Hey LSM

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#141 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts
  • Interests:Rush.....um......Rush.....and.....um.......Rush......oh yeah, and RUSH! Other than that, I play the guitar, sing, love most kinds of music, including country (I sing that professionally), love photography, art, and hockey.

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (owlswing @ Aug 22 2007, 03:35 PM)
CONGRATULATIONS!  wub.gif

So are you the 1st TRF propsal? It sure makes for one awesome story on how you got engaged.

I think we are - at least ON TRF itself anyhow blush4.gif  I think it does - though I can see my brother rolling his eyes eyesre4.gif that Der Trom did it in here - he's a big 2.gif fan, but not one for Message Boards wink.gif  Thanks so much, Mrs. Pags wub.gif  Can't wait to finally meet you guys in 26 days!!! bncegrn.gif 1022.gif

Sponsored Post

#142 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts
  • Interests:Rush.....um......Rush.....and.....um.......Rush......oh yeah, and RUSH! Other than that, I play the guitar, sing, love most kinds of music, including country (I sing that professionally), love photography, art, and hockey.

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Aug 22 2007, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 19 2007, 01:41 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 19 2007, 01:10 PM)
QUOTE (DustFerret @ Aug 19 2007, 10:33 AM)
Just noticed!

Congratulations! I hope it's the beginning of a wonderful life for you two.

Rush on, til' death do you part.

Thanks, DF!!!!  trink39.gif

ranton.gif Now, our kids are going to be  2.gif kids but we aren't getting hokey & playing  2.gif tunes while LSM walks down the aisle! Well, unless Neil, Ged, & Alex are reading this & decide to play for us but then I'd lose LSM to Ged because she'd be staring at him & I'd be a little peeved with Geddy for taking my woman & I'd pick up the closest thing to me...which would be a lighter ^ throw it & hit him on the forehead throwing him back in a chair & the wedding would stop & people would cry & then lightning would hit the building & we'd be running trying to get out of the burning building screaming &  2.gif would go on & play more dates making this the most interesting tour they ever had. I would go on to be that guy who threw a lighter at Geddy & be immortalized in Neil's next book & you'd read it here first knowing that you read it & OMG, I remember that DT wrote about that, he's a prophet & maybe he can see more into the future & I'd make millions of dollars writing in 4 different languages because the Church would think I was a witch & dealing with the devil to get this information and then I'd change my name to something mysterious, like Nosferatu or something that sounds like that because I'd be a devil worshipper & then there would be a Witch Hunt, I'd be running for my life in Fear, I'd meet Tom Sawyer, who take me on a raft down the Mississippi to meet up with Digital Man& Analog Kid, they'd bake me a cake full of  cool10.gif & I'd be too wasted to realize that I just wasted your time reading this really bad rant of nothing! rantoff.gif

laugh.gif that was some rant, honey!  z7shysterical.gif

rofl3.gif

It's all gonna be alright DT. yes.gif

She may think that Geddy is HOT. yes.gif

But you have her heart.gif

wub.gif

Congrats again!!!

laugh.gif True enough, CeeJ biggrin.gif

#143 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 22 2007, 04:55 PM)
Ummm.... yeah.... okaaaaaaay.  

laugh.gif  

Cya's at MSG.  bncegrn.gif  bncegrn.gif  bncegrn.gif

tongue.gif plbth....*blows internet raspberry at Necro* tongue.gif

laugh.gif

#144 Der Trommler

Der Trommler

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6477 posts
  • Interests:Percussion, Darts, RPG (video or live-D&D), movies, breathing, eating, living...in general. Too many things to list & remember....I guess the breathing/eating thing needs to be a priority though

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Daylin @ Aug 22 2007, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 17 2007, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 17 2007, 06:29 PM)
Will you marry me?

I love you, sweetie

pssst...look behind you!

wub.gif  awwwwww!!!!!!!  OF COURSE!!!! heart.gif kishug.gif lips.gif

...I think this is a first (?) - getting proposed to on TRF wub.gif

biggrin.gif  wub.gif How sweet!!!

