Unofficial 2016 Confidence Pool Survey

I'll just throw this out there in case you folks don't end up with a better plan... I won't play but I would be willing to track your scores and statistics. The only thing that may or may not be problematic for you is that some weeks my work rotation might prevent me from posting your results promptly following the last game of the week. I'd try my best but there could be a delay of a day or so if things get crazy at work or if a lot of folks were late in making picks.

I'd be happy to do this for you if it would be helpful. Either way, good luck! :cheers:

Very very kind of you, I say we take bean-tor up on her offer.

We will self keep score as everyone will be updating their own totals...and once say a Week 1, gets added up..and so on, it's not like u have to go completely back to add it up. So bean-tor if you want to keep a running tally, you are our Neutral party unless anyone objects...Do I hear a 2nd.....??

• Like 2

I will play, but too many people forget the Thursday games.

I recommend if you miss your picks before Thursday kickoffs, you lose your highest point total for the week.

Real sports fans can make 5 minutes on Tues, Weds, Thurs morn...to make picks...

Should be a penalty of some sort.

To make it easier on the SCOREKEEPER...All picks should be in before kickoff on Thursday...I saw people last year, 5 minutes before kickoff on Sunday, and teams were mentioned twice...treeduck did an outstanding job, despite some people half assed about playing...

How about if you miss the Thursday game it's an automatic 8 point loss plus you lose your highest pick of the week? We need a stiff penalty for tardiness.

I think losing the 16 or 14 point game would suffice enough. Depending on BYE weeks. I think taking the highest possible point total game away, is penalty enough. But whatever the Commission decides

This guy had the right idea. Oh wait that's me

Are we all ON BOARD with the removal of the Highest point total (16 or 14)if you miss the Thursday kickoff?

Do the YAY'S have it??

• Like 1

The penalty stands.

If one misses Thursday = loss of the highest confidence points for the number of games played that week.

If one misses picking a week = 25 points will be deducted from the total points

I snuck the second one in and will wait for the ratified approval but I do think it is a good Idea

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

I'll just throw this out there in case you folks don't end up with a better plan... I won't play but I would be willing to track your scores and statistics. The only thing that may or may not be problematic for you is that some weeks my work rotation might prevent me from posting your results promptly following the last game of the week. I'd try my best but there could be a delay of a day or so if things get crazy at work or if a lot of folks were late in making picks.

I'd be happy to do this for you if it would be helpful. Either way, good luck! :cheers:

wOw! What a wonderful and sweet offer bean there may be a way would could be the overlord :notworthy: :P or final check. One ofthe wonderful aspects of when ducky did it was his 5 hour jump start where all us sleepy heads in the US would wake up on Tuesday morning the results would be in. I guess we all could figure it out where we rank on our own and then have you as the "proof reader" for lack of a better term. I would however suggest you look up the 2015 Confidence Pool thread and read through the posts and see what the job intales. I know you could handle it as you are no slouch in real life but it can be a demanding chore. A fun one but demanding none the less. As you have probably read we are contemplating a penalty structure for those who get their picks in late that will need close monitoring. The games are played onThursday night, all Sunday and Monday night. Nearing the last month of the season some games are also played on Saturday. This usually starts after Thanksgiving (US) and through the holidaze as the playoffs get close. This would be a great opportunity for you to learn the teams who participate in the greatest sport in the world :finbar: :LOL: I would be all for it. It will be very easy for you to track wins and losses at NFL.com but it may be tricky figuring out everybody's nick names and abbreviations. Thank you once again for offering your services :cheers: :ebert: :fistbump: :yay:

You're welcome, and thank you for the tips! :fistbump: I revisited last year's thread before volunteering, just to get a sense of what would be involved. I think that I can manage it without f***ing up :LOL: As your overlord last year, treeduck set a pretty straightforward example in terms of the information you folks would like in your weekly updates, and I will be happy to accommodate :)

• Like 3

I second the motion!

bean-tor you have been hired

Cheers! I promise not to be offended if you folks want to go with someone else before things get started, since perhaps some will feel they haven't had a chance to voice their opinion yet. :)

• Like 2

wOw! What a wonderful and sweet offer bean there may be a way would could be the overlord :notworthy: :P or final check. One ofthe wonderful aspects of when ducky did it was his 5 hour jump start where all us sleepy heads in the US would wake up on Tuesday morning the results would be in. I guess we all could figure it out where we rank on our own and then have you as the "proof reader" for lack of a better term. I would however suggest you look up the 2015 Confidence Pool thread and read through the posts and see what the job intales. I know you could handle it as you are no slouch in real life but it can be a demanding chore. A fun one but demanding none the less. As you have probably read we are contemplating a penalty structure for those who get their picks in late that will need close monitoring. The games are played onThursday night, all Sunday and Monday night. Nearing the last month of the season some games are also played on Saturday. This usually starts after Thanksgiving (US) and through the holidaze as the playoffs get close. This would be a great opportunity for you to learn the teams who participate in the greatest sport in the world :finbar: :LOL: I would be all for it. It will be very easy for you to track wins and losses at NFL.com but it may be tricky figuring out everybody's nick names and abbreviations. Thank you once again for offering your services :cheers: :ebert: :fistbump: :yay:

