I Saw THE WHO Last Night After Roger Daltry And The Band Had 12 Days Off!! HOLY SHIT! CHASE CENTER! EPIC EMINENCE FRONT!! LOL! PETE IS GOD!

RUSHHEAD666

What did they play, Earl?

They played a lot of "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia" with the orchestra. I thought the orchestra with Pete and Roger blew that Clockwork Angels symphony away!!

They played two new songs that were meh. Otherwise an awesome show!!!

I just heard that OZZY had to cancel some 2020 shows already. Not looking too good for the Prince Of Darkness.

I really think Pete Townshend shoul get Simon Philips back and record a new studio solo album and tour. Pete is amazing.

You know, when I saw them back in 1974 at MSG which was the last show of the Quadrophenia tour, those songs sounded awful. But today, with all the technology we now have and bands traveling with orchestras, I bet the songs sound phenomenal.

No frigging way!!!! You saw them in 1974!!! You are a lucky ducky too!!! The sound was bad????? Even with Pete being an audiophile back then??????

The sound was incredible and the acoustics were awesome at the new Chase Center. Again, my only complaint was that Zak had Roland fake cymbals on his gold Keith Moon replica kit.

The songs from Quadrophenia didn't translate well back then in concert. Today with all the triggers and other things, it would be different.

But, yes. I saw The Who with Moonie and even was treated to Pete doing a somersault across the stage towards the end of Won't Get Fooled Again.

Those were the days! :)

Lucky girl!

Love ya!

• Like 1

Townshend is my rock God but I had to pass on this tour. I've seen them many, many times but the last tour ( 2016 ) was boring to me. I'd see Townshend solo though. Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

They did The Rock?

I would have been in 7th Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/AGxFvswt2hM

I just took Zoe out to the Yard House and we had very tall beers! She's home this weekend from college. She rocks! I am listening to "Quadrophenia" as I type. It's a perfect masterpiece.

Pete Townshend is a GOD!!!!!

It is a masterpiece. I would love to ask Pete how he wrote it.

• Like 1

Townshend is my rock God but I had to pass on this tour. I've seen them many, many times but the last tour ( 2016 ) was boring to me. I'd see Townshend solo though.

I would die if Pete hired Simon Phillips again to make a solo record. Hoping everyday!

They did The Rock?

I just took Zoe out to the Yard House and we had very tall beers! She's home this weekend from college. She rocks! I am listening to "Quadrophenia" as I type. It's a perfect masterpiece.

It truly is. I wish I could hang out with Pete all day! It would be incredible to pick his brain. Genius.

• Like 1

They did The Rock?

It truly is. I wish I could hang out with Pete all day! It would be incredible to pick his brain. Genius.

He is a musical genius. How does a brain create songs like that?

You have talent, so you would know, but someone like myself who doesn't have any musical talent, I am in awe of anyone that can create such music.

I love Pete's swagger during a live show. The guy has no filter like me. LOL! Says the F WORD all the time and doesn't care. Calling San Francisco "The Land Of The Lunatics" was so spot on! Even my dad was laughing his ass off. Fukking San Francisco. A once beautiful and clean city. Now a toxic toilet dump zone mixed in with the greedy white color world of sports complexes, UCSF campuses and the fuckking millennial power pompous penis building for Salesforce. A giant steel penis in the sky that completely ruined the San Francisco skyline. Another new tall building next to Salesforce is already leaning.

"THE LAND OF THE LUNATICS!"

Signed,

The Realist.........

Pete Townshend

• Like 1

I'm seeing them on Sunday at the Hollywood Bowl. Can't wait!!!!

Oh shoot! Sorry for the spoilers!!! Don't read my posts!!! HAVE FUN!! THEY RULE!!!!

haha! I was very careful to avoid reading spoilers!

I absolutely loved the show last night. I didn't actually realize that Zak was playing an electric kit until about 2/3

through the show. Usually I'm not big on that kind of thing being used so extensively at a gig, but he made them sound

great!!

So many highlights... f**k I was in tears for most of the show. Orch was POWERFUL and rich.

• Like 1

I'm seeing them on Sunday at the Hollywood Bowl. Can't wait!!!!

Oh shoot! Sorry for the spoilers!!! Don't read my posts!!! HAVE FUN!! THEY RULE!!!!

haha! I was very careful to avoid reading spoilers!

I absolutely loved the show last night. I didn't actually realize that Zak was playing an electric kit until about 2/3

through the show. Usually I'm not big on that kind of thing being used so extensively at a gig, but he made them sound

great!!

So many highlights... f**k I was in tears for most of the show. Orch was POWERFUL and rich.

Hahaha! Wow what? I promise you I "Won't Get Fooled Again!" I just thought Zak was using electronic Roland cymbals to accompany the orchestra. His gold drum kit has electronic pads??? I didn't catch that! I had tears in my eyes during a few of the songs too. My dad also!!