Caption a Random Film Image

Ghost of a Rider

http://bigdaddyseashell.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/goodfellas.jpg

So Pesci you like the Golden Girls and you think I'm in it?? You think I'm funny in the Golden Girls?? How am I funny? What I'm like an old lady clown to you??

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 11 2009, 04:43 PM)
So Pesci you like the Golden Girls and you think I'm in it?? You think I'm funny in the Golden Girls?? How am I funny? What I'm like an old lady clown to you??

I'm not even gonna try and top that! rofl3.gif

Old lady: yeah I got three f*ckin aces, and you got three f*ckin queens. take your f*ckin shirt off NOW!

Pesci: Awright bitch! awright BUT.... HEY don't look at ME pal, I gotta live wit her! Awright Ma is dis what you want? You want dis?

Edited by BeOhBe Bob

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 11 2009, 03:43 PM)

Your the wiener. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (the invisible man @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 PM)

Thanks very much you putz!

wink.gif laugh.gif

Ok here's the next one:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/760/thedriverbrucedernisabe.jpg

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 13 2009, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (the invisible man @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 PM)

Thanks very much you putz!

wink.gif laugh.gif

Ok here's the next one:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/760/thedriverbrucedernisabe.jpg

bumper.gif

http://i44.tinypic.com/28192f.jpg

Dern: So hey sorry I blew up at you, wanna go for a ride? I'll drive.

Isabelle: Getaway from me you ass!

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Mar 16 2009, 01:05 AM)
http://i44.tinypic.com/28192f.jpg

Dern: So hey sorry I blew up at you, wanna go for a ride? I'll drive.

Isabelle: Getaway from me you ass!

Guess what, you're the winner!

trink38.gif

You're next!

Treeduck---------------------------6----------------------3/13/09

Ghost of a Rider------------------4-----------------------1/24/09

Tick---------------------------------3---------------------2/10/09

Janie-------------------------------3----------------------3/6/09

BeOhBe Bob---------------------3----------------------3/16/09

Tangy------------------------------1------------------------1/7/09

Jack Aubrey-----------------------1-----------------------1/9/09

SiriusRushFan--------------------1-----------------------1/10/09

Necromancer----------------------1---------------------1/19/09

Lerxst1990------------------------1----------------------1/24/09

Lerxster----------------------------1---------------------2/5/09

The invisible man----------------1----------------------3/10/09

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 16 2009, 05:09 PM)
http://i39.tinypic.com/295ffbt.jpg

"Oh shit I think I've got mad cow disease, damn that Mcdonalds!!"

SURPRISE!!!

You win treeduck!

Treeduck---------------------------7----------------------3/18/09

Ghost of a Rider------------------4-----------------------1/24/09

Tick---------------------------------3---------------------2/10/09

Janie-------------------------------3----------------------3/6/09

BeOhBe Bob---------------------3----------------------3/16/09

Tangy------------------------------1------------------------1/7/09

Jack Aubrey-----------------------1-----------------------1/9/09

SiriusRushFan--------------------1-----------------------1/10/09

Necromancer----------------------1---------------------1/19/09

Lerxst1990------------------------1----------------------1/24/09

Lerxster----------------------------1---------------------2/5/09

The invisible man----------------1----------------------3/10/09

This thread seems to be stumbling for lack of interest. It had a good start out of the gate but now is lagging. Anybody besides me think we should just let it die?

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Mar 25 2009, 08:34 AM)
This thread seems to be stumbling for lack of interest. It had a good start out of the gate but now is lagging. Anybody besides me think we should just let it die?

Does this mean I'm the Ultimate Super-Duper Film Master Caption Champeen of all time then??

wink.gif laugh.gif

cheer.gif bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 25 2009, 04:34 PM)
QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Mar 25 2009, 08:34 AM)

Does this mean I'm the Ultimate Super-Duper Film Master Caption Champeen of all time then??

wink.gif laugh.gif

cheer.gif bekloppt.gif

Depends on whether or not we actually shut it down so that remains to be seen my prematurely-pom pom-waving friend. wink.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Mar 26 2009, 12:22 AM)
Maybe if there were less obscure stills of movies there might be more interest?