Congratulations, LSM and Der Trom heart.gif  rose.gif

blush4.gif Shucks..... wub.gif  

#145 Der Trommler

Der Trommler

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6477 posts
  • Interests:Percussion, Darts, RPG (video or live-D&D), movies, breathing, eating, living...in general. Too many things to list & remember....I guess the breathing/eating thing needs to be a priority though

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 22 2007, 03:24 PM)
Congrats you two! yes.gif wub.gif  1022.gif

trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif

Thanks, Goobs...Yankees (suck)  rofl3.gif  

#146 Der Trommler

Der Trommler

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6477 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (owlswing @ Aug 22 2007, 03:35 PM)
CONGRATULATIONS!  wub.gif

So are you the 1st TRF propsal? It sure makes for one awesome story on how you got engaged.

I've never been one to follow others (really). So, I will make sure I try to keep that going!! Thanks muchies!!!

#147 Der Trommler

Der Trommler

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6477 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:23 PM

Just noticed!

ranton.gif Now, our kids are going to be  2.gif kids but we aren't getting hokey & playing  2.gif tunes while LSM walks down the aisle! Well, unless Neil, Ged, & Alex are reading this & decide to play for us but then I'd lose LSM to Ged because she'd be staring at him & I'd be a little peeved with Geddy for taking my woman & I'd pick up the closest thing to me...which would be a lighter ^ throw it & hit him on the forehead throwing him back in a chair & the wedding would stop & people would cry & then lightning would hit the building & we'd be running trying to get out of the burning building screaming &  2.gif would go on & play more dates making this the most interesting tour they ever had. I would go on to be that guy who threw a lighter at Geddy & be immortalized in Neil's next book & you'd read it here first knowing that you read it & OMG, I remember that DT wrote about that, he's a prophet & maybe he can see more into the future & I'd make millions of dollars writing in 4 different languages because the Church would think I was a witch & dealing with the devil to get this information and then I'd change my name to something mysterious, like Nosferatu or something that sounds like that because I'd be a devil worshipper & then there would be a Witch Hunt, I'd be running for my life in Fear, I'd meet Tom Sawyer, who take me on a raft down the Mississippi to meet up with Digital Man& Analog Kid, they'd bake me a cake full of  cool10.gif & I'd be too wasted to realize that I just wasted your time reading this really bad rant of nothing! rantoff.gif

rofl3.gif

wub.gif

Congrats again!!!

wub.gif Thanks, Ceej! But I still don't believe that, for one second, if Geddy walked up & asked LSM to go to dinner, that she would remember that I exist for most of that night....I have to resign myself to it....of course, on the other hand, Jessica Alba, Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Garner, Natalie Portman, Alyssa Milano....oh sorry, went on for a little too long. Anyone of the HOT babes in famousland of the rich wanted me, I'd probably be back with LSM but she knows that after the big date..... rofl3.gif  

#148 Der Trommler

Der Trommler

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6477 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 22 2007, 04:55 PM)
Ummm.... yeah.... okaaaaaaay.  

laugh.gif  

Cya's at MSG.  bncegrn.gif  bncegrn.gif  bncegrn.gif

rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  icon_really_happy_guy.gif  icon_really_happy_guy.gif  

#149 owlswing

owlswing

Pags' Better Half

• Members *
  • 5279 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, decorating our home, reading and most of all being with my family.

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 22 2007, 11:23 PM)
Just noticed!

rofl3.gif

wub.gif

Congrats again!!!

wub.gif Thanks, Ceej! But I still don't believe that, for one second, if Geddy walked up & asked LSM to go to dinner, that she would remember that I exist for most of that night....I have to resign myself to it....of course, on the other hand, Jessica Alba, Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Garner, Natalie Portman, Alyssa Milano....oh sorry, went on for a little too long. Anyone of the HOT babes in famousland of the rich wanted me, I'd probably be back with LSM but she knows that after the big date..... rofl3.gif

So what your saying is that you each have that it's OK celebrity list  laugh.gif  

#150 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (owlswing @ Aug 23 2007, 09:07 AM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 22 2007, 11:23 PM)
Just noticed!

rofl3.gif

wub.gif

Congrats again!!!

