Earl's "Fast Hit" Polls Continue! Which Def Leppard Album Do You Love The Most? "ON THROUGH THE NIGHT" VS. "HIGH 'N' DRY!" I'm "WASTED!"

RUSHHEAD666

"Lady Strange:" "Sorrow Is A Woman"  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Def Leppard Masterpiece Do You Love The Most?????????

• "On Through The Night"
    • "High 'n' Dry"

I've been in a Def Leppard Frenzy thanks to the big stadium tour coming up! I know many of you will rip the tour and I understand it. I think Vince and Mick should retire, but alas I will always support the bands I love regards of their "Rock Of Ages." Did I just type that?

Anyway, let's make this fast! I've been doing random "Fast Hit Polls" on here for years! Even as I type endlessly "On Through The Night." I always seem to wake up "High'n' Dry."

So which album is it? Which one do you love the most????

It's always been "High 'n' Dry" for me but tonight it's going to change......

"On Through The Night" is it for me!! I mean seriously. Every time I hear the song "When The Walls Came Tumbling Down" or "Overture" I think of something off of "Caress Of Steel!!" NWMOFBHM! "New World Man" Of British Heavy Metal! Lol

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2

I've been in a Def Leppard Frenzy thanks to the big stadium tour coming up! I know many of you will rip the tour and I understand it. I think Vince and Mick should retire, but alas I will always support the bands I love regards of their "Rock Of Ages." Did I just type that?

Anyway, let's make this fast! I've been doing random "Fast Hit Polls" on here for years! Even as I type endlessly "On Through The Night." I always seem to wake up "High N Dry."

It's always been "High N Dry" for me but tonight it's going to change......

"On Through The Night" is it for me!! I mean seriously. Every time I hear the song "When The Walls Came Tumbling Down" or "Overture" I think of something off of "Caress Of Steel!!" NWMOFBHM! "New World Man" Of British Heavy Metal! Lol

High N Dry they really hit it out of the park with that one, great songs, great riffs, all ass kicking stuff.

• Like 1

Earl, I've never listened to a Def Leppard album, I've only listened to the singles!

I think I might cry tonight.

I'm "High 'n' gonna Cry. LOL!

Young Metal Son. Please get....

"On Through The Night"

"High 'n' Dry"

"Pyromania"

Even if my threads and polls shit the bed on here it doesn't matter as long as I can get to just one Rush Forum Member on here.

• Like 2

Also I've just had my mind blown today listening to Al Di Meola!

Now I am going to sob. LOL!!

You are young and discovering music is endless.......

PLEASE!!!!

GET EVERY AL DI ALBUM ON CBS RECORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must get "FRIDAY NIGHT IN SAN FRANCISCO LIVE!" AL DI MEOLA JOHN McLAUGHLIN & PACO de LUCIA!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Anyway, let's make this fast! I've been doing random "Fast Hit Polls" on here for years! Even as I type endlessly "On Through The Night." I always seem to wake up "High N Dry."

High N Dry they really hit it out of the park with that one, great songs, great riffs, all ass kicking stuff.

I know buddy! Hence this poll! It's tough! Both albums are perfect masterpieces for my ears.

We can type about Al Di or Def Lep or even Led Zep for all I care! Music Of The Spheres. The Fusion Of Fantastic Music must be embraced. FUKK THE RULES OF FORUM ETIQUETTE! LOL!

• Like 2

Earl, I've never listened to a Def Leppard album, I've only listened to the singles!

"On Through The Night"

"High 'n' Dry"

"Pyromania"

Even if my threads and polls shit the bed on here it doesn't matter as long as I can get to just one Rush Forum Member on here.

And he may as well get Hysteria and a final step would be to add Adrenalize which features this tune:

• Like 2

I know buddy! Hence this poll! It's tough! Both albums are perfect masterpieces for my ears.

We can type about Al Di or Def Lep or even Led Zep for all I care! Music Of The Spheres. The Fusion Of Fantastic Music must be embraced. FUKK THE RULES OF FORUM ETIQUETTE! LOL!

Ever wake up with a guitar under your pillow Earl? No? Well that day is coming! What can it mean??

• Like 1

Just getting into him?

