If you want to know how Der Trom & I first met...

LakesideMaiden

Go check out the Engagement Thread- I didn't want to have two threads with the same topic in it wink.gif And I'm certainly not trying to force anybody to go check it out whipgirl.gif laugh.gif I just though there may be some who'd like to read about it heart.gif

Life, as it is, RULES!!!!!! Things fall into place as they should. There is a method to the madness. There is a theory out there, I can't remember what it's called, that states that pieces in life do truly fall into place but that the falling into place part is self-directed. Makes sense to me.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 24 2007, 10:44 PM)
Life, as it is, RULES!!!!!! Things fall into place as they should. There is a method to the madness. There is a theory out there, I can't remember what it's called, that states that pieces in life do truly fall into place but that the falling into place part is self-directed. Makes sense to me.

I think that would be called Destiny smile.gif Wanna hear something even more creepy? My sister (RoR) did a Tarot reading on me after the interview, when I went up to the Farm to go to the AHL All Star Game with her and her husband...I had asked if I would ever find my soulmate (I was going thru a really rocky time with my (now) ex-husband). The outcome of the Tarot reading was to focus on my career and through that I would find my soulmate...

Completely true story - cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye! laugh.gif

Pretty kewl, eh?? cool.gif

QUOTE (LerxstFerret @ Aug 24 2007, 10:56 PM)
That's a great story!

I usually find nothing but self-righteous jerks at guitar centers. You got lucky.

Things can happen in the funniest ways huh?

Thanks hon hug2.gif

Believe me, there are a few self-righteous jerks who work for GC - we had a couple in the Natick store (my Manager Craig for one, and a couple of previous co-workers, Jesse & Matt, who were absolute jerks) but as a ratio of bad to good, there are a lot more good people who work there than bad.

Now, mind you, GC screwed over both Der Trom & myself -- I got injured on the job (2 bulging discs and one completely deteriorated one), and worker's comp sent me back to work on "light duty" (which I still couldn't do) with many restrictions. A position was created for me - Merchandising - and Craig kept trying to get around the restrictions that the doctor put on me, until HR came in, and was watching what I was doing, flinching in pain, and limping around the store....they called him into their makeshift office and told him to follow my restrictions to the letter, or they could get sued. So he did...and I ended up having to quit because I couldn't afford to work that little an amount of hours at minimum wage. I was told long after the fact that I could have sued them, but it's too late to do anything about it now.

Der Trom was injured by working the insane hours they make their Assistant Managers work (we're talking upwards of 80+ hours a week) - wear and tear on his back and hip, and he ended up with tendonitus of the hip from it -- and couldn't return to working under the hours and time spent on his feet that were required for the AM position. They offered him a position at the door, making a shite load less, and he couldn't afford it. His doctor advised him to seek another form of employment. So he did, but is still suffering with a ton of pain because of it.

Back to the peeps who work there, though. The DM's of Pro-Audio (Carlos & Alain) were sweethearts, Keith, Glenn-O and Hatch in Guitars were as well. And Robbie-X is still one of our really good friends, who will be invited to the wedding. I guess all I'm saying is don't judge all the employees of GC by some of the assmunches that you may have come across. There are some really good guys who work for the store, who are there solely because they love music and playing music that much smile.gif

That's a great story!

I usually find nothing but self-righteous jerks at guitar centers. You got lucky.

From San Diego, Ca? I thought they might be better but I have to expound on this a bit. See, the trouble with salepersons is they always go to the person they think is the man is the one buying.

When I was working at GC, my first thought was always with to ask who was the person playing. There were times I found the female the player & I would start from there. I never assumed a female was not a player. No matter the instrument.....

Also, I want to point out here to start getting females to play drums more (We need more female drummers!!!) as well as we need to get an all female Prog-rock band happening.....I'm sick & tired of seeing pretty women with no talent up on stage. I'd rather an all female band that can play!

What do you say ladies? pokey.gif bolt.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 24 2007, 09:52 PM)

I think that would be called Destiny smile.gif Wanna hear something even more creepy? My sister (RoR) did a Tarot reading on me after the interview, when I went up to the Farm to go to the AHL All Star Game with her and her husband...I had asked if I would ever find my soulmate (I was going thru a really rocky time with my (now) ex-husband). The outcome of the Tarot reading was to focus on my career and through that I would find my soulmate...

Completely true story - cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye! laugh.gif

I was being a smart ass. tongue.gif Freewill. That's what I was getting at. You steer yourself in the direction to which you are most willing to succeed by intuition or experience or whatever.

ANYWAY... you guys are getting married. wub.gif That is life at its best. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 25 2007, 12:20 AM)
That's a great story!

From San Diego, Ca? I thought they might be better but I have to expound on this a bit. See, the trouble with salepersons is they always go to the person they think is the man is the one buying.

When I was working at GC, my first thought was always with to ask who was the person playing. There were times I found the female the player & I would start from there. I never assumed a female was not a player. No matter the instrument.....

Also, I want to point out here to start getting females to play drums more (We need more female drummers!!!) as well as we need to get an all female Prog-rock band happening.....I'm sick & tired of seeing pretty women with no talent up on stage. I'd rather an all female band that can play!

What do you say ladies? pokey.gif bolt.gif

laugh.gif as a female musician, I agree wholeheartedly!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 25 2007, 12:20 AM)

I was being a smart ass. tongue.gif Freewill. That's what I was getting at. You steer yourself in the direction to which you are most willing to succeed by intuition or experience or whatever.

ANYWAY... you guys are getting married. wub.gif That is life at its best. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

laugh.gif I know - but I'd rather think of it as being fated to happen - all things in life happen for a reason smile.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 25 2007, 12:24 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 25 2007, 12:20 AM)

laugh.gif I know - but I'd rather think of it as being fated to happen - all things in life happen for a reason smile.gif

that sounds familiar...like that story...I don't know where I heard it before. Where'd you get it?

Archived