How did you lose your long hair?

blackhawkrush

Never really had long hair, was in the Air Cadets from 13-20 ywar old so always had it short.  After this I did grow it for a while but with my hair been fairly curly it just bunched up when hitting colour length.  When wet it would be down to shoulder blade length.  Probably grew it for about 12-18 months then cut it all off and have had same cut ever since - grade 2 back and sides, cut short on top.

• Like 1

I grew my hair out after leaving the military. My hair is very wavy & tended to bunch up instead of laying down, as I discovered with a bit of heartbreak. I walked around with it for about two weeks whereupon I was well & truly sick of it so I went to the barber & had it cut "as short as you can without shaving me bald" which left me with maybe an eighth of an inch overall & I immediately loved it. Over the following years ol' male-pattern baldness struck (and hard) so now I just shave my head. I do compensate by having a long beard, tho! :D

On 12/24/2023 at 2:29 PM, metallithrax said:

Never really had long hair, was in the Air Cadets from 13-20 ywar old so always had it short.  After this I did grow it for a while but with my hair been fairly curly it just bunched up when hitting colour length.  When wet it would be down to shoulder blade length.  Probably grew it for about 12-18 months then cut it all off and have had same cut ever since - grade 2 back and sides, cut short on top.

Wow! Your hair hair too, huh? We may be long-lost relatives. :biggrin: