"Imagine" If You Will..... A RUSH 2017 Charity Event First Place Winner! You Win It With Your Pledge! A Dinner With RUSH! What Would You Ask Them?

RUSHHEAD666

I would be calm and collected and ask a few probing questions:Alex-Whats your golf handicap?Neil-What was your best fuel consumption on your bike between gigs?Geddy-Why baseball?Crickets better.Collectively asked-Why didn't you bastards come to Australia?Anyway can you please sign this Van Halen record.Ta,thanks.

Neil wouldn't be there.Yes he would.Earl SAID he would.Otherwise i am not going. :gumby: :sigh: :gumby:

I would bring my original copy of Vapor Trails and ask Geddy for my money back.

Hahaha! No wonder I love you Tony! You son of a gun! Classic! Hopefully I will be able to fly out and meet you for dinner and drinks! We can swap stories about Rush in reality.

Cheers amigo!

id probably talk to Geddy about fantasy baseball

I have an amazing well not so great story about that.

Years ago one of my buddies was in a fantasy league with Geddy Lee.

I am an A's season ticket holder and I get a skybox once a year.

I had my buddy invite Geddy to my Skybox for a Blue Jay game in Oakland. I even offered my MVP seats to Geddy and a guest for the next day game. Geddy could have made a weekend out of it.

Geddy was nice enough to thank me for the invite through my friend. He politely declined. He was busy working on "Snakes And Arrows" I believe.

True story.

I think I mentioned this story on here years ago.

Everything RUSH in my life has been documented on here somewhere. "ARCHIVES." Just like the Rush record!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

I'd start the questions based on the wine and meal I'm having and try to let the conversation flow naturally from there. I'd try to just be me, a dude not a :rush: fan. It would be the best way for them to enjoy my company, I'm already sporting metaphorical wood.

"The Trees"

I would have to think about what I would like to talk to them about. There's so much and it will be hard not to be a bit intimidated or embarrassed to ask them anything personal.

Just think about how cool it would be though! There is no time limit with the dinner. It could go on for hours and hours into the night. I love your honesty Moon, but wouldn't it be wonderful to hang out with them.

For some reason I don't find them intimidating. Perhaps at first, but once the beer or wine flows like the "Fountain Of Lamneth" it would be amazing and FUN! Many think Neil is a dick, many think he is a great guy with a wonderful sense of humor.

Hell I met Neil by fate, by luck, by nothingness and it wasn't a wonderful experience. It was Neil as Neil can be portrayed. However as negative as it may seem, I wouldn't change a thing. I met that son of a gun. We were like deers in headlights. Like a Mexican standoff in a Tarantino flick. It was incredible. It wasn't negative. I was a stranger in his space. Damnit though, as a drummer influenced by him for must of my life, I just wanted to tell him I was a drummer! So if I was able to have dinner with the boys, you know I would talk to Neil about that moment I had with him in Concord Ca on the "Vapor Trails" Tour! Kills me to this very day.

Such a cliche. "I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend."

Life goes on. We are all blessed and cursed yet always hoping good always overpowers the darkness.

I would have a ball with the boys as you know I am an energetic extrovert! Please leave that EGOSIT crap at the door. "Exit Stage Left" that shit. LOL!

RUSH is my band. Like all of yours, or like most of yours. There are humans on here who state that RUSH is not their number one band. It's your right.

I would love to hang out with my band.

I had one chance in my life to talk to Neil by his bus, and I blew it.

Alas I gave him his space and walked away.

Life goes on......

I would certainly bring up the mythical Caress Of Steel headlining shows. Did they play Fountain Of Lamneth live or not (and which parts)?

As a Deadhead, I would also ask which Grateful Dead songs they played live in their early days (I recall in interview somewhere where it was mentioned that they used to play some Dead tunes in their bar days).

Wait! I'm a RUSHHEAD! LOL!

I would be calm and collected and ask a few probing questions:Alex-Whats your golf handicap?Neil-What was your best fuel consumption on your bike between gigs?Geddy-Why baseball?Crickets better.Collectively asked-Why didn't you bastards come to Australia?Anyway can you please sign this Van Halen record.Ta,thanks.

Neil wouldn't be there.

I get it 1972. I just wrote about my first Neil encounter. It sucks. But it's him.

I think in a private atmosphere with Ged and Al he would open up to a stranger.

It's all hypothetical anyway but I think Neil would show up for a guy or gal who would spend good money for a great charity cause.

I'm that kind of a guy.

I actually a bid on a charity event for Neil sticks. Child Advocates. Texas I think. It's been so many years, but yes, I won like third prize.

It's not about the sticks, it's about helping out kids.

I get it.

This thread is just fake, but I love sharing my real self on here.

RUSH FOREVER.

I will listen to RUSH and play my drums to RUSH until my human body stops working.

If Tony Bennett can still sing like a charismatic crooner well anything is possible.

Just saying!

I know I'm a loud mouthed typing fool, but RUSH is it for me.

My love for RUSH didn't help my marriage. Although a small percentage of why my divorce happened, I can't deny it.

Taking my ex wife around North America for 20 years to see RUSH probably didn't help.

The good news is I still have my awesome daughters. RUSH music, my drums and my friends. Many of you are on here.

I think I'd be most interested in knowing how Charlene and Nancy managed to stay with Alex and Geddy for so many decades.

Hahaha!!! Lorraine! I am hitting the hay! But your comment strikes me funny before bed.

Don't worry, I am not sad or mad.

I'm obviously not over my ex wife.

She spent two decades with me seeing RUSH.

She had enough and we grew apart.

Geddy and Alex are lucky they still have their life partners. I wanted to be married forever. It failed.

At least my awesome parents are still happy together. 55 years!

It can be done. it's just rare I guess.

It does make me bummed that I failed. We failed.

I have my girls.

I will never marry again.