You're welcome, and thank you for the tips! :fistbump: I revisited last year's thread before volunteering, just to get a sense of what would be involved. I think that I can manage it without f***ing up :LOL: As your overlord last year, treeduck set a pretty straightforward example in terms of the information you folks would like in your weekly updates, and I will be happy to accommodate :)

You are a hero... I'm going to cry :ebert: :yay:

• Like 1

Ummm you are AWESOME if no one has told you yet today :yes: :P

• Like 2

The one thing that I would kindly request, should you folks keep me as your "overlord" ( :LOL: oh Crimson):

if you edit your picks after posting them, please either:

- drop me a quick PM so that I know to go back to your original post and capture your edits

OR

- make your edits by quoting your original post so that I don't miss them.

I will make a spreadsheet to facilitate the pool, and I want to be sure of its accuracy with regard to your picks. This way I can input your picks in advance and get the results posted more quickly. Cheers! :)

• Like 3

You are a hero... I'm going to cry :ebert: :yay:

Ummm you are AWESOME if no one has told you yet today :yes: :P

Aww :blush: thanks very much, you two! :cheers:

• Like 2

The one thing that I would kindly request, should you folks keep me as your "overlord" ( :LOL: oh Crimson):

- drop me a quick PM so that I know to go back to your original post and capture your edits

OR

I will make a spreadsheet to facilitate the pool, and I want to be sure of its accuracy with regard to your picks. This way I can input your picks in advance and get the results posted more quickly. Cheers! :)

YOU HEARD THE LADY Gentlemen................

OBEY the rules

• Like 1

OR

Bean, the whole season schedule is also in nfl.com if you want to look ahead or us the posted week by week schedule as a "template" for your spread sheet. Or just as a guide. You mentioned you took notes to how ducky did it which is probably the best thing to use as I can not rave enough of what a great job he did. I know I'm not alone with that thought however I can say if there is anybody that I have confidence in doing if not as good, better it is you my dear :moose: I will start the "Official thread next week regular season starts Thursday 09/08. There is still some agreements that have to be made regarding the penalty structure so that everyone involved is aware and of course our new Overlord :notworthy: :P

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

The penalty stands.

If one misses Thursday = loss of the highest confidence points for the number of games played that week.

I snuck the second one in and will wait for the ratified approval but I do think it is a good Idea

I'll vote for these rules. And bean-tor! Thank you. We all really appreciate it!
  • Like 2

The penalty stands.

I'll vote for these rules. And bean-tor! Thank you. We all really appreciate it!

You are very welcome! :)

• Like 1

Well done beanie! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Cheers, duck! :)

:sundog:

What got you interested in this beanie I didn't know you followed football? :hail:

Well I don't really follow football, not the NFL anyway...which is why I wouldn't participate by making my own picks. I f***ing love spreadsheets, though, and I'm well-suited to this sort of task.

I followed last year's pool because friends* were participating, so I looked at this thread, too; I saw an opportunity to help you folks with your pool, and here we are. I've already got the regular season schedule built into my spreadsheet, and I'll probably program most of the formulas tomorrow :smoke:

*no offense to those of you who are still friends I haven't "met" yet :)

• Like 2

What got you interested in this beanie I didn't know you followed football? :hail:

Well I don't really follow football, not the NFL anyway...which is why I wouldn't participate by making my own picks. I f***ing love spreadsheets, though, and I'm well-suited to this sort of task.

I followed last year's pool because friends* were participating, so I looked at this thread, too; I saw an opportunity to help you folks with your pool, and here we are. I've already got the regular season schedule built into my spreadsheet, and I'll probably program most of the formulas tomorrow :smoke:

I just did it all in my head and typed it up! :blink: :wacko:

• Like 2

Yeah well, you're a duck and I'm a madwoman!

I will input everyone's picks...and then once the games are over, my monstrosity will damn near add itself if I have any say in the matter :LOL:

• Like 3

I will input everyone's picks...and then once the games are over, my monstrosity will damn near add itself if I have any say in the matter :LOL:

Well that's ok then. :cosmo:

• Like 2

Well that's ok then. :cosmo:

:hail:

• Like 2