Alex's daughter-in-law's case dismissed!

Sweetmiracle

Charge is dismissed in alleged hotel brawl

By DENES HUSTY III

DHUSTY@NEWS-PRESS.COM

Published by news-press.com on April 12, 2005

A charge filed against the daughter-in-law of the lead guitarist of the rock 'n' roll band Rush was dismissed Monday by a local judge.

Michelle Joanne Zivojinovich, 31; her husband, Justin Shawn Zivojinovich, 34; and her father-in-law, Alex Zivojinovich, 51, were charged in connection with an alleged brawl with police at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in North Naples.

At a hearing Monday, Collier County Judge Ramiro Manalich ruled there was insufficient evidence to prosecute Michelle Zivojinovich, of Ontario, Canada, on a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest without violence.

She was scheduled to go to trial today and faced up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine had she been convicted.

Her husband, Justin Shawn Zivojinovich, also of Ontario, and her father-in-law, rock band guitarist Alex Zivojinovich, 51, who has a home in Pelican Bay, are charged with felony counts in the case.

The son is scheduled for trial next Monday, McDonnell said. The son is charged with resisting arrest with violence, a charge that carries a maximum of five years in prison.

"We're ready for trial, McDonnell said.

Alex Zivojinovich, who goes by the stage name Alex Lifeson, is scheduled to go to trial April 27.

He is charged with two counts of battery on police officers. Each charge carries a maximum five-year prison sentence.

The alleged fracas the three were charged with participating in occurred Dec. 31, 2003, at a $650-per-couple gala at the posh hotel.

Father and son are accused of fighting with police after security guards asked that they be removed because they were causing a disturbance, according to case records.

Link

Things are looking even better.... cool.gif

Lack of evidence.....interesting.

If they were depending on the same witnesses for Alex and Justin as they were for Michelle, that could be significant. The other question is did the intervention of the former hotel employee have a bearing on this?.

QUOTE (BackStagePass @ Apr 12 2005, 10:40 AM)
She looks scary  unsure.gif

I think if I saw her coming at me, I would leg it  laugh.gif

The magic of mug shots is that you always look 10x worse in them!! I'd like to see a regular picture of her - hopefully she's really not that scary looking!! But I'm with you, BSP - If I saw her coming, I'd stear clear!!

But it's great to her that her case was dismissed! Hopefully this is a good sign. My thoughts will be with Justin next week, and Alex the week after, as their trials (finally) start!!

It's definitely a start. smile.gif

that's great. now lets see if Big Al can get dismissed as well angel.gif (closest thing i could find to a 'prayer' icon).

Archived