That's quite possible. I think there are other factors though. A lot of the stills are just innocuous movie scenes that are not necessarily funny in and of themselves, which kind of goes hand in hand with what you're saying. But I also think people are finding it more difficult to be creative and caption a pic where the circumstances surrounding the image are already known from the storyline. It's more fun and challenging to caption a pic of people and events we know nothing about and so in effect, we can create the setting ourselves with the caption.

Anyway, I'll wait for more suggestions before we decide to shut it down or keep it going. But if we decide to keep it going I would suggest images more stimulating than just two movie characters talking to each other and such. The winner can post any caption he wishes of course but it's just an idea.

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Mar 26 2009, 07:04 AM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Mar 26 2009, 12:22 AM)
Maybe if there were less obscure stills of movies there might be more interest?

That's quite possible. I think there are other factors though. A lot of the stills are just innocuous movie scenes that are not necessarily funny in and of themselves, which kind of goes hand in hand with what you're saying. But I also think people are finding it more difficult to be creative and caption a pic where the circumstances surrounding the image are already known from the storyline. It's more fun and challenging to caption a pic of people and events we know nothing about and so in effect, we can create the setting ourselves with the caption.

Anyway, I'll wait for more suggestions before we decide to shut it down or keep it going. But if we decide to keep it going I would suggest images more stimulating than just two movie characters talking to each other and such. The winner can post any caption he wishes of course but it's just an idea.

It's not so easy to find pics that are obviously captionable. And when I find a good one there's still only about 2 people who have a go at it (eg: the Connery in a Nappy one).

Doesn't look like anyone's interested in keeping this thread going so unless a few folks speak up, I'm hereby declaring it dead and treeduck the Ultimate Super-Duper Film Master Caption Champeen of all time.

cheer.gif treeduck! treeduck! he's our arboreal waterfowl! If he can't caption it, well, nobody else wants to anyway so what difference does it make? tongue.gif

1022.gif Treeduck---------------------------7----------------------3/18/09 1022.gif

sad.gif Ghost of a Rider------------------4-----------------------1/24/09 sad.gif

sad.gif Tick---------------------------------3---------------------2/10/09 sad.gif

sad.gif Janie-------------------------------3----------------------3/6/09 sad.gif

sad.gif BeOhBe Bob---------------------3----------------------3/16/09 sad.gif

sad.gif Tangy------------------------------1------------------------1/7/09 sad.gif

sad.gif Jack Aubrey-----------------------1-----------------------1/9/09 sad.gif

sad.gif SiriusRushFan--------------------1-----------------------1/10/09 sad.gif

sad.gif Necromancer----------------------1---------------------1/19/09 sad.gif

sad.gif Lerxst1990------------------------1----------------------1/24/09 sad.gif

sad.gif Lerxster----------------------------1---------------------2/5/09 sad.gif

sad.gif The invisible man----------------1----------------------3/10/09 sad.gif

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Mar 30 2009, 07:19 PM)
Doesn't look like anyone's interested in keeping this thread going so unless a few folks speak up, I'm hereby declaring it dead and treeduck the Ultimate Super-Duper Film Master Caption Champeen of all time.

cheer.gif treeduck! treeduck! he's our arboreal waterfowl! If he can't caption it, well, nobody else wants to anyway so what difference does it make? tongue.gif

1022.gif Treeduck---------------------------7----------------------3/18/09 1022.gif
sad.gif Ghost of a Rider------------------4-----------------------1/24/09 sad.gif
sad.gif Tick---------------------------------3---------------------2/10/09 sad.gif
sad.gif Janie-------------------------------3----------------------3/6/09 sad.gif
sad.gif BeOhBe Bob---------------------3----------------------3/16/09 sad.gif
sad.gif Tangy------------------------------1------------------------1/7/09 sad.gif
sad.gif Jack Aubrey-----------------------1-----------------------1/9/09 sad.gif
sad.gif SiriusRushFan--------------------1-----------------------1/10/09 sad.gif
sad.gif Necromancer----------------------1---------------------1/19/09 sad.gif
sad.gif Lerxst1990------------------------1----------------------1/24/09 sad.gif
sad.gif Lerxster----------------------------1---------------------2/5/09 sad.gif
sad.gif The invisible man----------------1----------------------3/10/09 sad.gif

