(Spoiler) Neils drums for R40

EagleMoon

Nice! Great link! I STILL want to hear an interview with him talking about how he goes from one kit to the other during the course of a night?!?!! I'll stand by my opinion that THAT'S why he's having some issues during some songs!
  • Like 1

Nice! Great link! I STILL want to hear an interview with him talking about how he goes from one kit to the other during the course of a night?!?!! I'll stand by my opinion that THAT'S why he's having some issues during some songs!

It wouldn't surprise me. Makes sense.

I'm looking at it this way.. The man has been playing the "DW" configuration kit since 1996...prior to that he played the "Chromey" style kit until the Presto tour...trying to go from the one to another during the course of the same night HAS to be confusing... I can play my kit blindfolded, that muscle memory is just "there"...this has to be messing him up a bit...

• Like 2

I'm looking at it this way.. The man has been playing the "DW" configuration kit since 1996...prior to that he played the "Chromey" style kit until the Presto tour...trying to go from the one to another during the course of the same night HAS to be confusing... I can play my kit blindfolded, that muscle memory is just "there"...this has to be messing him up a bit...

I wonder if that's what's making Alex make all of the mistakes now? He's playing several new guitars as well with varying scale length.

I wonder if that's what's making Alex make all of the mistakes now? He's playing several new guitars as well with varying scale length.

Never knew that, but that COULD be something, I guess!

I was also thinking...back when I played in the one band, I liked my six piece kit...occasionally, we played a place that had a really small stage, so I'd just modify and take a standard four piece, and play like crap most of the night because I was reaching for things that weren't there...I can only imagine with where even his ride cymbal is located on the two sets?!?

(but listening to Distant Early Warning from last weekend, he just went to the wrong place too soon....and that was on his usual DW configuration, so.... no excuses for that one!)

• Like 1