So what your saying is that you each have that it's OK celebrity list  laugh.gif

Yup!  laugh.gif Mine includes, of course, at the top of the list: wub.gif heart.gif drool1.gif Geddy drool1.gif heart.gif wub.gif, but also (from the land of the rich) drool1.gif Pierce Brosnan drool1.gif, wub.gif Viggo Mortensen wub.gif and heart.gif Charles Shaughnessy heart.gif

z7shysterical.gif

#151 failte

failte

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1464 posts
  • Interests:my husband thesweetscience<br>flames hockey<br>reading

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:59 PM

congrats you guys!!!  

tss told me the other day you guys got engaged but i haven't been able to get on.  

trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  

#152 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (failte @ Aug 23 2007, 03:59 PM)
congrats you guys!!! 

tss told me the other day you guys got engaged but i haven't been able to get on. 

trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif

Thanks failte!! heart.gif

A little help.....tss.....who's that??

Edited by LakesideMaiden, 23 August 2007 - 11:10 PM.

#153 Der Trommler

Der Trommler

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6477 posts
  • Interests:Percussion, Darts, RPG (video or live-D&amp;D), movies, breathing, eating, living...in general. Too many things to list &amp; remember....I guess the breathing/eating thing needs to be a priority though

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:11 PM

congrats you guys!!!  

trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif

Fáilte, Fáilte!!! (It feels like I stuttered)  laugh.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  

#154 failte

failte

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1464 posts
  • Interests:my husband thesweetscience<br>flames hockey<br>reading

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 23 2007, 10:11 PM)
congrats you guys!!! 

Fáilte, Fáilte!!! (It feels like I stuttered)  laugh.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif

laugh.gif

very happy for the both of you, best wishes!!!!

oh, and the rings are absolutely beautiful  biggrin.gif  

#155 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (failte @ Aug 24 2007, 03:16 AM)
congrats you guys!!! 

laugh.gif

Thanks failte wub.gif

#156 Der Trommler

Der Trommler

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6477 posts
  • Interests:Percussion, Darts, RPG (video or live-D&amp;D), movies, breathing, eating, living...in general. Too many things to list &amp; remember....I guess the breathing/eating thing needs to be a priority though

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (failte @ Aug 24 2007, 03:16 AM)
congrats you guys!!! 

laugh.gif

Fáilte, Fáilte....(there I go stuttering again...) laugh.gif  

#157 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:19 PM

user posted image

Don't mind him....he's a little touched...user posted image

LOL laugh.gif

#158 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:19 PM

Okay, so I feel the need to tell you all about how Der Trom & I first met, because it is filled with so much 2.gif wub.gif and, well, we've shared so much else with our 2.gif family, I felt you all should know how it all began -- if you're interested that is laugh.gif  I mean, I'm not tying you down, making you read it or anything whipgirl.gif z7shysterical.gif

When Der Trom & I first met, our main topic of conversation was Rush.  I had applied for a position at Guitar Center in Natick, MA, and had been called in for an interview.  Der Trom was the one who interviewed me.  The manager, Joni, wanted him to do the interview, as he was being fast-tracked for the Sales Manager position.  

So when I went in, I was given an "exam" of sorts, to test my knowledge of the department I was applying for (Guitars).  As fate would have it, I was not only given a guitar test (which I did fairly well on), but a drum test as well.  I was extremely nervous (as most are when interviewing for a job), but I did fairly well for a guitar player.  I did, however, get stuck on one question.  'Name three major brands of cymbals.'  I had put down Zildjian, and (of all brands) Paiste, but even though I knew of Sabian, for some reason I had a complete mental block; I couldn't think of it.  

