Tea Party No More

Dweezil

I really liked this band. sad.gif

Canadian rockers Tea Party break up, frontman going solo

(CP) - After 15 years together, rock band the Tea Party is splitting up.

The trio will be "parting ways for the foreseeable future," frontman Jeff Martin said in a statement released Wednesday.

Formed in Toronto in 1990, Martin, bassist Stuart Chatwood and drummer Jeff Burrows are best known for their eastern-influenced rock songs, which include Sister Awake and Heaven Coming Down. The Juno-nominated band released nine albums, most recently Seven Circles in August 2004.

"I am deeply appreciative of all the support Tea Party fans have shown both the band and me over the years," said Martin, who recently moved to the Irish countryside with his family where he's working on a solo career.

"While I'm not ruling out a return of The Tea Party at some time in the future, I am focused for now on my acoustic solo record."

http://www.teaparty.com/

http://www.ssmt-reviews.com/images/tea/band.jpg

From cbc.ca

"While I'm not ruling out a return of the Tea Party at some time in the future, I am focused for now on my acoustic solo record, and hope to release the new music this winter and tour in support of it."

In early September, the band cancelled a series of fall concerts in Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic Canada for "personal reasons."

Martin, bassist Stuart Chatwood and drummer Jeff Burrows formed the Juno-nominated blues-rock band in 1990. However, the trio soon moved into an Eastern-influenced sound and became best known for featuring Middle Eastern and South Asian instruments and artists in their energetic songs, which helped develop an Australian and European audience. The band's most recent album, Seven Circles, was released in August 2004.
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/pix/martin_jeff_051018.jpg
Jeff Martin, seen here at the 2003 SARS relief concert in Toronto, has announced his band the Tea Party is splitting up.

I don't know anything about this band, but it always seems rather "I'm better as a soloist than with you guys" mentality.

If he doesn't make it as a solo artist, he'll call back his good 'ol reliable bandmates to reform the band. "Sorry, I got another job mr. solo artist..."

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 19 2005, 09:23 AM)
I don't know anything about this band, but it always seems rather "I'm better as a soloist than with you guys" mentality.

If he doesn't make it as a solo artist, he'll call back his good 'ol reliable bandmates to reform the band. "Sorry, I got another job mr. solo artist..."

I have to disagree with you here.

I think Jeff has a bright future.

Jeff Martin is one of the more incredible guitar players around.

I am interested to see what he is going to do without the guys he has been playing with since high school. He is a truly gifted instrumentalist. He plays a whole bunch of weird stuff in the studio from around the world.

Sad news sad.gif

I LOVE this band..I've seen them live 4 times.

I agree with you Dweez, Jeff Martin is an amazing guitarist, with a voice that gives me goosebumps.

I like the fact that the band was open-minded musically to use different instruments from around the world, and bring their unique sounds into their music. SAMSARA comes to mind wink.gif What a Rockin' Tune..must be played LOUD yes.gif

3 cheers for The Tea Party trink39.gif

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b172/shan2112/theteaparty.jpg

Stuart Chatwood

Jeff Martin

Jeff Burrows

A Great Canadian band..and lets not forget, not to shabby Lookin' either biggrin.gif

Oh, he probably is a talented musician. I've never heard any of their music or know anything about the band.

I didn't know whether or not he was the type to develop into a Phil Collins, pop star type of person.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 19 2005, 11:35 AM)
Oh, he probably is a talented musician. I've never heard any of their music or know anything about the band.

I didn't know whether or not he was the type to develop into a Phil Collins, pop star type of person.

I hope to f**k he doesn't turn into a Phil Collins

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 19 2005, 11:59 AM)
This is what's going to happen to Silverchair... I just hope they put out a few more albums like "Diorama" before it happens...

(Actually on topic:) I've never heard of Tea Party until now... are they not very popular in the States?

THey weren't exactly main stream pop here.

Like Rush, they are more for the intellectual listener/musician I think.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Oct 19 2005, 02:01 PM)
This is what's going to happen to Silverchair... I just hope they put out a few more albums like "Diorama" before it happens...

(Actually on topic:) I've never heard of Tea Party until now... are they not very popular in the States?

Ah... well, they sound interesting. And buying CD's that I've never heard is fun... to me at least. So maybe I'll try and find an album.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 19 2005, 12:03 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Oct 19 2005, 02:01 PM)

Ah... well, they sound interesting. And buying CD's that I've never heard is fun... to me at least. So maybe I'll try and find an album.

Their first two albums are the best IMO

Ye these guys are a great trio...too bad they're breaking up sad.gif

I clearly remember the first time I saw them live...in a bar in North Bay on the very night the Blue Jays won their 2nd World Series in 1993 1022.gif

My fav song is The River from the first album...dweez is right the first 2 albums are the best ones yes.gif cool10.gif

Archived