I got Elegant Gypsy a little while back but never gave it a full and proper listen, or else it didn't really sink in. Well amazingly, all I needed to hear to be hooked was Mediterranean Sundance. I decided to put that on earlier and proceeded to find a live version then try to learn the first few little riffs on my acoustic (and I snapped a string trying to tune the thing up). Yes just getting into him, very very excited to hear more!

• Like 2

"On Through The Night"

"High 'n' Dry"

"Pyromania"

I will! I just don't know when, but I will!

• Like 1

PLEASE!!!!

You must get "FRIDAY NIGHT IN SAN FRANCISCO LIVE!" AL DI MEOLA JOHN McLAUGHLIN & PACO de LUCIA!!!!!!!

I just bought that one with my new guitar strings I had to order!

• Like 2

Just getting into him?

I got Elegant Gypsy a little while back but never gave it a full and proper listen, or else it didn't really sink in. Well amazingly, all I needed to hear to be hooked was Mediterranean Sundance. I decided to put that on earlier and proceeded to find a live version then try to learn the first few little riffs on my acoustic (and I snapped a string trying to tune the thing up). Yes just getting into him, very very excited to hear more!

Yeah you can't go wrong with that. And there's lots of later stuff you can get into as well...like this one from 1991:

• Like 1

PLEASE!!!!

Nice.

• Like 1

"On Through The Night"

"High 'n' Dry"

"Pyromania"

And he may as well get Hysteria and a final step would be to add Adrenalize which features this tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkQp7DuX2cY

Pat!!!! I know we are on a public forum and not in a pm mode. You truly are my METAL BROTHER!!! You just read my mind for the 2112th time!!

YESSSSSSS!!!

As I do confess with a quick recap of a funny Def Leppard story I must say "HYSTERIA" is a great. "ADRENALIZE" IS EVEN BETTER! DUDE!!! "White Lightning" is a frigging masterpiece!!!!! RIP STEVE CLARK!! GENIUS!!! JMO!

Ok, so for you Def Leppard freaks.

It was on some hot summer night in Walnut Creek California. It was on the actually night when Def Leppard's "Hysteria" album was released at TOWER at midnight!

My parents and brother were in Hawaii so I had my buddy Jeff over to BBQ and just chill by the pool. We counted down the hours to go to TOWER for the new DEF LEP release.

We jumped in my car at 11:30 pm and raced to the record store!

There was a line outside the door to obtain this new album. LP, cassette, or something called a compact disc. Only two years since it was put on the market. Do you know the first cd pressed in the USA? 1985. Dire Straits. "Brothers In Arms."

Anyway back then I had a kick ass Alpine cassette stereo in my car. I bought the cassette and the cd. We jumped in the car and put in the cassette. "Women" seemed ok upon first listen. By then I was on the freeway heading home going 80 MPH.

But then "ROCKET" came on. The fake fukking electronic drums and over synth shit turned my stomach and my buddy's too.

Now you know I jump to hasty conclusions and I overreact way too quickly to stuff. LOL! Duh! For those of you who know me so well on here you get it.

So half way during "ROCKET" my buddy and I look at each other and just laugh at what shit this song is.

I instantly rolled down my window at 80 MPH ejected the cassette and threw it into the K wall along the freeway. The plastic piece of poop was shattered into 625 pieces! Get it Def Leppard Freaks? Switch 625. LOL

Anyway of course I still had the sealed cd in my car.

When we got home we decided to give it a full spin and yep, of course I fell in love with it.

Just like "Appetite For Destruction." My same buddy and I hated that record after one complete listen. But then..... BOOM! Masterpiece.

• Like 2

Ever wake up with a guitar under your pillow Earl? No? Well that day is coming! What can it mean??

HAHAHAHA!! That really could happen soon! I have many guitars to sleep with but have passed.

I will confess that the night before I recorded that four track ep with my nephew I slept with my Neil Peart 747 signature sticks.

Yes Pat. I used Neil Peart 747s on that ep as well as my Stewart Copeland snare. I got a really good popping snare sound on that record.

Listening to "Chinatown" right now. Jesus, another masterpiece.