I was called into the interview shortly thereafter, and after he had glanced over the tests, I told him I had no idea why I was given the drum test, but I had given it a try anyhow.  So he, being a drummer himself, went to that test first to see how I had done.  Being a little frustrated that I couldn't remember the other brand, I told him that I could only think of two, but knew of a third; the company that had put out a line of cymbals for Neil Peart.  He did a double take at the name, being that he had never come across a Rush fan of the female persuasion before wink.gif

The interview really ended at that point - all we did was talk about Rush for the next 45 minutes laugh.gif  Shortly thereafter I was hired, and he and I would hang out after work, listening to the band, getting to know each other....and eventually we started dating...everyone in the store was convinced that something was going on between us, when there wasn't - and even when there was, we couldn't let on, because he was technically my manager (one of the assistant managers, but my boss just the same), and "a supervisor and an employee cannot have a relationship when working in the same store"...so he got a transfer up to the Danvers store (saying that the distance from Beverly to Natick was costing him too much money and time wink.gif), and we started openly dating after he transferred.  We moved in together about 6 months after we started dating, and now, two years later, we're engaged wub.gif and planning to start a family within the year wub.gif wub.gif

Rush Love Rulez 2.gif heart.gif 1022.gif

Edited by LakesideMaiden, 24 August 2007 - 09:30 PM.

#159 jendrisc

jendrisc

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Music

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 24 2007, 10:19 PM)
Okay, so I feel the need to tell you all about how Der Trom & I first met, because it is filled with so much 2.gif wub.gif and, well, we've shared so much else with our 2.gif family, I felt you all should know how it all began -- if you're interested that is laugh.gif  I mean, I'm not tying you down, making you read it or anything whipgirl.gif z7shysterical.gif

When Der Trom & I first met, our main topic of conversation was Rush.  I had applied for a position at Guitar Center in Natick, MA, and had been called in for an interview.  Der Trom was the one who interviewed me.  The manager, Joni, wanted him to do the interview, as he was being fast-tracked for the Sales Manager position.  

So when I went in, I was given an "exam" of sorts, to test my knowledge of the department I was applying for (Guitars).  As fate would have it, I was not only given a guitar test (which I did fairly well on), but a drum test as well.  I was extremely nervous (as most are when interviewing for a job), but I did fairly well for a guitar player.  I did, however, get stuck on one question.  'Name three major brands of cymbals.'  I had put down Zildjian, and (of all brands) Paiste, but even though I knew of Sabian, for some reason I had a complete mental block; I couldn't think of it.  

I was called into the interview shortly thereafter, and after he had glanced over the tests, I told him I had no idea why I was given the drum test, but I had given it a try anyhow.  So he, being a drummer himself, went to that test first to see how I had done.  Being a little frustrated that I couldn't remember the other brand, I told him that I could only think of two, but knew of a third; the company that had put out a line of cymbals for Neil Peart.  He did a double take at the name, being that he had never come across a Rush fan of the female persuasion before wink.gif

The interview really ended at that point - all we did was talk about Rush for the next 45 minutes laugh.gif  Shortly thereafter I was hired, and he and I would hang out after work, listening to the band, getting to know each other....and eventually we started dating...everyone in the store was convinced that something was going on between us, when there wasn't - and even when there was, we couldn't let on, because he was technically my manager (one of the assistant managers, but my boss just the same), and "a supervisor and an employee cannot have a relationship when working in the same store"...so he got a transfer up to the Danvers store (saying that the distance from Beverly to Natick was costing him too much money and time wink.gif), and we started openly dating after he transferred.  We moved in together about 6 months after we started dating, and now, two years later, we're engaged wub.gif and planning to start a family within the year wub.gif wub.gif

This was the coolest thing I've seen in a long time!  Sincerest congrats to both of you!!!!!  I wish you guys all the best!!!!!  :-)

#160 Cygnalschick

Cygnalschick

Little Drummer Girl

• Members
  • 5575 posts
  • Interests:Playing my Geddy Lee signature bass, reading, meeting other Rush fans, anything music-related: going to shows/concerts, writing music, listening to music...

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 24 2007, 08:19 PM)

What a cool story LSM  smile.gif  I too used to work for Guitar Center, and I know what you mean about being one of the only girls into Rush. I guess there just aren't that many as cool as us New World Women  laugh.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users