Smallville

Riv

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how much they paid that chick to shave her head? That was a cool scene. The episode wasn't all that good though overall. Not one of my faves anyway. I like how they are having Clark worry about how his powers could be a problem in normal relationship encounters like sex. They never touched on that in the comics i don't think. Something I always found funny since comics have gotten much more mature. I mean, there's gotta be reasons the Invisible Woman stays with Reed Richards, right? laugh.gif I doubt he coined the name Mr. Fantastic just cuz he can stretch his ARMS. wink.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 17 2006, 06:21 PM)
I wonder how much they paid that chick to shave her head? That was a cool scene. The episode wasn't all that good though overall. Not one of my faves anyway. I like how they are having Clark worry about how his powers could be a problem in normal relationship encounters like sex. They never touched on that in the comics i don't think. Something I always found funny since comics have gotten much more mature. I mean, there's gotta be reasons the Invisible Woman stays with Reed Richards, right? laugh.gif I doubt he coined the name Mr. Fantastic just cuz he can stretch his ARMS. wink.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Jan 17 2006, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 17 2006, 06:21 PM)
I wonder how much they paid that chick to shave her head?  That was a cool scene.  The episode wasn't all that good though overall.  Not one of my faves anyway.  I like how they are having Clark worry about how his powers could be a problem in normal relationship encounters like sex.  They never touched on that in the comics i don't think.  Something I always found funny since comics have gotten much more mature.  I mean, there's gotta be reasons the Invisible Woman stays with Reed Richards, right?  laugh.gif  I doubt he coined the name Mr. Fantastic just cuz he can stretch his ARMS.  wink.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

doh.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Yeah, Lex dodged a bullet... well not quite, but he made it out alive anyway, but that doesn't mean it still won't be him that dies. Here's my full basis for this speculation. Silver age comic Lex blamed Superboy for the loss of his hair when in an attempt to save Lex from a burning laboratory he used his superbreath to extinquish the flames. In doing so, chemical fumes made Lex's hair fall out and THAT made him hate superboy and later superman. Now in more recent comic action, Lex was brought back from the dead (as all good comic characters experience at least once) and resumed his evil ways and is now the President of the United States of DC comics. laugh.gif Anyway, Smallville has continually combined different stages of Superman mythos and continuity while also creating it's own legend. I think they have to explain Lex going totally over the deep end into super evil genius status and that will be his death as the result of something Clark does. When he "returns" he will be fueled by rage and hatred for Clark. That's my story and i'm sticking to it. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 20 2006, 05:44 PM)
Yeah, Lex dodged a bullet... well not quite, but he made it out alive anyway, but that doesn't mean it still won't be him that dies.  Here's my full basis for this speculation.  Silver age comic Lex blamed Superboy for the loss of his hair when in an attempt to save Lex from a burning laboratory he used his superbreath to extinquish the flames.  In doing so, chemical fumes made Lex's hair fall out and THAT made him hate superboy and later superman.  Now in more recent comic action, Lex was brought back from the dead (as all good comic characters experience at least once) and resumed his evil ways and is now the President of the United States of DC comics.  laugh.gif  Anyway, Smallville has continually combined different stages of Superman mythos and continuity while also creating it's own legend.  I think they have to explain Lex going totally over the deep end into super evil genius status and that will be his death as the result of something Clark does.  When he "returns" he will be fueled by rage and hatred for Clark.  That's my story and i'm sticking to it.  tongue.gif

Never read the comics, so that is interesting.

I hope your wrong and Lana dies. lol Maybe, Lex will blame Clark for her death and that turns Lex evil wink.gif

Edited by freewill71

I think it is going to be Lana who Dies.

This will force Clark to stop telling every other person he meets about his Powers.

Besides it has to be someone he loves and unless I have missed something Lex and Clark aren't on the best of terms.

True... they aren't on the best of terms, but he was his best friend, so there's got to be some kind of feeling there. There's still a few episodes to go, so he may grow close to Lex again now that he knows how important Lex was in saving Lana's life. Lex is having a small change of heart since the xmas episode, so maybe their friendship will be restored before Lex's death. The main image i can't shake is on the commercial when they show Clark dropping soil on the casket, he doesn't seem as broken up as he would if it were one of his parents or lana or chloe. Y'know? And too many years of comic insiderism has me leaning to it being Lex. I doubt they would kill off one of the three main loves of Superman's life. Besides, they wouldn't want Clark to fall for Lois just because Lana is dead, y'know?

Though... you have a great point about him not telling everyone his secrets. Maybe he tells Lana and somehow that leads to her death and then Clark refrains from ever telling again, and leads to the dual personality of Clark/Superman. Hmmmm. So many possibilities. I love this stuff. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

sad.gif

Who says superhero stories can't be good. Smallville is AWESOME. Yeah, they didn't go with MY way of who to kill off, but they took the silver age storyline and re-told it in a new, heartbreaking way. It will be sad to see "that durn duke" boy off the show, but i'm sure they'll work ways to have him come back. All in all, a very exciting and heartfilled episode. trink39.gif to the cast and crew AND writers of SMALLVILLE for an hour of TV at its best.

Now, who's the chick in the mask gonna be? From the preview, she seems very vigilantish, so she could be Helena Bertinelli (HUNTRESS in the comics, not in the TV show Birds of Prey). THAT would be cool. That's gonna be my guess. And as we know... i've been wrong before. laugh.gif

I was thinking the same thing Necro goodpost.gif

At first I was thinking if they do this as a Dream ala Dallas it would be a huge let down. But they handled it very well .

How about Chloe's what you do turn the world backwards line?

I really want to know what that picture was that Lionel had It must have been of Clark doing something???

What about Lex and Lana getting together?

Next week should be another good one.

QUOTE (Batman @ Jan 27 2006, 06:44 AM)
I was thinking the same thing Necro goodpost.gif

At first I was thinking if they do this as a Dream ala Dallas it would be a huge let down. But they handled it very well .
How about Chloe's what you do turn the world backwards line?
I really want to know what that picture was that Lionel had It must have been of Clark doing something???

What about Lex and Lana getting together?

Next week should be another good one.

Chloe's line was priceless. I was dying at that. Well, i was wrong again as to the identity of the female vigilante. She was just a created meteor freak, BUT did you notice the Batman type music all the time? The whole show seemed to reference Bats throughout the night, and coincidentally... here i am replying to... BATMAN. Hmmmmmm... is this a plot? confused13.gif

Chloe had another great line. Do you think you could do the glasses wearing reporter by day, crimefighter by night thing? It wasn't nearly as funny as the turning the world back line from last week, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Did you notice Clark getting behind that girl's desk and seeming to get the feel of it? I thought that was cool. The end was very touching. I can't help but think this is tv at its best. Of course, i'm a comic geek, so i love it, but they really do a great job here. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Nov 5 2006, 07:36 AM)
bumper.gif yes.gif

This season is turning out to be the best yet.
Is anyone watching it??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/batman2112/TheS.jpg

YES!!! Most definitely. Loving it too. The trademark S shield has finally arrived, and they also mentioned the blanket (which winds up being the cape). I can't wait to see where this show goes. It's got plenty of punch left in it, so they're going to have to bring out the suit eventually. yes.gif