Riddles!

lemonycake

So a friend and I spent an entire afternoon solving riddles and came across this one. We were totally stumped:

"You are trapped in a room with two doors. One leads to certain death and the other leads to freedom. You don't know which is which.

There are two robots guarding the doors. They will let you choose one door but upon doing so you must go through it.

You can, however, ask one robot one question. The problem is one robot always tells the truth ,the other always lies and you don't know which is which.

What is the question you ask?"

A little something to make your brain hurt :wacko: Just wondering if anyone can solve this without cheating?

Edited by lemonycake
  • Like 2

It's the riddle used in the movie Labyrinth

You ask one of them (either one) which door the other guard one would say is safe...then you go through the other door, because there'd always be one lie involved in the answer they gave.

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 3

:goodone:

I like this one; I've used a slightly different version in training! For me, this one has such a satisfying "oh, of course!" moment upon finally arriving at the solution...or maybe that was just a huge sense of relief :LOL:

Right on! After nearly half and hour of trying to work it out to no avail, we gave in and looked at the solution (for shame)... but it was a truly satisfying feeling once it all clicked :LOL:

• Like 1

It's the riddle used in the movie Labyrinth

You ask one of them (either one) which door the other guard one would say is safe...then you go through the other door, because there'd always be one lie involved in the answer they gave.

I've never seen that movie (it's a dark secret of mine). But you got it! :yay: