Godsmack drum battle w/YYZ & TS

Showdonttell25

I never was that big of a Godsmack fan before, but all I have to say about this video is WOW! I've seen guitar face offs and even a bass face off, but never a full drum kit face off. Those were some nice songs to draw inspiration from, Using Aerosmith, Led Zep, and even 2 Rush songs. I had no idea they were such big fans, but if they really were fans they could have played more of the songs biggrin.gif

This is a great band. They have such a grinding bottom end sound to them. I was always impressed their talent, but never followed the band or its members. I had no idea there were two drummers. Is this always the case?

This video was incredible. Thanks for posting it!!

The song Serenity was all about Neil and Traveling music. They sernt the song to Neil for the OK on it. So whenever you hear that song remember its all about the tragedy that Neil went through and how he recovered.

That's pretty sweet. I like Godsmack because the guitarists tone was as close to the tone I had as anyone I ever heard. I tuned down to drop-D a lot too like they do, I didn't copy them either because I did that way before I ever heard of them.

The funny thing is, I was in a band called "Sluggworth" and our singer was a good drummer also, and I play the drums a little too, so all three of us would play a drum solo, except we would all three play on the same drums at the same time. I know it sounds weird but it really sounded cool. The crowd seemed to enjoy it as long as we didn't do it too long or anything.

The cool thing is about that band is, the drummer also sang good, he did the backups most of the time, and since the singer played drums and the bass player played guitar also, we would all switch a couple times and it sounded like a complete different band. People seemed to dig it so we did it every show.

QUOTE (Dave T. @ Nov 24 2004, 06:07 PM)
I like Godsmack, but I have never bought any of their CD's. Serenity was their best song. I don't think these dudes compare to Neil at all... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I don't think there are trying to. They are good for liking 2.gif though.

QUOTE (pixey @ Nov 24 2004, 08:40 AM)
The song Serenity was all about Neil and Traveling music. They sernt the song to Neil for the OK on it. So whenever you hear that song remember its all about the tragedy that Neil went through and how he recovered.

As I sit here and slowly close my eyes
I take another deep breath
And feel the wind pass through my body
I'm the one in your soul
Reflecting the light
Protect the ones who hold you
Cradling your inner child

It's serenity
In a place where I can hide
I need serenity
Nothing changes, days go by

Where do we go when we just don't know