The 2017-18 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

Fell asleep 3rd quarter

This is how you usually get your rest on a Sunday isn't it?

Depends which game. The saints make me sleep like a baby

Especially when the Bucs get beat by them. You need the sleep of the coma victim then...

• Like 1

Fell asleep 3rd quarter

Especially when the Bucs get beat by them. You need the sleep of the coma victim then...

1-1 last year. Bucs 2nd place, saints 3rd. Sleep well

Fell asleep 3rd quarter

1-1 last year. Bucs 2nd place, saints 3rd. Sleep well

I never sleep! :AlienSmiley:

Fell asleep 3rd quarter

My wife got 10 seconds of fame once many, many, many years ago. We were at the game, the Bucs were getting a good pasting from the Packers (who at the time was a division rival) my lovely had her head on my shoulder and eyes closed like she was sleeping. I look up and there we are on the "Jumbotron" by the time I got her attention so she could see how good she looked there was another scene. Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Well so far I am really enjoying the Hard Knocks series. I got the free trial month of HBO GO. I watched episode 3 last night. I really enjoy the subject matter (duh :LOL: ), the storyy lines and mosst of all the candidness of the whole production. I am hoping there will be a full season bluray released after the conclusion for all us diehard Bucs fans. On another note getting pumped up about taking my 8yr old granddaughter to her very 1st football game this Saturday night when the Bucs host the Browns of Cleveland.

Go Bucs! :madra:

• Like 1

Well so far I am really enjoying the Hard Knocks series. I got the free trial month of HBO GO. I watched episode 3 last night. I really enjoy the subject matter (duh :LOL: ), the storyy lines and mosst of all the candidness of the whole production. I am hoping there will be a full season bluray released after the conclusion for all us diehard Bucs fans. On another note getting pumped up about taking my 8yr old granddaughter to her very 1st football game this Saturday night when the Bucs host the Browns of Cleveland.

That's brave of you. I find the average fan at the games I've been to drunk and obscene.

• Like 1

That's brave of you. I find the average fan at the games I've been to drunk and obscene.

It should be a little less rowdy than a regular season game. But it will be the closest thin to a game that actually counts and the starters will play about 3 quarters. It should be a blast.

Go Bucs!:madra:

Well after last nights dare I say game I have come to the conclusion that although there has been speculation on how much depth we have if key starters are out the Bucs will struggle. The officials still suck. My graddaughter had a blast at her 1st Bucs game less the loss. Thank God it's only preseason.

Yeah I know teams do not want to "show" too much and they really do not "game plan" for preseason but you would hope they would want to put a good effort rather than a lackluster one for the home crowd. Especially us ole die hards that will sit the whole game in the rain to cheer them on. Oh and my granddaughter was an absolute trooper never once complaining about the weather conditions but she was very upset with the loss.

Yeah I know teams do not want to "show" too much and they really do not "game plan" for preseason but you would hope they would want to put a good effort rather than a lackluster one for the home crowd. Especially us ole die hards that will sit the whole game in the rain to cheer them on. Oh and my granddaughter was an absolute trooper never once complaining about the weather conditions but she was very upset with the loss.

I don't expect secrets but it would be nice if the offensive line could protect the qb long enough to make a throw. The secondary made some nice plays but I still don't have much faith in the running backs with Martin out on suspension.

• Like 1

Well Cutter said it best when asked about keeping all the "good" plays under cloak. "Well of course you're not going to pull out the whole playbook for preseason but you still need to execute the plays that are called and we did not execute!" Regarding the Online with two starters out it seems the to point out the thing most neglected during then off season might just come back and bite the ole Bucs booty. That is definitely one of my concerns during free agency and draft.. Only time will tell and hopefully the Online ones can stay healthy all season :scared:

• Like 1

Well I am very happy preseason is done and over with! Really looking forward to an exciting season. Interesting move picking up T.J. Ward after being released by the Bronco's. only one Buc Jeremy McNichols picked (reportedly by the 9'ers) up after it was clear the Bucs had no interest in bringing him back for the practice squad. Jeremy was our 5th round running back picj and seemed to struggle learning the play book. It does seem that a few of the rookie story lines on Hard Knocks will make it to the practice squad. Bucs regular season kick off less than 7 days away :yay:

Well now the ole Bucs are stuck with a week 1 bye. I know safety of players and fans were a priority and that is how it should be. It is the intagibles (which I normally love intangibles) that concern me. Of the 3 teams that had week one byes ( SD, CIN & ARZ) the best record obtained was 7-9 by ARZ. 16 consecutive weeks makes a long season very long. Gotta love coach Cutter's answer when he was asked repeatedly if he thought the decision would help or hinder his squad. " I really do not know" That is 11 weeks away!" If we get there and we're 10-0 yes I think it's gonna be a great thing. On the flip side if we're 0-10 there might be someone else answering your questions" So now hosting CHI 10/17 is not only the home opener but the season opener as well. Hopefully Da Bears will be 0-1. I know the house will be rockin. I will of course be there. I am dissapointed in the delay as I was so looking forward to the start of the season. But in the end for all involved I think the right decision was made. So here's to waiting one more week for Buc ball but at least there will be regular season football to watch starting tonight.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

A lottle bit of rust displayed today but overall a solid effort for a good victory.

Too bad no shut out but I guess you can't have everything :LOL:

Go Bucs :madra:

Edit;

And for some strange reason the canon's never made BOOM sounds today! Very strange as it seemed some of the uniqueness of RayJay was a miss...

:huh:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

A lottle bit of rust displayed today but overall a solid effort for a good victory.

Too bad no shut out but I guess you can't have everything :LOL:

Go Bucs :madra:

Edit;

And for some strange reason the canon's never made BOOM sounds today! Very strange as it seemed some of the uniqueness of RayJay was a miss...

:huh:

Congrats on a laugher of a win. It will be enjoyable to listen to the hockey hating Chicago media blowing their heads off after this debacle. :drool:

I was out all day so I missed the entire game. Not going to win very many games with those turnovers. They seem to have the same affliction the rays do; convincing themselves they’re better than they really are.
  • Like 1