Larger Bowl Part II Looking For bass.

hunter

So as not to totally hijack the other Larger Bowl thread here:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=39123&st=120

I noticed their guitarist went on vacation so...

I thought I'd start a new one.

I "borrowed" wink.gif CygnusX-1Bk2's drum part and put a some guitar parts to it.

It's not prefect and was a little noisy around the house this weekend to record the real acoustic but not for nothing, here it is. If anyone wants to add the bass part I'll upload the wav file.

Thanks for looking, and er, umm, listening.

The Larger Bowl- Drums and guitar mp3

trink39.gif

QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 6 2008, 01:15 PM)

I "borrowed" wink.gif CygnusX-1Bk2's drum part and put a some guitar parts to it.

It's not prefect and was a little noisy around the house this weekend to record the real acoustic but not for nothing, here it is. If anyone wants to add the bass part I'll upload the wav file.

trink39.gif

I would play bass, but I currantly lack a computer. Tarkus or rushbass may be interested.

QUOTE (rushringleader @ Jul 6 2008, 12:02 PM)

I "borrowed"  wink.gif  CygnusX-1Bk2's drum part and put a some guitar parts to it.

It's not prefect and was a little noisy around the house this weekend to record the real acoustic but not for nothing, here it is. If anyone wants to add the bass part I'll upload the wav  file.

trink39.gif

I would play bass, but I currantly lack a computer. Tarkus or rushbass may be interested.

Thanks man.

Currently lack a computer? Wait a minute. you're online? ...Hmmm... laugh.gif

I think some bass player out there won't stand for an empty bottom end. biggrin.gif

If not I may have to dust off the old Squire II p bass and see if ican do it, though I'd rather not. unsure.gif

Hey Hunter, that sounds great - good job!

Sure, I can play the bass part if you like... just point me where to download the separate tracks (drums, guitars) in wav, and I will lay down a separate individual bass track as well. Is there also a "click track" available?

Let me know... trink39.gif

Hey yeah. Thanks. I don't have the guitars exported seperately just because it would bw like 2 or three 40MB files. I do have this same thing in a 16 bit wav file here:

http://www.trfmusicians.com/media/uhp2/mus...nd_Drums_16.wav

It's about a 43 MB download. In the other larger bowl thread, pg 6 about half way down, Cygnus posted the drum parts. He has one with the hi hat as a click track and one without.

I basically put it in my software along with the actual song mp3 and synced them up to record to. The tempo is 125 BPM. If you can do the bass part that'd be awesome. If you really need the guitar parts seperated out let me know but if you can upload a Bass wav file I'll mix it up and you tell me if you like it or not. What do you think?

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 6 2008, 04:52 PM)
QUOTE (rushringleader @ Jul 6 2008, 12:02 PM)

I "borrowed"  wink.gif  CygnusX-1Bk2's drum part and put a some guitar parts to it.

It's not prefect and was a little noisy around the house this weekend to record the real acoustic but not for nothing, here it is. If anyone wants to add the bass part I'll upload the wav  file.

trink39.gif

Thanks man.

Currently lack a computer? Wait a minute. you're online? ...Hmmm... laugh.gif

I think some bass player out there won't stand for an empty bottom end. biggrin.gif

If not I may have to dust off the old Squire II p bass and see if ican do it, though I'd rather not. unsure.gif

I am on a PS3

QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 6 2008, 05:45 PM)
Hey yeah. Thanks. I don't have the guitars exported seperately just because it would bw like 2 or three 40MB files. I do have this same thing in a 16 bit wav file here:

http://www.trfmusicians.com/media/uhp2/mus...nd_Drums_16.wav

It's about a 43 MB download. In the other larger bowl thread, pg 6 about half way down, Cygnus posted the drum parts. He has one with the hi hat as a click track and one without.
I basically put it in my software along with the actual song mp3 and synced them up to record to. The tempo is 125 BPM. If you can do the bass part that'd be awesome. If you really need the guitar parts seperated out let me know but if you can upload a Bass wav file I'll mix it up and you tell me if you like it or not. What do you think?
biggrin.gif

I rehearsed / played around with it tonight, and had a little trouble staying exactly in sync without an actual click-track in the mix... I think if I had the guitar(s) separate from the drum track, I could mix it different, bringing the drums more out front and stay with it better...

