Are the hopes for an R40 tour doomed?

nhlrush

You know who worries me the most out of all of them? Alex. He should keep his weight down. That's a lot of stress, being up there and playing for three hours. Couple that with being overweight - and that puts a lot on the heart. I know he is an avid tennis player (even that worries me with his weight). But he really needs to lose some weight.

I do worry about them. :eyeroll:

Some fans are impossibly critical. Alex is fat?? Compared to whom? Oh man...look around our country. He's in pretty darn GOOD shape for a 60 year old! Moreover, he has the benefits of nutrition, healthcare and lifestyle to live long and well. What the hell?

• Like 1

I think that the main reason they're not going to do it is because they have toured every year since 2007 except for 2009 and their concert attendance figures have gotten smaller as a result: http://www.therushfo...ndance-figures/

Agree that this is a factor. They're nearing the point of oversaturation which is why they're not doing California, Las Vegas, etc. on this leg IMO. Went to Bob Seger (Joe Walsh opened) in Portland last night and the Rose Garden was nearly full for the show IMO because he hasn't been here for like 7-8 years which creates a higher demand. I'm so very pleased the guys have toured a lot the last 5-6 years and I've been able to see them often and of course I go whenever they come nearby. However, the more casual fans will say "I just saw them last year" and skip the tour that's coming that year. With the surge in popularity they experienced the last few years I don't blame them one iota for riding that wave, but it's crested and now is the time to take a couple of years off, rest and re-build demand for seeing them.

• Like 1