Front office shakeups

anagramking

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 24 2006, 05:50 PM)
Also, they are for sale ... I am hoping that Arthur Blank buys them and we can get a larger budget.

You mean old Super Ted is finally selling them? Guess he finally is getting ready for the last curtain call, first giving up Turner Entertainment and New Line to Time Warner, now selling his favorite team.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jan 25 2006, 06:23 AM)
QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 24 2006, 05:50 PM)
Also, they are for sale ... I am hoping that Arthur Blank buys them and we can get a larger budget.

You mean old Super Ted is finally selling them? Guess he finally is getting ready for the last curtain call, first giving up Turner Entertainment and New Line to Time Warner, now selling his favorite team.

Actually, when Ted sold his TV stations to Time Warner, the Braves were included in all of that. So Time Warner is really in charge right now. I remember reading that he did want the Braves back again, but apparently that's not going to happen.

There's a good synergy to be had if you own the team and a TV station, because instead of merely getting paid for the rights to carry your team's game, you get to collect the ad revenue instead, which pays even more. The Chicago Tribune has this arrangement with the Cubs, also. The beauty of it for them is that they collect the TV ad revenue, then the accounting for this money stays with the TV station, and not the team. So the team is then better able to cry poor, even though the Tribune as a whole is making an absolute killing.

Archived