VIP Ticket Confusion...

Scars

Okay, so at exactly 11AM EST I jumped onto Livenation/Ticketmaster and purchased 2 VIP Tickets for the 07/05 Chicago show for $325 a piece (pricey I know). When the tickets come up, me, being as punctual as ever, assumed that I would have the one of the first 1-10 rows without a problem. Wrong! Row Q (which would make the seats row 18) is what I end up with and I figure there must be a heck of lot of Rush fans quicker than I. But then thanks to some searching I come to find that not only does is the VIP package supposed to include a seat between rows 1-15, but that non-VIP tickets in the same section will be going for about 1/3 of that. The sole reason I purchased the damn package (and so early at that) was to get the best possible seats (I really don't need all the extra stuff that comes with the package, I figured "VIP" implied the best possible seats). Should I contact TM and figure out what is going on? I am going to be furious to find out that in a few days when general public tickets go on sale, that 1st row seats will be sold at 1/3 of the price for what I paid for 17 rows behind. Was I wrong to assume the best seats would be available?

The VIP package doesn't mean your tickets are the best. You are paying for all the extras. Many of the seats sold with the VIP package are also available in the other pre sales without the package.

I just bought 3 seats for the show in Seattle in row 10. Afterwards, I checked the VIP package and what was available was further away than what I had just purchased (but 2 1/2 times the cost). I think I would have gotten the same seats I got whether I did the VIP package or not, I just didn't want all the extras.

You should be guaranteed the first 15 rows though, so unless this venue skips some rows it sounds like you may have been hosed.

QUOTE (GoverP @ Apr 13 2010, 05:22 PM)
Okay, so at exactly 11AM EST I jumped onto Livenation/Ticketmaster and purchased 2 VIP Tickets for the 07/05 Chicago show for $325 a piece (pricey I know). When the tickets come up, me, being as punctual as ever, assumed that I would have the one of the first 1-10 rows without a problem. Wrong! Row Q (which would make the seats row 18) is what I end up with and I figure there must be a heck of lot of Rush fans quicker than I. But then thanks to some searching I come to find that not only does is the VIP package supposed to include a seat between rows 1-15, but that non-VIP tickets in the same section will be going for about 1/3 of that. The sole reason I purchased the damn package (and so early at that) was to get the best possible seats (I really don't need all the extra stuff that comes with the package, I figured "VIP" implied the best possible seats). Should I contact TM and figure out what is going on? I am going to be furious to find out that in a few days when general public tickets go on sale, that 1st row seats will be sold at 1/3 of the price for what I paid for 17 rows behind. Was I wrong to assume the best seats would be available?

Talk to Ticketmaster if you were promised something you didn't get. If the deal guarantees you the first 15 rows, but you're in 18, you have a leg to stand on. If the deal says something like "first section," "first 18 rows," or a vague "best seats available," you probably have no recourse.

QUOTE (SunlightOnChrome @ Apr 13 2010, 02:32 PM)
The VIP package doesn't mean your tickets are the best. You are paying for all the extras. Many of the seats sold with the VIP package are also available in the other pre sales without the package.
I just bought 3 seats for the show in Seattle in row 10. Afterwards, I checked the VIP package and what was available was further away than what I had just purchased (but 2 1/2 times the cost). I think I would have gotten the same seats I got whether I did the VIP package or not, I just didn't want all the extras.
You should be guaranteed the first 15 rows though, so unless this venue skips some rows it sounds like you may have been hosed.

How were you able to buy non-VIP pre-sale tickets to the Seattle show??

Janie,

I received an email from music today Tuesday am alerting me to a pre sale. No citi card, just used my regular old debit card. I purchased my tickets thru them for the last tour also, so I guess I was on the mailing list.

I wasn't expecting to be able to buy anything until Sat. so I was pleasantly surprised.

I just went back to see what type of tickets were left, but it says that tickets available from them were sold out.

Sorry that I didn't see your post earlier.