BTW, I just learned the bass part tonight (first time I've ever played it)... ohmy.gif So that might have something to do with my sync troubles... it should be better tomorrow, when I go through it all again.

I will play around more with it tomorrow... if you can provide some additional separate tracks, again I think that may help... trink39.gif

QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 8 2008, 04:48 PM)
While waiting for the bass part I threw on a bad one and some vocals. I would never claim to be singer so listen at your own risk. blush4.gif

Larger Lid - a cover

That was excellent! Your not bad of a singer either. How did you play the last bass fill? It sounds cliser then my way.

Thanks. biggrin.gif You mean the bass fill right before the solo? It might be closer but it's still not quite right. it's just a hammer on pull off between the 7th and 9th frets on the G string and a scale down to C.

While waiting for the bass part I threw on a bad one and some vocals. I would never claim to be singer so listen at your own risk.  blush4.gif

Larger Lid - a cover

Hey Hunter, it all sounds good! trink39.gif

I guess you don't need my bass part now... wink.gif

I do have what I call a "working" bass part for you to download and see what you think - I'll pm you a link to download...

Let me know if you like the sound / tone, levels, etc, and if so, I'll give it another record and polish it up a bit.

Edited by rushbass

QUOTE (rushbass @ Jul 8 2008, 05:49 PM)
While waiting for the bass part I threw on a bad one and some vocals. I would never claim to be singer so listen at your own risk.  blush4.gif

Larger Lid - a cover

Hey Hunter, it all sounds good! trink39.gif

I guess you don't need my bass part now... wink.gif

I do have what I call a "working" bass part for you to download and see what you think - I'll pm you a link to download...

Let me know if you like the sound / tone, levels, etc, and if so, I'll give it another record and polish it up a bit.

Cool! I can't wait to hear it! biggrin.gif I'm sure it sounds great. trink39.gif

QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 8 2008, 06:31 PM)
Thanks. biggrin.gif You mean the bass fill right before the solo? It might be closer but it's still not quite right. it's just a hammer on pull off between the 7th and 9th frets on the G string and a scale down to C.

laugh.gif Same thing I do!

QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 9 2008, 07:43 PM)
Doing it right now. Just got home from the office.  wink.gif I'll let you know.

And rushfanNlv, Thank you. smile.gif

I think you did a great job of not only playing the guitars and vocals, but also mixing it all together... and thanks for cleaning up my out-of-control bass track! wink.gif

And props out to CygnusX-1Bk2 for an excellent performance on the drums! trink39.gif

Looking forward to the final cut... trink39.gif

Edited by rushbass

QUOTE (rushbass @ Jul 9 2008, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 9 2008, 07:43 PM)
Doing it right now. Just got home from the office.  wink.gif I'll let you know.

And rushfanNlv, Thank you. smile.gif

I think you did a great job of not only playing the guitars and vocals, but also mixing it all together... and thanks for cleaning up my out-of-control bass track! wink.gif

And props out to CygnusX-1Bk2 for an excellent performance on the drums! trink39.gif

Looking forward to the final cut... trink39.gif

Thanks for the kind words. Your Bass line is excellent and really brings it all together. trink39.gif

And definitely THANK YOU CygnusX-1Bk2 for the awesome drums. NeilFinal.gif

Also Thanks to

I don't think this is the final cut but very close. Still a little to add. I'm sure I want to fuss forever but like they say Art is never finished merely abandoned. smile.gif

launchpad67a for www.trfmusicians.com

For the hosting the songs and parts and the hard work in maintaining the site. 653.gif

The Larger Bowl- Cover

Edited by hunter

QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 10 2008, 07:01 AM)
Cowtothesky - Thanks for input and the compliment. Really like the new song too. smile.gif

WOW...great job guys.....although....its kinda weird that the people that started this, (me C/T/L/and RRL) dont even have a part....but its so good that i dont really care....i mean....i dont care what song we do....i just want to be apart of some cover...

o well....sounds great guys!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif