"Crises" By Mike Oldfield Is a Progressive Rock Pop Masterpiece! Jon Anderson! Simon Phllips! Super Deluxe Box Set! A Gem!

RUSHHEAD666

I know there have been a few Mike Oldfield threads on here over the years and to be honest, besides "Tubular Bells" I never got into his other work.

Well that is until last night!

I was surfing the net for Simon Phillips albums and I accidentally stumbled on 1983's "Crises" record featuring Simon Phillips on drums!

I instantly but the deluxe version on my phone and fell in love at first listen.

The opening title track is 20 minutes long! Epic! PROG!

The second track is called "Moonlight Shadow." An enchanting pop song with wonderful female vocals. Reminds me of Blackmore's Night or my close friend's project the Wishing Well featuring Steven Rothery on guitar. My buddy Paul Craddick on drums and his beautiful wife Hannah on vocals.

Up next is "In High Places" featuring Jon Anderson on vocals!

"Foreign Affair" is yet another melodic pop masterpiece in my mind. Redundant yet beautiful.

"Taurus 3" is another excellent instrumental piece which is totally proggy.

The last track is called "Shadow On The Wall." Another poppy prog track that is most excellent.

Then on the deluxe version there are so many cool unplugged versions. There is also a live concert which features Oldfield and his killer band at Wembley. Simon Phillips on drums! Oh man! HE RULES!

The four disc box set come with two bonus dvds!! It's very rare and VERY expensive on eBay.

There is a used box set going for 699 USD. Ridiculous!!

Just get the cheap two disc version or put it on your Apple account for free.

This album is stunning and I can't believe I have never heard this until now!

• Like 3

I remember Moonlight Shadow it was a big hit single in the UK and Europe back in 1983.

I'm sure amigo! It's so catchy! I can't believe I have never heard of this album until last night!

Music is an endless spectrum no matter how hard you try to be a compact disc completist!

• Like 1

Earl, spot-on, the Crises box is absolutely stunning. Have you ever heard the Viareggio 1984 soundboard bootleg, with Simon Phillips on drums? They play a fantastic version of Crises there. Running time 21.12 minutes. :haz:

Signed

The watcher and the tower

• Like 2

I remember Moonlight Shadow it was a big hit single in the UK and Europe back in 1983.

I'm sure amigo! It's so catchy! I can't believe I have never heard of this album until last night!

Music is an endless spectrum no matter how hard you try to be a compact disc completist!

Aye, there's always seems to be something that you missed first time around.

• Like 1

Earl, spot-on, the Crises box is absolutely stunning. Have you ever heard the Viareggio 1984 soundboard bootleg, with Simon Phillips on drums? They play a fantastic version of Crises there. Running time 21.12 minutes. :haz:

Signed

The watcher and the tower

Holy shit my friend!! I do not have this bootleg! Can I find it on cd??? I must have it!! UGH! nice 21.12 time.

Dude! What am I to do? Thank you for appreciating my excitation about old and new music discoveries. Sometimes I feel like I waste a lot of 73's bandwidth.

Most on here only give a shit about a RUSH REUNION, yet I am the one with a closed musical mind.

Oh what irony!!

Anyway, thank you! I can't get enough of this album. OMG I have a box set coming!!! I had to get it.

I am a drummer and shitty guitarist but I just played my Ovation to "Moonlight Shadow." Nailed it for being a hack.

That song is amazing. Almost makes me cry and I can't believe it came out in 1983.

I admit I was never a big Oldfield fan but as a Simon Phillips addict, I am surprised this went unnoticed to my ears and eyes.

Cheers amigo!

Love ya!

Warriors will lose four in a row.......

Aye, there's always seems to be something that you missed first time around.

I know Pat. It kills me.

I think you and I know our shit. Yet stuff slips by.

It could be like meeting a woman for the first time.

She could be the love of your life or a lifetime stranger.

You never know about what life has in store for any of us.

Music is my Religion and the ocean is my spirit guide.

A woman is a bonus on this Earth.

I will live alone for the rest of my life if need be.

I have my beautiful girls.

My wonderful family and friends like you.

I have a thriving business and I was able to keep my California real estate.

I am loving it.

Remember Pat....

"Single For Live, Half Way To Death"

A motto I created for Lemmy.

Signed,

"ORGASMATRON"

Thank God for my right hand.

• Like 1

Warriors will lose the next three games.

Earl, don't say that !!!

The series is over Monday night

Guarantee it !!

I love your optimism Lucas but after last year I can see this happening.

Everyone will make money and the Warriors will be the goat.

Love,

Steve Bartman

Crises is magnificent. The title track is astonishing. His best long form track since Incantations, IMHO.

Oh my friend! My Japanese cd pressing came yesterday. I can't pull this disc out of my stereo. It truly is a masterpiece. For my ears it's a PERFECT record.

I feel sorry for some humans on here who don't believe in perfect music. Oh well that's life.

Has nothing to do with me.

Oldfield hit a grand slam with this magnificent masterpiece.

I have got a number of Mike Oldfield albums, but this one has passed me by. I shall have to give it a listen. Thanks for the recommendation Rushhead.

I have got a number of Mike Oldfield albums, but this one has passed me by. I shall have to give it a listen. Thanks for the recommendation Rushhead.

You are welcome my friend! I have no idea how this passed me by too! I know you will love it!!!

Earl

• Like 1