I think Clockwork Angels will most likely have...

Tarkus406

Looking at the digital booklet for the singles, it looks like the first two symbols on that clock correspond to Caravan and BU2B.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e177/lerxt1990/lyrics.jpg

And the way they said "Parts One and Two of CLOCKWORK ANGELS" makes me think each of those symbols are a different part. So there ya go, 12 songs smile.gif

I agree. I also wonder why they chose these particular symbols. The symbol next to BU2B stands for black sulphur, or brimstone, which does seem to have an association with the lyrics. I'm not sure what the Caravan symbol is, but it is similar to another symbol for summer. I'm guessing this partly because the symbol at 4-o'clock stands for winter. It looks like 7 is Aquarius, 9 is Neptune and 11 is the element of earth. I might look up the others later.

It is interesting to think that they might have arranged the track listing before they wrote the songs. I don't understand why they chose these symbols in this sequence though. We probably won't know until the album comes out, which based on the cover should be at Mercury-o'clock. Sharp!

By the way, if Caravan is part 1 of Clockwork Angels and BU2B is part 2, then why are their related symbols located at twelve and one on the clock? Shouldn't they be at 1 and 2 instead?

QUOTE (Zate @ Jun 1 2010, 12:49 AM)
I agree. I also wonder why they chose these particular symbols. The symbol next to BU2B stands for black sulphur, or brimstone, which does seem to have an association with the lyrics. I'm not sure what the Caravan symbol is, but it is similar to another symbol for summer. I'm guessing this partly because the symbol at 4-o'clock stands for winter. It looks like 7 is Aquarius, 9 is Neptune and 11 is the element of earth. I might look up the others later.

It is interesting to think that they might have arranged the track listing before they wrote the songs. I don't understand why they chose these symbols in this sequence though. We probably won't know until the album comes out, which based on the cover should be at Mercury-o'clock. Sharp!

By the way, if Caravan is part 1 of Clockwork Angels and BU2B is part 2, then why are their related symbols located at twelve and one on the clock? Shouldn't they be at 1 and 2 instead?

Well technically the first hour of the day is 12:00, so it makes sense for the album to start in the 12 position.

Or those symbols were just placed there in the artwork, and the symbols are not actually tied to the songs, and there could be more or less than 12 songs.

Thats what my money is on because why would you come up with symbols before the songs are even written? What if they decide to make a 10 minute song, then you cant have 12. Seems like you're limiting yourself saying you have to make 12 songs, terrible way to have to put an album together. It should just flow out and whatever it ends up being it what it is.

Archived