• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 psionic11

psionic11

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 785 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:16 PM

We've all seen good to fair Rush tribute bands.  In all the cover bands I've personally been in that do Rush, and with all the other bands that I've seen do Rush, there is always a certain rock edge but a general struggle to get through the song. This one is fresh, smooth, innovative, and, and dare I say, emotional (check out The Pass).  Smooth Brazilian female vocals (Gabby), all instruments and production by one awesome dude (Celo).  As Rush in Rio testifies, much love for Rush in Brazil.

https://www.youtube....next hemisphere

Fleesh is a Brazilian Rock project formed by Gabby Vessoni and Celo Oliveira.

"The Next Hemisphere" - a Rush Tribute, released on October 2017 available in all digital platforms for buying and streaming. (iTunes, Deezer, Amazon, Google Play and Spotify) Recorded, mixed and mastered by Celo Oliveira at Kolera Home Studio.  Artwork by Gabby Vessoni

Playlist:

The Garden
The Pass
Bravado
Mission
The Trees
Here Again
Losing It
The Way the Wind Blows
Resist
Tears
Nobody's Hero
Closer to the Heart
The Stars Look Down
Limelight

Note that many of these are the "Rush ballads", so don't expect metal or hard rock versions like Halestorm or Sebastian Bach's stuff, Respect.

Sponsored Post

#2 grasbo

grasbo

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • Interests:Music,playing guitar,collecting models,recording,football,cricket,op shopping,chilli,garlic,anchovies,wasabi,mustard,oysters,mussells,beer,war gaming,model railroading,positive people,goldfish

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:57 PM

I will give them ten for effort and it is very well done. I won't criticize them too much because it's a labour of love but my life loved it .Interesting to hear a female vocal interpration and choice of songs.Haven't heard the whole album yet.

#3 maplelevy

maplelevy

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Play tennis, softball and golf, ice hockey fan, raising 4 kids, 2 cats, 1 dog and 1 wife

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:02 PM

Thought "The Pass" was beautifully done by both artists; Resist not quite as good. Look forward to listening to the others!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: album The Next Hemisphere, Fleesh, tribute

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users