Which Lightning Strikes song do you prefer?

treeduck

Which Lightning Strikes song do you like?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Lightning Strikes but which one?

• Ozzy Osbourne - Lightning Strikes
    • Judas Priest - Lightning Strike
    • Dokken - Lightnin' Strikes Again
    • Aerosmith - Lightning Strikes

This is killing me. All four are great. Aerosmith being the weakest of the four. OZZY is great too. JAKE BABY!

The Priest song is EPIC, but I have to go with DOKKEN!! The end of this track is just brutal and it highlights some of Don's best vocals. A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's one of Dokken's heavier and faster songs!

Yes Pat!!! The song RULES!!!

Till the Livin' End is great too and in a similar vein off ULAK!

• Like 1

I'm not really a metal guy, so picking a winner was more like a process of elimination. I did listen to all four songs in their entirety.

Right off the bat, Aerosmith without Perry and Whitford isn't Aerosmith, and that song is weak, so it's gone.

Dokken, to me, is typical hair metal (most of which I hate), and that song did nothing to transcend that, so it's gone. (sorry, Earl!)

I was never that into Ozzy, but he was interesting when Randy was there. He's not there on this one, and it sounds like typical hair metal era stuff, so it's gone.

That leaves Preist. Last man standing, yeah, but that song might have won anyway. It's a good tune. I heard a good chunk from that album, and you gotta give it to them, they're delivering solid stuff this late in their career. It sounds like Preist, but it doesn't sound like '80s leftovers.

OMG!!! My "METAL HEART" is broken 73! I can't ACCEPT the fact that you are not into heavy metal!! lol

It's ok my friend, different strokes. DOKKEN RULES!

73 you have always been someone to learn guitar tone from. I am surprised you didn't get into the Ozzy Jake E Lee years. I guess you don't care for Badlands then.

The Priest song is refreshing but you know me, I love the 80's baby!!

Cheers!

• Like 1

This is killing me. All four are great. Aerosmith being the weakest of the four. OZZY is great too. JAKE BABY!

The Priest song is EPIC, but I have to go with DOKKEN!! The end of this track is just brutal and it highlights some of Don's best vocals. A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I LOVE THAT SONG!!

Dude, give me the first four DOKKEN records FOREVER!

"Back For The Attack" is a metal masterpiece. It's 60 minutes plus of perfect hard rock. It was supposed to be a double album but dumbass Elektra Records didn't want to press two cds per case so the dropped the title track "Back For The Attack." A song I LOVE and you can only find it on the Japanese pressing of "The Best Of Dokken!"

• Like 2

I LOVE THAT SONG!!

"Back For The Attack" is a metal masterpiece. It's 60 minutes plus of perfect hard rock. It was supposed to be a double album but dumbass Elektra Records didn't want to press two cds per case so the dropped the title track "Back For The Attack." A song I LOVE and you can only find it on the Japanese pressing of "The Best Of Dokken!"

They put Back For the Attack the song on the Rock Candy edition Earl! I already had the 12 inch single of Dream Warriors which I got back in 1987 or 1988, it's on there, that's how I listened to it back in the day.

• Like 1

I LOVE THAT SONG!!

They put Back For the Attack the song on the Rock Candy edition Earl! I already had the 12 inch single of Dream Warriors which I got back in 1987 or 1988, it's on there, that's how I listened to it back in the day.

Hahaha! I have three copies of the Rock Candy version. All sealed!!! LOL!

• Like 1

I'm not really a metal guy, so picking a winner was more like a process of elimination. I did listen to all four songs in their entirety.

Right off the bat, Aerosmith without Perry and Whitford isn't Aerosmith, and that song is weak, so it's gone.

Dokken, to me, is typical hair metal (most of which I hate), and that song did nothing to transcend that, so it's gone. (sorry, Earl!)

I was never that into Ozzy, but he was interesting when Randy was there. He's not there on this one, and it sounds like typical hair metal era stuff, so it's gone.

That leaves Preist. Last man standing, yeah, but that song might have won anyway. It's a good tune. I heard a good chunk from that album, and you gotta give it to them, they're delivering solid stuff this late in their career. It sounds like Preist, but it doesn't sound like '80s leftovers.

OMG!!! My "METAL HEART" is broken 73! I can't ACCEPT the fact that you are not into heavy metal!! lol

73 you have always been someone to learn guitar tone from. I am surprised you didn't get into the Ozzy Jake E Lee years. I guess you don't care for Badlands then.

Cheers!

Jake's tone on that song was good, actually. Hated George's tone on the Dokken tune. Typical for the hair era, it was wimpy and chorused.

• Like 1

Cheers!

Jake's tone on that song was good, actually. Hated George's tone on the Dokken tune. Typical for the hair era, it was wimpy and chorused.

This is one reason why I chose the Ozzy tune.

Cheers!

Wow!! Ok! I never listened to Lynch's tone like that. I get it.

Yes Jake's tone is amazing. 73, you really might like the three Badlands records. Kick ass hard rock. Not hair metal.

