The Ringer

thestand

*****May contain spoilers*****

I saw the Ringer this week (I see at least one movie each week). The movie begins with Johnny Knoxville listening to a self-help tape. And, what really shocked me in this movie was Knoxville. He gave a very good performance throughout.

The comedy was a little weak, but it does slowly pick up. The first 10-15 minutes the crowd was eerily silent, and the first laughs only came when the completely un-PC uncle starts saying things like "mega-tard". But when the character gets to the Special Olympics, it picks up.

As many people who have reviewed this movie have already said, this movie is not a crude, mentally-challenged bashing movie. All of the jokes are on Johnny Knoxville, not directed at the other cast members. The only thing about that is, throughout the movie, you can feel an underlying theme of the producers trying to sort-of humanize the mentally challenged cast members. I mean, the movie does end with a rendition of "Respect". Nothing I will probably come back to, but if you can get to a matinee showing, I'd say it's worth it.

C+

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 28 2005, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (thestand @ Dec 28 2005, 01:32 PM)
The only thing about that is, throughout the movie, you can feel an underlying theme of the producers trying to sort-of humanize the mentally challenged cast members.

C+

Ummm they ARE human sarcasm.gif

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (thestand @ Dec 28 2005, 01:43 PM)
I know that, and I used that term on purpose to get that response

It sure worked too. Good job. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Just rented this flick to watch tonight

hope its funny, I could use a good giggle or 2 yes.gif