2008 - 05/11 - Irvine, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IRVINE BABY! nestled in the meadows, this amphitheater rocks! big ass lawn, but it is a frickin' hike to get up there. also, it's at a punishing angle getting up that hill if anyone was done that b4.

oh yeah, the walk from the parking lot to the venue is very long. i've seen rush from all vantage points here and looking forward to my first outdoor show this leg. should be a lot of fun.

thank you rush for coming back to orange county! i'm sure i will have a story about the cops down here jacking someone up. hopefully it will not be me. i am going to be extra careful. extra careful. if all goes well, the following people will be tailgating it:

rolinda bonz

flybynightgirl7

rushman14

rushchic7

edgyspice

jillybean

daveyt

and some germans trink38.gif

Got home about 1:00 am doing todays work laundry then leave at 6:30am Irvine was killer and the clarity of light and sound was even more than NOKIA sorry, you'll always be a little brother to Irvine Meadows. 2.gif 1022.gif

Got home about 3 AM (had to run the kids home first; made my ex stay up until 2 z7shysterical.gif ). I just woke up and have no voice whatsoever. And it was worth it! The kids LOVED the show. They asked what the chickens were all about, and I just told them "That's Geddy" biggrin.gif

And I'd just like to say again, getting out of Verizon SUCKS!!!

Hey, did anyone see the couple in Loge 5 (5 rows in front of us) that looked like they just came from their wedding? I could NEVER get my girlfriend to do that!!

I was in the first row, right in front of Alex (thank you, daveyt!). This is what I wrote in my journal last night:

"Alex Lifeson tried to give me a pick. I think he thought my air guitar skillz were funny. He went over to his amp, fetched a spare, and tossed it right at me. Me being me, I watched it flutter past me and drop to the ground. It landed, and I stared at it. Then someone else snatched it up.

I turned back to the stage, and he was mouthing something. Wait, is he talking to me? I gaped, probably with a slack jaw. "Didn't you want a pick?" he was saying. I sat stupidly for a minute, then raised my palms upwards in a "Durrrrrrrr I dunno" gesture.

All I could think about for the rest of the show was that stupid pick."

So yeah...to whom it may concern in the second row: you have my pick. fists crying.gif Still, I got the Professor to crack a smile! He saw me bouncing up and down to "Far Cry" and laughed. True, he was laughing AT me, but whatevs. laugh.gif

It was also nice meeting everyone before the show, too. I met Jill, who was the fan Ross Halfin said not-nice things about, and her niceness is inversely proportionate to his. Also, when someone pointed her out I was like, "That's her?" because she's nowhere near as big as he crudely implied she was. Whatever, Ross. eyesre4.gif

Also, Time and Motion is right about trying to leave Verizon-- I put on Power Windows when I started my car and I was listening to "Middletown Dreams" by the time I got out of the lot. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Time And Motion @ May 12 2008, 10:48 AM)
Heh, I got almost the whole way through Counterparts biggrin.gif

Were you wearing a white shirt by chance? We could see someone in a white shirt near your area that seemed to have brought a pogo stick to the show common001.gif

Haha! No, that was someone else. I had a black shirt on, and my hair was down (it reaches almost to my tailbone). I do have a tendency to pogo.

I split my house last night from mid Wishire at 6pm. I grab the 101 at Vermont Ave and head for the Harbor Freeway then to 405. I'm taking the R1200GS so I should get there in about 5 minutes... Actually it took under 45. Yahoo I'm in the parking lot before 7 and no ticket, park the bike and jam to the box office. I got ROW QQQ seat 48 for 54 bones, whoopdeedo but better than the grass. I didn't stay there long so I went down to ORCH 2 and nestled in with my camcorder w/ 16 bit sound. I recorded the whole first half with even lights down Geddy in between songs. Happy Mothers Day I'm sure there's a lot of Mothers out there, Geddy said. Some woman with a white long sleeve shirt at dead Center PIT looked like she was in Alex heaven w/ arms extended out to him at all moments. More later, I'm tired. 2.gif 1022.gif

I was 2nd row Pit....

EDGY, I totally saw Neil laughing at someone or something looking at the audience and I was looking for what it was....that was YOU? Too funny, what were you doing to actually get Neil to laugh like that?

That kid wearing the Vapor Trails shirt in the front row was too funny. I have NEVER seen anyone jump up and down so much at a concert in my life...but he was having a great time and that's the important thing!

As for getting out of the theater, I have a lot of experience at that place....I darted out right before the end of the last song...probably 3:30 into it...missing the last minute of the last song probably saved me about an hour and a half in the parking lot. I was home 10 minutes after the concert ended....

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 12 2008, 04:27 PM)
EDGY, I totally saw Neil laughing at someone or something looking at the audience and I was looking for what it was....that was YOU? Too funny, what were you doing to actually get Neil to laugh like that?

All I was doing was bouncing up and down to "Far Cry!" I guess I must have looked like I was really into it. laugh.gif

Fake edit: I'm still bummed about that stupid pick! eh.gif

To avoid the traffic I watch Lorne and crew disassemble the Snakes and Arrows kit and was the very last to leave the right PIT by 20 yellow jackets. Bought a S&A sticker kit and went to the bike smoked then went home by 1:00. Just raindrops going back to L.A. on the R1200GS. 2.gif 1022.gif You know how they wheel in these boxes in front of the drums, theres a big speaker with a white cone behind the front panel of the riser w/ the logo. It's nice to watch the gold glimmer in your eye and see a drum dissappear into the box for the last time, I mean they had to get mouthy with me somewhat. 2.gif 1022.gif

Archived