Well of course I never thought this would happen, I was sure Ticky or Necro or GOR would win the prize for sure. So I'm shocked right now, frankly. The overriding emotion is pride though and gratitude and hope...hope for the future of captioning worldwide!!

I want to thank my manager, my agent, my pal Jimmy the Duck Hunter, couldn't have done it without you Jimbo!! My family, my pet goldfish Oscar Goldman, my dead grandma, the TRF admins and all the many other people who helped me who are too numerous to mention.

Thank you all!!

fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 31 2009, 01:33 AM)

cheer.gif treeduck! treeduck! he's our arboreal waterfowl! If he can't caption it, well, nobody else wants to anyway so what difference does it make?  tongue.gif

1022.gif Treeduck---------------------------7----------------------3/18/09  1022.gif
sad.gif Ghost of a Rider------------------4-----------------------1/24/09  sad.gif
sad.gif Tick---------------------------------3---------------------2/10/09  sad.gif
sad.gif Janie-------------------------------3----------------------3/6/09  sad.gif
sad.gif BeOhBe Bob---------------------3----------------------3/16/09  sad.gif
sad.gif Tangy------------------------------1------------------------1/7/09  sad.gif
sad.gif Jack Aubrey-----------------------1-----------------------1/9/09  sad.gif
sad.gif SiriusRushFan--------------------1-----------------------1/10/09  sad.gif
sad.gif Necromancer----------------------1---------------------1/19/09  sad.gif
sad.gif Lerxst1990------------------------1----------------------1/24/09  sad.gif
sad.gif Lerxster----------------------------1---------------------2/5/09  sad.gif
sad.gif The invisible man----------------1----------------------3/10/09  sad.gif

Well of course I never thought this would happen, I was sure Ticky or Necro or GOR would win the prize for sure. So I'm shocked right now, frankly. The overriding emotion is pride though and gratitude and hope...hope for the future of captioning worldwide!!

I want to thank my manager, my agent, my pal Jimmy the Duck Hunter, couldn't have done it without you Jimbo!! My family, my pet goldfish Oscar Goldman, my dead grandma, the TRF admins and all the many other people who helped me who are too numerous to mention.

Thank you all!!

fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

laugh.gif

You forgot to say: "You like me! you really like me!"

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Mar 31 2009, 04:42 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 31 2009, 01:33 AM)

cheer.gif treeduck! treeduck! he's our arboreal waterfowl! If he can't caption it, well, nobody else wants to anyway so what difference does it make?  tongue.gif

1022.gif Treeduck---------------------------7----------------------3/18/09  1022.gif
sad.gif Ghost of a Rider------------------4-----------------------1/24/09  sad.gif
sad.gif Tick---------------------------------3---------------------2/10/09  sad.gif
sad.gif Janie-------------------------------3----------------------3/6/09  sad.gif
sad.gif BeOhBe Bob---------------------3----------------------3/16/09  sad.gif
sad.gif Tangy------------------------------1------------------------1/7/09  sad.gif
sad.gif Jack Aubrey-----------------------1-----------------------1/9/09  sad.gif
sad.gif SiriusRushFan--------------------1-----------------------1/10/09  sad.gif
sad.gif Necromancer----------------------1---------------------1/19/09  sad.gif
sad.gif Lerxst1990------------------------1----------------------1/24/09  sad.gif
sad.gif Lerxster----------------------------1---------------------2/5/09  sad.gif
sad.gif The invisible man----------------1----------------------3/10/09  sad.gif

Thank you all!!

laugh.gif

You forgot to say: "You like me! you really like me!"

laugh.gif