26 replies to this topic

#21 Rolinda Bonz

Rolinda Bonz

Land Obi Zorn

• Members *
  • 10868 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (JDL2112 @ May 1 2008, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 23 2008, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (Spike @ Apr 23 2008, 10:29 AM)
I'll be at this show with my brother.  We're in section 304; just a few rows in front of the lawn. 

My brother would only go if I got the cheap seats.  Since I go to most shows by myself, I figured I'd compromise on this show and get him the cheap seats so I'd have a "date"!  Aren't I a NICE sister?!?!?   wacko.gif

yes.gif  that is very considerate of you cheer.gif

see you there!  trink39.gif

Bonz!  Have a great time...see you in 30 days!

Jay :-)

biggrin.gif   hey! thanks for the well-wishes, Jay.  they worked!  yes.gif
the show was amazing.  i've never seen a better one.  i think this was one of those "magical" shows that Neil writes about. wub.gif

it was for me anyway  applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif

see you at The Gorge!  cheer.gif  common001.gif  1287.gif  

Sponsored Post

#22 Rushtothevenue1987

Rushtothevenue1987

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ May 2 2008, 10:41 AM)
QUOTE (Rushtothevenue1987 @ May 2 2008, 01:46 AM)
amazing show not a single disappointment that I can think of I was enthralled for most of the show jamming out with reckless abandon
screwed up my neck some more because of this but it was worth it because jamming out to some Rush is unavoidable I just gotta pump my fist and get down to the sweet beats! Alex was on fire his guitar tone had so much sonic power to it I mean the overall sound was amazing
It was definitely top notch entertainment,
hopefully somebody can post a set list up here for others interested in knowing this info.
The 1st song they played for the encore I wasn't familiar with so I'm still wondering what album that song was from.

*SPOILER!!*

One Little Victory is from Vapor Trails.   unsure.gif  am i allowed to say this in this thread?  :scrolls up to add *spoiler* space:

GO

GET

IT

!!!

NOW!!   laugh.gif

oh, and roll your pennies, because you prolly won't be able to find a used copy and will hafta pay full price,,,tho its worth every cent.
yes.gif wub.gif 1022.gif 653.gif trink39.gif
there isn't a bad song on the album and you get 13 songs. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
it's their best album EVER!...well, until S&A.  trink38.gif
(don't listen to rushgoober  dazed025.gif  tongue.gif  )

2.gif

glad to hear you enjoyed the show, too.   cheer.gif  i had a great time. common001.gif
hope your neck feels better soon. rose.gif sad.gif

thx for your support I need it because my neck I think is seriously messed up hopefully it's nothing serious I think I might just have to restrain from head banging for a short while  cool.gif  
I appreciate you telling me what album that song was from because I felt sorta stupid for not knowing that because I consider myself a devoted Rush fan but apparently I don't know their whole catalog of songs
I'm hearing a lot of good praise about this show not only from the fans on this thread but also from over hearing people talk about it after the show.
My guess is that there were some Dbacks players there too because they had an off day yesterday and I heard Randy Johnson is a buddy of Geddy's that and Bob Melvin (the manager for the snakes) and a few of the players are big fans I'm sure so that's what makes me think that they might of went to the show.
alright that's all I got for now keep on rocking!  1022.gif  

#23 daveyt

daveyt

Non Sequitur

• Members *
  • 8219 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

that's great!

#24 zebra

zebra

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:14 AM

Somebody asked for a set list....here you go.  Sorry, I don't have a camera handy, so I can't post a photo of it.  And yes, Randy Johnson was walking around the west side yesterday.

SET 1
1.  LIMELIGHT
2.  DIGITAL MAN
3.  GHOST
4.  MISSION
5.  FREE WILL
6.  MONKEY BIZ
7.  LARGER BOWL
8.  RED BARCHETTA
9.  TREES
10.BETWEEN THE WHEELS
11.DREAMLINE

SET 2
1.  FAR CRY
2.  ANGELS
3.  ARMOR & SWORD
4.  SPINDRIFT
5.  WIND BLOWS
6.  SUBDIVISIONS
7.  NATURAL SCIENCE
8.  WITCH HUNT
9.  MALNAR / DRUM SOLO
10.HOPE
11.SPIRIT OF RADIO
13.TOM SAWYER
-----------------------------
VICTORY
BANGKOK
Y.Y.Z.

Edited by zebra, 03 May 2008 - 03:15 AM.

#25 ReflectedLight

ReflectedLight

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8673 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:05 PM

The show was great.  Perfect weather and a good energy throughout.
Favorite part of the show this time was watching Al play Hope.
He showed so much emotion with this song and it's one of my favs.

#26 Rushtothevenue1987

Rushtothevenue1987

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:54 AM

Yea that part had a lot of soul put into it by Alex the whole show I thought was much better than last time they visited Phx but they were both pretty amazing shows that it's hard to say which was better who here went to last years performance in Phx also if so which did you like better this time or last time they came?

#27 ReflectedLight

ReflectedLight

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8673 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Rushtothevenue1987 @ May 4 2008, 01:54 AM)
Yea that part had a lot of soul put into it by Alex the whole show I thought was much better than last time they visited Phx but they were both pretty amazing shows that it's hard to say which was better who here went to last years performance in Phx also if so which did you like better this time or last time they came?

First leg I sat 5th row center and was a great show.
Second time around I sat 5th row 104 and was another great show, although I noticed a few Geddy lyric screw ups, but they covered it up nicely where it was hard to tell.
I'm from NY and always love seeing Rush at the Cricket.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users