Dang, Lynch is in my top 5 of guitar players.

73, may I ask you something serious about guitar players.

What do you think about Wolf Hoffmann from ACCEPT. I love him. Beautiful tone and classically trained.

• Like 1

Cheers!

You "Son Of A Bitch!" You waited!! Love it. Sorry Pat, I am listening to "Breaker" right now. "Son Of A Bitch" is on right now.

Ugh! I LOVE "THE ULTIMATE SIN!" Masterpiece.

Great Poll. "For Whom The Bell Tolls........"

• Like 2

Cheers!

I can't believe you think George's tone is "wimpy and chorused." Incredible. Mind blown. Heart crushed. lol

• Like 1

Cheers!

You "Son Of A Bitch!" You waited!! Love it. Sorry Pat, I am listening to "Breaker" right now. "Son Of A Bitch" is on right now.

I may change my vote yet, I don't know. Priest may still get it.

• Like 1

Cheers!

I can't believe you think George's tone is "wimpy and chorused." Incredible. Mind blown. Heart crushed. lol

I've no problem with the tone, it's fine. I think it's more Neil Kernon's 80's production values that impact the song.

• Like 1

Cheers!

I may change my vote yet, I don't know. Priest may still get it.

Yeah Pat I thought you were going to pick Priest. I love your pick though. The poll is fair and balanced tonight.

I just don't know Pat. 73 has opened up a can of worms for me.

I have always loved Lynch since I was in high school.

I love his tone and shedding capabilities.

I met Lynch once as he was getting out of a beat up old blue Honda Accord with his girlfriend in Palo Alto before playing at a small club called The Edge.

It was so bizarre you guys. His girlfriend was driving. She pulls up next to the back of the venue. My buddy and I walked right by the car.

We see this homeless guy without a shirt on get out of the car holding an ESP guitar. It was George Lynch! We said hello to him and he was cool and waved back to us.

I saw Lynch Mob once by my house and he ripped the joint into cinders. Incredible.

• Like 1

Cheers!

I've no problem with the tone, it's fine. I think it's more Neil Kernon's 80's production values that impact the song.

That's incredible. I didn't think about the production values. If Ted Templeman produced the first four DOKKEN records would they be better?

• Like 1

It's amazing how many record producers of the 70's and 80's were from England working on all these American albums.

Well that is true although my knowledge about this is not as strong as yours Pat.

All I can say is.....

"Hail To England!"

Love,

MANOWAR

It's amazing how many record producers of the 70's and 80's were from England working on all these American albums.

Well that is true although my knowledge about this is not as strong as yours Pat.

All I can say is.....

"Hail To England!"

Love,

MANOWAR

Well almost every producer RUSH ever had was English, especially in the 70's and 80's with Terry Brown, Peter Collins, Rupert Hine and Paul Northfield. And then there's Neil Kernon, Mike Stone, Roy Thomas Baker, Martin Birch, Rodger Bain, Chris Tsangarides, James Guthrie, Tom Allom, Trevor Horn, Andy Johns, Eddy Offord. And these are just the ones that I can think of right now.

• Like 1

Cheers!

That's incredible. I didn't think about the production values. If Ted Templeman produced the first four DOKKEN records would they be better?

Well I would say so. Listen to the difference between the first 6 Van Halen albums and 5150.

• Like 1

All I can say is.....

"Hail To England!"

Love,

MANOWAR

Well almost every producer RUSH ever had was English, especially in the 70's and 80's with Terry Brown, Peter Collins, Rupert Hine and Paul Northfield. And then there's Neil Kernon, Mike Stone, Roy Thomas Baker, Martin Birch, Rodger Bain, Chris Tsangarides, James Guthrie, Tom Allom, Trevor Horn, Andy Johns, Eddy Offord. And these are just the ones that I can think of right now.

You amaze me.

• Like 1

Cheers!

Well I would say so. Listen to the difference between the first 6 Van Halen albums and 5150.

Yes Pat. I brainwashed myself with "5150" when I was in high school but the album is all treble and no bass. It's pure shit like all the Van Hagar albums.

But I do tolerate them because I love Eddie, Michael and Alex.

Just like "And Justice For All." A great record with no bass. Sucks balls Pat. Cat balls.

• Like 1

Cheers!

Yes Pat. I brainwashed myself with "5150" when I was in high school but the album is all treble and no bass. It's pure shit like all the Van Hagar albums.

Just like "And Justice For All." A great record with no bass. Sucks balls Pat. Cat balls.

"Cat calls.. pun intended."

Give me "Tommy The Cat" Pat!

"Sailing The Seas Of Cheese" is well produced.

Cheers!

Donn Landee just didn't cut the mustard as more than just a good engineer.

Cheers!

Right. On 5150 and OU812, Eddie abandoned the usual recording techniques from the six DLR era albums -- a raw guitar-amp sound -- and went with the chorused and processed sound a lot of the hair metal guys were going with.in the '80s. It was very disappointing.

• Like 3