Pat we should start our own worldwide music forum with live podcasts.

• Like 2

PLEASE!!!!

YOU RULE!!!!!

• Like 1

"On Through The Night"

"High 'n' Dry"

"Pyromania"

Pat!!!! I know we are on a public forum and not in a pm mode. You truly are my METAL BROTHER!!! You just read my mind for the 2112th time!!

YESSSSSSS!!!

As I do confess with a quick recap of a funny Def Leppard story I must say "HYSTERIA" is a great. "ADRENALIZE" IS EVEN BETTER! DUDE!!! "White Lightning" is a frigging masterpiece!!!!! RIP STEVE CLARK!! GENIUS!!! JMO!

It was on some hot summer night in Walnut Creek California. It was on the actually night when Def Leppard's "Hysteria" album was released at TOWER at midnight!

My parents and brother were in Hawaii so I had my buddy Jeff over to BBQ and just chill by the pool. We counted down the hours to go to TOWER for the new DEF LEP release.

There was a line outside the door to obtain this new album. LP, cassette, or something called a compact disc. Only two years since it was put on the market. Do you know the first cd pressed in the USA? 1985. Dire Straits. "Brothers In Arms."

Anyway back then I had a kick ass Alpine cassette stereo in my car. I bought the cassette and the cd. We jumped in the car and put in the cassette. "Women" seemed ok upon first listen. By then I was on the freeway heading home going 80 MPH.

But then "ROCKET" came on. The fake fukking electronic drums and over synth shit turned my stomach and my buddy's too.

Now you know I jump to hasty conclusions and I overreact way too quickly to stuff. LOL! Duh! For those of you who know me so well on here you get it.

So half way during "ROCKET" my buddy and I look at each other and just laugh at what shit this song is.

I instantly rolled down my window at 80 MPH ejected the cassette and threw it into the K wall along the freeway. The plastic piece of poop was shattered into 625 pieces! Get it Def Leppard Freaks? Switch 625. LOL

When we got home we decided to give it a full spin and yep, of course I fell in love with it.

Just like "Appetite For Destruction." My same buddy and I hated that record after one complete listen. But then..... BOOM! Masterpiece.

Cool story Earl!

And in those days, the 80's, 4 years between albums was like an eternity! If a band went more than two years without making the next album in the 80's people thought you were dead. SO yeah a 4 year wait back then was like about 20 nowadays!

• Like 1

HAHAHAHA!! That really could happen soon! I have many guitars to sleep with but have passed.

I will confess that the night before I recorded that four track ep with my nephew I slept with my Neil Peart 747 signature sticks.

Yes Pat. I used Neil Peart 747s on that ep as well as my Stewart Copeland snare. I got a really good popping snare sound on that record.

Or radio show!

• Like 1

"On Through The Night"

"High 'n' Dry"

"Pyromania"

YESSSSSSS!!!

Cool story Earl!

And in those days, the 80's, 4 years between albums was like an eternity! If a band went more than two years without making the next album in the 80's people thought you were dead. SO yeah a 4 year wait back then was like about 20 nowadays!

Thank you buddy! That story is so fresh in my rushhead like it was yesterday. It's true! I remember the hype with "Third Stage" by BOSTON too. At first I thought the album was weak, but then again I fell in love it and saw the tour back to back nights in Oakland.

I see my own impatient pattern here with music. I think I just expect the album to jive with my brain instantly but some albums need time I suppose.

I really don't know how bands did that with the record company pressure.

No need to type about RUSH and how they did it before they could call their own shots.

But Pat how did these bands do it?

Priest?

ACCEPT?

RATT?

BLACK N BLUE three albums in a row.

VANDENBERG three albums in a row.

VAN HALEN first six.

PINK FLOYD

RYCHE

Blah blah blah.

You get the drift.

It's incredible to me.

• Like 1

Or radio show!

EVEN BETTER!

In California our radio stations start out with a K!

Let's name our radio station KYYZ!!!!

A sexual meaning with KY jelly meets my favorite Rush instrumental! LOL! Hmmmmmmmmmmm. "Cum" to think of it, I like this idea! LOL!!!!

"Cum On Feel The Noize!"

Signed,

SLADE