Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 17145 posts
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

Posted Image
T-Minus 8 Daze Til the start of training camp!
Big Score today! I got this official retired flag runners flag today. This was used during Bucs Games during pregame, intermission and of course scoring events (hope to see a bunch of those this season) I am so stoaked as I have been trying to get my hands on one of these gems for some time now to fly on my "Game Day Battle Wagon". I cannot go into detail on social media of how this all transpired but I can say there are some awesome peeps in the Bucs organization! With the start of training camp 8 days away and the 2017-18 season just around the corner my excitement is building at a good clip. If the season started tomorrow it wouldn't be soon enough! Go Bucs!

Sponsored Post

#42 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 17145 posts
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:58 PM

T-Minus 4 Daze only 4 more DAZE!!!! :yay: :cheerleader: :yay: :cheerleader: :yay:

#43 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 17145 posts
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:03 PM

T-Minus 2 Daze Till the start if the 2017-18 Bucs training camp. The rookies reported yesterday. The Veterans report tomorrow. Things ate getting ready to really start ramping up! I will be there Friday! Also I will be attending the exclusive (for season pass holders only) practice in 08/08 and probably try to catch as many if the Saturday practices as possible. In some roster news,, Jacquies Smith was placed on the Active PUP (physically unable to perform) list. Hopefully he will be ready and good to go before camp ends. PUP is not like IR as players on PUP can be put in at a moments notice and still count as 1 on the 90 man (preseason) roster.
GO Bucs! :madra:

#44 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 17145 posts
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

It's here! It's here STraining Camp Day 1 :yay:
Things looked pretty good out there today and you gotta love coaches down to earth assessment "Looks like we had not practiced for about 6 weeks! Too many balls and body's on the ground" There was also some excitement when Gerald McCoy broke threw the line and actually made contact with orange jerseied QB Jamis Winston. Contact with a QB in underware football practice a no no!.Gerald did make a comment regarding the glare he got from Cutter he was expecting to "get called into the principals office. Can't wait till the pads go on!!

#45 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15995 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:27 AM

View PostCrimsonmistymemory, on 28 July 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

Things looked pretty good out there today and you gotta love coaches down to earth assessment "Looks like we had not practiced for about 6 weeks! Too many balls and body's on the ground" There was also some excitement when Gerald McCoy broke threw the line and actually made contact with orange jerseied QB Jamis Winston. Contact with a QB in underware football practice a no no!.Gerald did make a comment regarding the glare he got from Cutter he was expecting to "get called into the principals office. Can't wait till the pads go on!!
Nice.  I like how the bucs assess the players unlike the rays. They act like their opening day starter is Clayton Keyshaw every year and they aren't even close.

Edited by Ancient Ways, 29 July 2017 - 07:27 AM.

#46 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 17145 posts
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:24 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 29 July 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

View PostCrimsonmistymemory, on 28 July 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

Nice.  I like how the bucs assess the players unlike the rays. They act like their opening day starter is Clayton Keyshaw every year and they aren't even close.
Full Pads tomorrow! No more underwear football! Now we will start to see where this squad is in perpetration and physicality! 1st preseason game right around the corner CIN VS TB 08/11/17
GO BUCS!  :madra:

#47 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15995 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:21 PM

This is happening too fast

#48 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 17145 posts
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:44 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 30 July 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

This is happening too fast
Yes Yes things are moving along at a good clip :lol: I was at camp today and saw a lot of good stuff! It is absolutely amazing how fast O J Howard &  Deshawn Jackson are at full speed. Two excellent acquisitions indeed. Defense and O-line really seemed to enjoy getting back to how they earn their $$$. Especially some fine moments of "welcome to the NFL" memories dished out to some rookies today. I am sure many more of those yet to come as the fun of hitting ones own teammate will lose it's luster quickly. The opportunity to hit someone else is only a mere 11 days (+ - an hour or 2) away.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory, 31 July 2017 - 09:45 PM.

#49 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 17145 posts
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

The Premier of HBO's series Hard Knocks starts tonight. I do not have cable any more however I am going to subscribe for the trial month of "HBO GO" so I can watch it via streaming. On another note I had an awsome time at the season ticket holders exclusive practice today. The team seems really fired up and ready to go. A scary moment Gerald McCoy went to the sideline writhing in pain due to a possible forearm/hand injury :o Thankfully he was back in a few series later. I hope all is well with him. Once again OJ Howard was most impressive! What a beast of a specimen. 1st preseason game in 3 days!
Go BUCS!!! :madra:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory, 08 August 2017 - 03:08 PM.

#50 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15995 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:44 PM

Saw the first epi of hard knocks tonight.  Never seen it before.  Not too bad.  Sure was a lot of gruden in it

Edited by Ancient Ways, 10 August 2017 - 06:17 AM.

