's history and that is you. Losing is part of the winning d00d and all you seem to remember is the four lombardis and last years 15 WINS. But you don't accept that they wound up LOSING to New England and since the four lombardis they haven't done SHIT. That doesn't make them a team to be "jealous" of by us fans of other teams, it just makes them a team who has fans that we hate because they brag so much about a past that is nearly thirty years old. Just clear your mind for a day and re-read your posts "d00d". You contradict yourself constantly. You say everyone's a hater, and that you don't rag on other good teams when it's ALL you do. You're only way of winning (well... trying to win) these arguments are to bring people's real lives into it or to call someone an asshole. Even the other Steeler fans here are sick of you in here. I only started bringing up 81 AND 94 cuz you were constantly pushing down other people's throats about those old dusty lombardis from the seventies when you were what... ten? This will be my last banter with you about this. You've proven you're not a true fan and only looking to start trouble by calling me an asshole. You've invaded everyone's thread in here and in random samples and when anyone shoots back with a little humor all you got is acting tough over the internet or going after someone with attacks on their personal life. Yeah... i make reference to your pot usage because your posts prove your wasted. You can get all the scripts you want that doesn't change how baked you are and that's proven just by reading how often you contradict yourself and how often you get mad at peeps for doing the same thing you do to them. So silly. wacko.gif

f**k YOU, YOU WONT DO SHIT. I will be at rushcon if they even have it this year. If you want to come and try to kick my ass or something then shut the f**k up and just do it. These internet threats just make you look like a f***ing pussy. It's sad you can't take getting schooled, maybe you should double check your posts from now and before you hit enter then that way you wont look like you don't know shit. You need to grow up for real.

You obviously have a problem with me. Deal with it. I'm not impressed with your online threats. Seriously. How old are you anyway? 12?

So it's cool to call people names as long as theres a smilie face after it? How about this GROW THE f**k UP AND GET OVER YOUR LITTLE PROBLEM WITH ME

I WONT EVEN TYPE IN YOUR DIRECTION ANYMORE BECAUSE YOU OBVIOUSLY CANT HANG.

no.gif

Do0d are you gonna cry now? If you honestly read my posts and think I don't know shit about my own team then you are f***ing stupid.

Also, How am I bring up your personal life? Please show me one example of that. I read you whinning posts about your personal life many times and they bout made me cry, but I didn't even respond to them because ITS NONE OF MY f***ing BUSINESS. Do you actually think you are the only person with problems in this world?

The more you say that I don't know shit about the Steelers the more ignorant you look. I watch every Steeler game, I missed 10 games in the last 20 years or so. You claim you aren't gonna watch your team tonight because they blew their shot at the playoffs, and you have the nerve to say I'm not a true fan? You are the one contridicting yourself. You are a poor sport, now go root for your 2nd or 3rd or 4th favorite team since you are such a loyal fan and all AHAHAHAHAHA.

This is your last banter? WELL GOOD!!!! It will be nice to not hear your crying for a few days. I just hope you keep your word and not talk about it anymore because you don't know shit anyway. Now go ahead and make threats some more since you know you got owned. Before you challenge me again on anything I suggest you prepare a bit better because this post I just quoted is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever read. Questioning my loyalty as a Steeler fan LOL....

Other steeler fans are sick of me talking about my team shinning? Show me one example of that, and if it's true then the hell with them, they don't have to read my posts if this is true but I think it's just more made up bullshit on your part. You need to get over it for real. You are making yourself look like the assclown laugh.gif <------see a smilie, so it's cool huh? wacko.gif

Assclown is a humorous name that a wrestler Chris Jericho uses.

My bad, I quit watching wrestling when I was like 9.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Dec 29 2005, 12:59 PM)
if you put blinders on truth then the truth is not the truth no.gif

this is gay. saying "no one has won more regular season games than the steelers" not only takes away from the accomplishments of the other teams that did the exact same thing, it gives then no voice at all.

i want a link of that battle between INDICA and TEST4VITALSIGNS because i think INDICA lost that one, and not only that, it made for a good read...

but you people just don't know when to call it quits no.gif just when you think it's done there's more. must i start a detox thread obssessive compulsive behavior?? 062802puke_prv.gif

smile.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Dec 31 2005, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Dec 29 2005, 12:59 PM)
if you put blinders on truth then the truth is not the truth no.gif

this is gay. saying "no one has won more regular season games than the steelers" not only takes away from the accomplishments of the other teams that did the exact same thing, it gives then no voice at all.

i want a link of that battle between INDICA and TEST4VITALSIGNS because i think INDICA lost that one, \

I understand you just want to instigate things and start some fights and all.

But how can I lose when I am 100% correct? lol

The argument started when He said I was wrong, when I wasn't wrong, I was 100% correct in my statement.

I didn't take anything from anyone, someone else could make the same claim about the Vikings and I'm not about to make myself look like an ass by telling them that they are wrong. BECAUSE THEY WOULDN'T BE!!!!!

This argument is over, and shouldn't be rehashed. Be patient Daveyt, I am sure someone else will step up and falsely accuse me of being wrong when I'm not and I will have to school them too. Then and only then, you will have your much needed drama.

Be patient. It's only a matter of time before school is in session once again. This story is played out though. I think I made my point and deep down they know I'm correct. yes.gif

no.gif

Just to get everyone up to speed on what is going on here. Necromancer said that the Steelers never beat the Chargers in the playoffs. I told him I wasn't aware of that fact, so now he thinks since he knew that and I didn't then that means I am an unloyal fan and he knows more about my team than I do. laugh.gif

Let's think about this for a moment.......

I've been watching the Steelers for like 30 years, religiously........But I can't off the top of my head tell you the playoff records head to head against EVERY team the Steelers played in history. That's a lot to remember, I honestly don't know anyone who can (off the top of their head) tell you every head to head playoff record against every team of their favorite team. I mean sure you can go look it up but I admitted I didn't know that fact and he acts like this.

Not knowing this makes me an unloyal fan? And it means you know more about the steelers than I do? LOL, That is freaking stupid. Not only that, he blames my weed smoking for the reason I don't remember all these stats that date years before I even started watching football, LOL.....(plus you have to remember the Steelers go to the playoffs a LOT)

Come on, you are grasping, I thought about this and I keep laughing about it. I mean, I've never had my loyalty for my team questioned before as most know I am a Die Hard. WHO KNOWS EVERY SINGLE STAT ABOUT THEIR TEAM THROUGHOUT HISTORY? No one I know. So I guess there's not too many loyal fans in the world huh? LOL......

Thanks for the laugh. YOU GOT ME, I will burn all my Steelers shirts and memorabilia now since it's clear that I am not a true fan. sad.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Dec 31 2005, 11:11 PM)
I voted for option 3, after all ... 10-5+5+5 =15, right?

wtf wacko.gif trink38.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

i'm not ready to figure **** out , indica you better relax and drink something.

some good qutoes in here....

back to the fridge

Archived