How many Rush songs will now be on official live DVD releases?

whyexactly

My guess is the DVD setlist will look something like this:

DISC 1

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

The Main Monkey Business

How It Is

Animate

Roll the Bones

Between the Wheels

Losing It

Subdivisions

DISC 2

Tom Sawyer

YYZ

The Spirit of Radio

Natural Science

Jacob's Ladder

Hemispheres: Prelude

Cygnus X-1 / drum solo

Closer to the Heart

Xanadu

2112: Overture / The Temples of Syrinx / Presentation / Grand Finale

Lakeside Park

Anthem

What You're Doing

Working Man (with final bow from Los Angeles 8/1)

DISC 3

Clockwork Angels (Toronto 6/17)

The Wreckers (Boston 6/23)

One Little Victory (Los Angeles 8/1)

Distant Early Warning (Toronto 6/17)

Red Barchetta (Los Angeles 8/1)

The Camera Eye (Boston 6/23)

Limelight (Kansas City 8/4/13)

Why take The Camera Eye from Boston and not Newark, where the audience was actually awake and the crowd cheers for the NY references?

Did you meant that the crowd of Boston was filled up with old introvert guy.

The Boston crowd wasn't completely dead, but of the 4 shows I went to, they were definitely the most quiet, by quite a large margin.

I forgot that Boston people are highly educated, that's why they are so quiet. They are a bunch of intellectuals who likes Rush and don't show their love too much!

Not sure why people think ClockWork Angels tour was too choppy visually....I thought it was a pretty nice balance...

Now....a Show of Hands...? Completely different story there...even parts of the Grace Under Pressure tour got frantic....

The worst part on the CA DVD other than the spazzy editing was them not focusing on the correct thing. Like during Alex's solos they'd be on some dude playing air drums.

Edited by EagleMoon

I guess what I don't get is that since they have camera's on each guy during the show, and it's a no brainer to record any of the audio...what's the big deal about which tunes they include? If they screwed something up when they did the actual "filming" I'm sure that they'd be able to fudge what they had from other shows and stick parts in to make it seem like it's from whatever "venue" they're purportedly making the video come from.....

I'd be willing to bet we get everything in some capacity.

In my opinion, the ASOH CD was a beautiful mix, the DVD mix was good, and I really liked most of the filming. I absolutely loved ESL. The filming was good, but the audio was definitely one of the best live albums I have ever heard. Time Machine is one of my favorite DVDs, but the CD wasn't that good in my opinion. SNA was a great CD, as was R30. The DVD counterparts were also good quality.There is one DVD that will always stand out the most for me, though. It is Rush In Rio. I was listening to all kinds of music at the time, and my friend bought the DVD. We watched it, and I loved the band ever since. I listened to them a little bit before that, but that really convinced me that they are the best. I will always love the live album too. Different Stages is another favorite of mine.

Okay, now for the bad...

P/G seemed so behind it's time with the filming, and I'm not a big fan of that audio mix. The crowd was really loud in it. Clockwork Angels was atrocious. I hated how saturated the color was in the DVD. The crowd sounded bad for some reason, and I think they should have spent a little more time mastering the audio. Everything just sounded bad. However, I will always love having these DVDs no matter how bad they are to me, because it is cool to see the changes since the last one

Also, I don't remember anyone saying there were camera crews anywhere else than Toronto, so my guess is this:

The Anarchist

Clockwork Angels

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

The Main Monkey Business

One Little Victory

Animate

Roll the Bones

Distant Early Warning

Losing It (possibly, if not then with extras)

Subdivisions

DISC 2

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta

The Spirit of Radio

Jacob's Ladder

Hemispheres: Prelude

Cygnus X-1 / drum solo

Closer to the Heart

Xanadu

2112: Overture / The Temples of Syrinx / Presentation / Grand Finale

Lakeside Park

Anthem

What You're Doing

Working Man (with final bow from Los Angeles 8/1 which might just be in some behind the scenes bonus thing)

DISC 2

How It Is (Toronto 6/19)

Losing It (Toronto 6/19)(see note above)

Between The Wheels (Toronto 6/19)

YYZ (Toronto 6/19)

Natural Science (Toronto 6/19)

R40 webisodes

R40 tour documentary

Edited by TFEman
  • Like 1