#51 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 17145 posts
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:54 AM

I got to watch on NFL.com I hope the stream all the episodes in that manner. I really enjoyed the show. Especually the "rookie singing" portion. Looking forward to Friday to see some actual game situation play.
Go Bucs!:madra:

#52 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 17145 posts
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:07 PM

Well here we go our 1st look at "real game" situational football :lol: tonight against the Bengals of Cincinnati.
NFL experts have our Bucs at a power ranking at 10. I am trying not to let all the media hoopla love go to me head. This is just the beginning of a long season. I do believe though it is the beginning of great things to come!
Go Bucs! :madra:

#53 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 17145 posts
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

Hmmmmm seems like good ole Bucs ball for sure :lol:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory, 11 August 2017 - 08:39 PM.

#54 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 69669 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:13 PM

Second round pick in 16 draft is gone.

Kicker, yes, kicker Roberto Aguayo is no longer a Buc.

#55 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 17145 posts
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:01 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 12 August 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

Yep Aguio was the culmination of errors from conception to completion. This will probably go down as the biggest GM bust for Buccaneers (& possibly the entire NFL)!
Trading up to pick a kicker in the 2nd round...
Immediately releasing the proven veteran (Connor Barth) immediately after signing Aguio...
Not providing any competition during last years camp for the new Kicker...
Not making this decision sooner as Aguio left far too many points on the field some that would've won more than one game last season and get the Bucs into to playoffs.
Now comes the time for us Bucs fans wait and see if Buc lore is at hand. This would be where ever Aguio lands he becomes the elite NFL kicker and comes back to haunt his ex team ;-) (I have seen it happen too many times before)
I do not wish I'll will on the kid I just wish Jason & Dirk did think the whole thing through a bit more.
Up next the Jaguars of Jacksonville. A nationally televized event.
Hopefully last nights performance have brought this squad out of the clouds and set their feet back on earth. With all the new media love and attention it is good for this team to realize they can be beat. My grades for last night
1st string offense - C
1st string defense - C-
2nd string offense - C+
2nd string defense - D-
3rd string O& D- C
Coaching- C
Kicking/Special Teams - F (Not to include Punting & Nick Folk - B)

#56 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15995 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:05 PM

Only a matter of time.  Still don't know what they ever saw in the guy to waste that pick on him.  Something happened his senior year at fsu and he hasn't been the same since.  They should have got him a sports psychologist last year early in the season.  Helped John smoltz a ton back in the day.

#57 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 69669 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:06 PM

View PostCrimsonmistymemory, on 12 August 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

Yep Aguio was the culmination of errors from conception to completion. This will probably go down as the biggest GM bust for Buccaneers (& possibly the entire NFL)!
Trading up to pick a kicker in the 2nd round...
Immediately releasing the proven veteran (Connor Barth) immediately after signing Aguio...
Not providing any competition during last years camp for the new Kicker...
Not making this decision sooner as Aguio left far too many points on the field some that would've won more than one game last season and get the Bucs into to playoffs.
Now comes the time for us Bucs fans wait and see if Buc lore is at hand. This would be where ever Aguio lands he becomes the elite NFL kicker and comes back to haunt his ex team ;-) (I have seen it happen too many times before)
I do not wish I'll will on the kid I just wish Jason & Dirk did think the whole thing through a bit more.
Up next the Jaguars of Jacksonville. A nationally televized event.
Hopefully last nights performance have brought this squad out of the clouds and set their feet back on earth. With all the new media love and attention it is good for this team to realize they can be beat. My grades for last night
1st string offense - C
1st string defense - C-
2nd string offense - C+
2nd string defense - D-
3rd string O& D- C
Coaching- C
Kicking/Special Teams - F (Not to include Punting & Nick Folk - B)
https://en.m.wikiped...erican_football)
This guy was worse, a first round pick, who missed more than half his FGs and just under 20% of his XPs, from the old placement point, but Aguayo was pretty bad, too.

#58 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 69669 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:07 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 12 August 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

Only a matter of time.  Still don't know what they ever saw in the guy to waste that pick on him.  Something happened his senior year at fsu and he hasn't been the same since.  They should have got him a sports psychologist last year early in the season.  Helped John smoltz a ton back in the day.

Agree.   Kicking is so much more mental than any other portion of the game.   Kind of like the yips for a golfer.

#59 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15995 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:15 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 12 August 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 12 August 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

Agree.   Kicking is so much more mental than any other portion of the game.   Kind of like the yips for a golfer.
He did get some help in the offseason from someone but too little, too late obviously.  He is a good example of statistics versus trends.  Statistics say he was the most accurate kicker in NCAA history.  The trend shows he was an 80% fg kicker in 2015.  He was so good in 13, 14 it overshadowed 15 and then we got 16 where he got worse and became a 70% NFL guy.

#60 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

Testing the Fences

• Members *
  • 17145 posts
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:58 PM

Hopefully last weeks loss will have brought some grounding for this preseason squad. Bucs have been practicing jointly with to tomorrow's opponents. Things have been reported to be a little on the chippie side of things. I am looking forward to see more of the 1st strings. My Son says that I am crazy for only giving the 1st string a grade of C as they made a 90+ yard drive. I explained to him if they had made a TD my ( :finbar: ) grade would've been much higher.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory, 16 August 2017 - 10:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users