For Boots! Time To Reboot! My Fine Ass Nine Blues Rock Trio Bands Of All Time! Yes That Rhymed! Get In Line! Pick Yer Fave! CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE!

RUSHHEAD666

Wine Is Fine But Whiskey's Quicker! My 9 Favorite Blues Rock Three Piece Bands! Could Rory Gallagher Win?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. I know most of you on here are educated and intellectual. Please choose your all time favorite blues rock trio..... If I forgot a few, let me know....

• Beck, Bogert, Appice
    • Cream
    • Eric Johnson
    • Grand Funk
    • James Gang
    • Jimi Hendrix Experience
    • Stevie Ray Vaughan And Double Trouble
    • Taste
    • ZZ Top
    • Johnny Winter!
    • Other?

Great poll Earl, but had to vote "other"

MOUNTAIN!

Leslie Wests guitar tone and voice rule, and Felix Pappalardi (RIP) was one of the best bassist/vocalists ever.

Yes!! I know! Mountain went through my head. I thought they were more heavy rock. But true, West has the blues too.

MOUNTAIN!

Leslie Wests guitar tone and voice rule, and Felix Pappalardi (RIP) was one of the best bassist/vocalists ever.

And Canada's own Corky Laing kicking ass on drums.

But weren't they a quartet? Steve Knight (?) on keys, at least on the first few albums. Maybe he quit after too many hour-long versions of Nantucket Sleighride!

No keys on the track, my fave Mountain tune (dear lord, that bass sound!) and some sweet double-bass drumming!

Hendrix and Mitch Mitchell and whoever on bass still gets my vote. Cream are pretty close, but not as exciting to my ear.

Edited by vaportrailer
  • Like 2

MOUNTAIN!

And Canada's own Corky Laing kicking ass on drums.

But weren't they a quartet? Steve Knight (?) on keys, at least on the first few albums. Maybe he quit after too many hour-long versions of Nantucket Sleighride!

Interesting.

Like I posted last night I think Grand Funk was a three piece. But then Grand Funk Railroad was a four piece.

Several bands did this.

Even SRV for goodness sakes!

I love "Soul To Soul' and "In Step" but I still wish they didn't add keys and sax.

Now I know why I don't waste my time on here anymore. Yawn Of The Dead. Boots is right.

This has always been a heavy East Coast Forum.

Blah Blah Blah......

Alex Lifeson

Dunno about the U.S., but the east coast of Canada, where I grew up, f***ing rocks.

Trailer Park Boys! April Wine! Stompin' Tom! Anne f***in Murray! :LOL:

Love ZZ Top... the first song I ever played on stage was Tush at an open mic night. Think I'm gonna grab my copy of Rio Grande Mud to take to work today.

However, I'm gonna hand it to the boys from Flint. Big, loud, and clunky as a '71 Ford Galaxie with a blown muffler.

GFR!

• Like 1

Love ZZ Top... the first song I ever played on stage was Tush at an open mic night. Think I'm gonna grab my copy of Rio Grande Mud to take to work today.

However, I'm gonna hand it to the boys from Flint. Big, loud, and clunky as a '71 Ford Galaxie with a blown muffler.

GFR!

OZZY!

You have always been amazing!

"Rio Grande Mud" is a masterpiece!

CRANK IT!!!

GRAND FUNK FUCCKIN RULES!

• Like 1