UPDATE on Lakeside Maiden & Rhiannon's Dad

Rhiannon_of_Rivendell

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Jan 13 2005, 01:49 PM)
OK Folks,

Mom just called he's out of surgery and it all went very well.
He has a plate & pins and is in recovery and is talking about going into work tomorrow.
scared.gif wacko.gif - Yeah, this won't happen wink.gif not if Mom has anything to say about it.
We'll post more when we hear from her again after the Dr. comes back to see him later on today.

Good news.

I keep my fingers crossed for your Dad. rose.gif

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Jan 13 2005, 11:49 AM)
OK Folks,

Mom just called he's out of surgery and it all went very well.
He has a plate & pins and is in recovery and is talking about going into work tomorrow.
scared.gif wacko.gif - Yeah, this won't happen wink.gif not if Mom has anything to say about it.
We'll post more when we hear from her again after the Dr. comes back to see him later on today.

smile.gif thats vereh good news....good luck with the docs!

OK folks,

Our Dad went to the surgeon this afternoon and got his cast off. He has 16 pins, and plates to hold the wrist bones in place. The doctor was pleased by what he saw, said there were some splinters of bone but he said they should merge w/ the healing bone. He has a removable cast that he can take off for physical therapy, which he will have every other week. He asked the Dr about playing the guitar, and the Dr said no straining the wrist for a while. When I see you again in 2 weeks we will see. (my POOR Mom... sad.gif )

SO everything looks to be on track, and with patience (LOTS of patience) and physical therapy hopefully he'll be back on track to rock out playing SRV, Chuck Berry, Chet Atkins, and we'll have our Jazz Dad back again.

Thanks to you all for your continued support for both LSM & myself and our family.

You have been wonderful friends through all of this.

rose.gif

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Jan 26 2005, 11:27 PM)
OK folks,
Our Dad went to the surgeon this afternoon and got his cast off. He has 16 pins, and plates to hold the wrist bones in place. The doctor was pleased by what he saw, said there were some splinters of bone but he said they should merge w/ the healing bone. He has a removable cast that he can take off for physical therapy, which he will have every other week. He asked the Dr about playing the guitar, and the Dr said no straining the wrist for a while. When I see you again in 2 weeks we will see. (my POOR Mom... sad.gif )

SO everything looks to be on track, and with patience (LOTS of patience) and physical therapy hopefully he'll be back on track to rock out playing SRV, Chuck Berry, Chet Atkins, and we'll have our Jazz Dad back again.

Thanks to you all for your continued support for both LSM & myself and our family.

rose.gif

smile.gif glad to hear it! smile.gif

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Jan 27 2005, 01:27 AM)

rose.gif

Yes guys, thank you all SO SO SO much for being there for us wub.gif

OMG....I had an awesome dream last night that I was sitting with my dad and he was practicing....he was wincing a little as he was playing, so I told him, just take it easy, you don't want to overdo it, just play a little at a time....He just smiled at me with these happy tears in his eyes that he was holding one of his babies again wub.gif .....and I woke up....

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 27 2005, 10:50 AM)
OMG....I had an awesome dream last night that I was sitting with my dad and he was practicing....he was wincing a little as he was playing, so I told him, just take it easy, you don't want to overdo it, just play a little at a time....He just smiled at me with these happy tears in his eyes that he was holding one of his babies again wub.gif .....and I woke up....

Awesome. One day at a time - He'll get there. smile.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 27 2005, 08:50 AM)

I agree with AGP! 653.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

ok nice... make me cry first thing lil sis...

He WILL play again, I have no fears of this.

My main concern is how long will it take for him to get back to where he was in skill level, and how will that journey affect him. unsure.gif

When you look up work ethic in the dictionary, that's our Dad. He will do whatever it takes.

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Jan 27 2005, 12:31 PM)

My main concern is how long will it take for him to get back to where he was in skill level, and how will that journey affect him. unsure.gif

When you look up work ethic in the dictionary, that's our Dad. He will do whatever it takes.

determination is good to have smile.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 27 2005, 03:20 PM)
QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Jan 27 2005, 12:31 PM)

determination is good to have smile.gif

saw him tonight....i told him it was looking good....he showed me a rough sketch of the plate they put in his wrist - at the dinner table....on a napkin wacko.gif Thats our dad for ya.... He said..."I wont be able to play for 2 more weeks.... sad.gif " <--- with that face....I said, Its a lot sooner than what they initially told you. Just take it easy, do what they tell you, don't by any means overdo it, and you'll be playing again..." He smiled back at me with a kinda forlorn look on his face and nodded....

What Rhi is saying though, about him, his ethic, he will do whatever it takes to play again...but we're mostly worried about what this ordeal is going to do to him emotionally as well as physically, not just the surgery and healing process, but getting the mobility back in his wrist and getting back up to the level he was playing at before...he is a very determined man, but gets discouraged with himself easily...we worry that it will take too hard a toll on him to have go through it... sad.gif

Archived