Downgrading iOS 7

USB Connector

Anyone have experience with this? I've done a ton of google searching and I can't find a guide on how to downgrade back to 5.1.1 without SHSH blobs on any other firmware than the initial release of iOS7.

It's a shot in the dark, but my phone has taken quite the performance hit from the firmware upgrade and it's quite sickening that I can't go back to an older firmware any more. I used to be shift+click and I could go back to any valid firmware.

I think the only way is to take it back to factory settings and then start from scratch again?

I could do that...but then it would still be iOS7....

Unfortunately, once Apple stops digitally signing different iOS (and even OSX) versions to developers and the public, it's gone forever. I guess you could try Google and see if you can find anything. What I suggest is trying to find iOS 7.0.0 to iOS 7.0.6, as those were relatively stable (7.0.6 more so as it was the last update to 7.0 for the more important security bugs).

Unfortunately, once Apple stops digitally signing different iOS (and even OSX) versions to developers and the public, it's gone forever. I guess you could try Google and see if you can find anything. What I suggest is trying to find iOS 7.0.0 to iOS 7.0.6, as those were relatively stable (7.0.6 more so as it was the last update to 7.0 for the more important security bugs).

That's not true. Up until the final release of iOS 6 it was easy to find an older signed OS and shift click to install it via itunes. You could go from 6.0 to 4.0 if your phone was originally released with it or an earlier os. Now they've disabled that for iOS7 and any older OS gives an error now. This is a shame because I really don't like iOS7 for a number of reasons that aren't the fact that it's made to slow older phones down.