May 14, 2002

ytserush

Love this album. Not every track is a winner, but overall it's intense, it rocks and I enjoy the remix, if only because it doesn't hurt my head when I listen like the original mix did. OLV, Ceiling Unlimited, How it Is, VT, ST, Earthshine ... good stuff.
  • Like 1

Vapor Trails hit me on a spiritual level & it sounded really fresh to me when it came out. I love that crunchy guitar sound & Ghost Rider is a great song. To bad the new mix was done without even listening to what was good about the old one...

But there wasn't anything "good" to listen to in the old mix.

To me almost all the songs were more alive in the old mix. Sure the mix was a hot brick, but at the same time the songs were a lot more vibrant than in the new mix. If I remember correctly the new mix sounds thin and uninspired.

To each his own

What is it with the bass drum on the remix? It's way up front and sounds like an explosion of tent farts.

At last someone else who thinks.. What the hell was he thinking? The worst recorded drum sound ever.. Sounds like it was recorded through a sm58 in someone's garage!

• Like 1

Vapor Trails hit me on a spiritual level & it sounded really fresh to me when it came out. I love that crunchy guitar sound & Ghost Rider is a great song. To bad the new mix was done without even listening to what was good about the old one...

But there wasn't anything "good" to listen to in the old mix.

To me almost all the songs were more alive in the old mix. Sure the mix was a hot brick, but at the same time the songs were a lot more vibrant than in the new mix. If I remember correctly the new mix sounds thin and uninspired.

Agree, though sonically flawed, the energy and anger vanished on the remix.. Replaced by a mass of clicking bass drum!

• Like 3

I rather celebrate the release date of the remix.

I don't even know when that was. Must have wiped it from memory.

September 27, 2013 I believe is the date you are looking for. We still have a few months, but it seems unfair that Vapor Trails should get two anniversaries a year!

• Like 1

I rather celebrate the release date of the remix.

I don't even know when that was. Must have wiped it from memory.

September 27, 2013 I believe is the date you are looking for. We still have a few months, but it seems unfair that Vapor Trails should get two anniversaries a year!

Thanks. Should try and remember that. Got the vinyl (never opened it) and the CD the day it came out but I guess I must have decided that wasn't important!