I have a brand new 'Caress of Steel' vinyl reissue for trade...

latheofheaven

Hello!

Well, I went ahead and ordered (from Amazon - they sent it in a nice, big protected box) the reissue of this album. It is brand new; I only just now opened it and played part of Bastille Day. I don't really care for this particular mix as compared to my other pressings of it. I have NO idea at all it is is okay to mention trading albums here; so, if it isn't, please by all means let me know.

Sooooo... I don't quite know what to do with it. I paid about $26 for it at Amazon, which is pretty normal and what anyone would basically pay for it new & sealed. I was thinking that if anyone here would want it, that perhaps if anyone happened to have a duplicate pressing of, say, 'AFTK', or 'Moving Pictures', for example, where it is in like Near Mint condition (since mine is brand new) but of course nothing that would be extremely valuable or expensive, but maybe a UK, Japanese, or German pressing in excellent or better condition (don't care quite as much about the condition of the cover, necessarily...) But, something that would be a nice upgrade for me for another U.S. Rush pressing that I have, or even perhaps a UK or Japanese or German pressing of another group that is in excellent or better shape where you would have either another pressing that you like more or where you have duplicate pressings and can part with one in trade for this one (King Crimson would be nice, for example - would LOVE a nice Import pressing of 'Discipline')

So, I thought I'd throw that out here to see what you guys think. Any suggestions of course are fully welcome.

Thanks guys!

Your best bet is probably to make an account and list it here: https://www.discogs.com/Rush-Caress-Of-Steel/release/6705408 for sale. Most of the ones listed are NEW for just over $20 + shipping. I would try to undercut the lowest price by a couple of dollars and just take the small loss. I would think that It is going to be a little difficult to get someone who wants to buy or trade for an album that is so easily purchased NEW for about $20.

U can't trade official releases here, only bootlegs. Sorry, that's what 73 said, but yeah u can go on like Discogs or something and try there.

That is meant for digital files, silly. You can trade any physical item you want. Trading files is different because you don't give away your file when you trade, you make a copy. So in essence two people could each buy half the RUSH catalogue from HERE: https://us.7digital....ist/rush/albums and trade their half for the other and thereby get the whole catalogue at half the price. If you take this to its logical end one could buy the whole RUSH studio album catalogue as digital files for the price of one album if they are in a trading group with 19 others who make sure to buy a different album. When you trade physical media such as vinyl and CDs you are essentially losing something from your stock and replacing it with something else. Yes, it is true that with computers you can rip CDs and even record vinyl, but this presumes that the physical piece of media holds no value in itself. Despite the fact that many people now believe that, we have only to look at ebay and Discogs to know that is not true.

Also, on a side note, can someone tell me why simple html code doesn't work on this board and if it does, what am I missing?!?! I kept trying to make HERE (for example) be an active link for https://us.7digital....ist/rush/albums so people wouldn't have to read the URL, but for some reason the board refuses to cooperate. Below is an example of the html code I was trying to use.

<a href="https://us.7digital....t/rush/albums"> HERE (for example)</a>

Edited by diatribein

He can trade official releases just not on The Rush Fourm, he would have to do that on another website is what I ment.

Again, he can trade physical RUSH official releases on this forum or any other, although at some point if that is all he's doing the moderators may regard it as spam. What is written here: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/forum/4-different-stages/ "NO trading of commercially available material will be tolerated" is in regard to DIGITAL files. Tell me you understand the difference, please.

Hmmm... well sorry guys if I wasn't supposed to do this. Just figured that since this is a RUSH forum, that maybe someone here would want it. I have no use for it, so I thought if someone wanted it for their collection and wanted to trade something. I wasn't really trying to 'Sell' it here, just offered it if anyone wanted it. I have no interest in making a 'Profit' on it, thus my offer to trade.

If someone has, say, a duplicate of a pressing that I may want, and they happen to want this one, then I thought that way we can both get something that we want and don't have, that's all. Just seemed logical and practical. I've always been one to 'Trade' movies, Blu-rays, albums, whatever. Never really been interested in selling albums.

Again, my humble apologies. Probably won't ever come up again :)

Edited by latheofheaven

Hello!

Well, I went ahead and ordered (from Amazon - they sent it in a nice, big protected box) the reissue of this album. It is brand new; I only just now opened it and played part of Bastille Day. I don't really care for this particular mix as compared to my other pressings of it. I have NO idea at all it is is okay to mention trading albums here; so, if it isn't, please by all means let me know.

Sooooo... I don't quite know what to do with it. I paid about $26 for it at Amazon, which is pretty normal and what anyone would basically pay for it new & sealed. I was thinking that if anyone here would want it, that perhaps if anyone happened to have a duplicate pressing of, say, 'AFTK', or 'Moving Pictures', for example, where it is in like Near Mint condition (since mine is brand new) but of course nothing that would be extremely valuable or expensive, but maybe a UK, Japanese, or German pressing in excellent or better condition (don't care quite as much about the condition of the cover, necessarily...) But, something that would be a nice upgrade for me for another U.S. Rush pressing that I have, or even perhaps a UK or Japanese or German pressing of another group that is in excellent or better shape where you would have either another pressing that you like more or where you have duplicate pressings and can part with one in trade for this one (King Crimson would be nice, for example - would LOVE a nice Import pressing of 'Discipline')

So, I thought I'd throw that out here to see what you guys think. Any suggestions of course are fully welcome.

Thanks guys!

I might be up for a trade. I don't have that 2015 yet. Not sure I'd want to swap an import pressing for it though. You like 45s?