Got a Man Crush?

Dweezil

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 18 2005, 08:27 PM)
even i made jokes in the george takei thread - it's all about where you're coming from with it - if you're doing it in the spirit of fun, cool. i only get bothered when people do it cruelly in the spirit of ridicule, hatred or looking down upon.

btw, necro, i hope you haven't thought i've accused you of anything as i haven't, just stating how i view things independently of anything else.

peace,
gary

God No Goobs. I just read the word Homophobe about ten times in this thread and it brought back to mind a few particularly bad arguments I had with a friend of mine who was offended by my jokes and stuff that I did when mimicking gay men in humourous ways. Then she got a bunch of people in the group to see things her way. Someone mentioned that being a homophobe was really someone who did the things I was doing to cover a deep resentment that they themselves feard they were gay. I was outraged at the accusation, and the group thought that to be even funnier because it made me look even more guilty. It was one of those catch 22 situations. They throw this definition out there that you can't really escape out of. I knew where I stood, and my wife knew where I stood, but this "friend" of mine had a way of manipulating actions and words to suit her dime store psychological profile she was making of me in front of everyone because she was basically just offended at my humor because as it turned out her brother was gay and he was closeted and we never knew. I just found out recently and had a heart to heart with her and him about it. He was never really bothered about my jokes, it was some of my outright disdain that i showed. I don't know why or when I "grew up" about it, but i'm not like that anymore. Honestly, my views were highly public among my crowd and I think someone challenged me by suggesting a scenario of what i would do if one of my children were gay. Well... there's a certain time in your life that you realize things aren't black and white and maybe it's time to re-evaluate your "beliefs". I guess that's when I re-evaluated mine. I won't say that i'm some perfect person yet... far from it. But I've grown a LOT. I'm proud that I'm not totally the same guy i speak of here, but a lot of him still exists. He wasn't all bad. wink.gif

Goobs, i know that sometimes posts can be vague. Sorry if my ramblings made you think that it had anything to do with the conversations here between any of us in this thread. The whole thing just brought me back to a time when my humor kinda cost me a dear friend and I didn't know why. My humor has been a problem a lot. My ex wife never could understand how my close friends could put up with me for long. I have a tendency to be acidic with it sometimes. I guess, like music, we're influenced by our idols. This may be very un pc-ish to admit, but I used to LOVE Andrew Dice Clay. I guess I could be quite offensive in my humor. Hell... i still get that way sometimes. It's not always pretty. I'm a big guy and rarely if ever violent, so i kinda respond to being aggravated in a more "productive" way. If someone pisses me off, i'll bust on them till they cry, if i can. Again... not something I'm proud of, but this was what i would do in the name of HUMOR. Sometimes things just aren't funny to everyone. I have a very hard line to cross. It's almost impossible to offend me, but I sometimes don't realize that others aren't the same way and I go too far. I didn't know why, but at the time I was going to far and it cost me. Again, sorry if my ramblings made you think it had anything to do with HERE. It was just memories. You're still my main crush bro. Don't worry. The whole Pags thing was just a fleeting thought. tongue.gif

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived