Help....Alex guitar effects

seveertrebor

This may help. I posted a lot of his effects before and he changed quite a bit over the years so it depends on which era you are looking to simulate.

Alex's gear list

Welcome to the board!!! 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by Indica

A good chorus is mandatory.

A good rack mount multi effects unit can get you close. A TC Electronic G-major ha sa lot of the fx you need.

I have an Alesis MidiverbIII for sale on Ebay right now that you may be interested in. Delay, reverb, chorus, or flange for $75. I also have a 120W Vox Valvetronix head for sale on there. It gets very close to alot of Alex's sounds and I have several Rush patches programmed into it right now. PM me if you're interested.

In other news, I just bought a Hughes & Kettner Zentera head. It gets delivered tomorrow. I can hardly wait!

QUOTE (hentorstrat @ Sep 15 2005, 05:22 PM)
I used a Roland GP-8 and then a GP-16 for about four years in Hemispheres. It served me well. Those are easily obtainable from ebay for around $100. The T.C G Major is what I use now. That goes for around $350 used.

I used the Roland GP-100 preamp/processor for years(still have one), you can get a lot of sounds from them that's for sure. The tube emulators can get you some good patches. It took some time but I could get almost any sound I was looking for in most cases.

Edited by Indica