The Worst Rush Song

savagegrace26

I don't think there is such thing as a "bad" Rush song....However, I do have least favorites....Tai Shan as I said before, is like a shitty version of Xanadu. Dog Years is a cute song, but not a good RUSH song. Red Lenses is definitely the one throwaway track on an otherwise flawless album.

I really liked Neurotica though.

Sadly, the last 27 years have given us lots to choose from. If I had to pick one, I'd say "Open Secrets". I actually like Tai-Shan & Open Water but perhaps its because I really dislike most of the other songs on HYF.

Everyday Glory, Half The World, Faithless and How It Is suck out loud too. But yeah - I can't find anything redeemable in Open Secrets. Goofy, preachy, weak - all rolled up in to one. Someone should start a thread about lyrics being put to the wrong type of music. Just wrong vibe and arrangement to the words. My takes - Spindrift and Headlong Flight.

I don't think there is such thing as a "bad" Rush song....However, I do have least favorites....Tai Shan as I said before, is like a shitty version of Xanadu. Dog Years is a cute song, but not a good RUSH song. Red Lenses is definitely the one throwaway track on an otherwise flawless album.

Whoa whoa whoa.... Xanadu doesn't belong in the same sentence with one of the words you used there. "Shitty". See what I did there?

Sadly, the last 27 years have given us lots to choose from. If I had to pick one, I'd say "Open Secrets". I actually like Tai-Shan & Open Water but perhaps its because I really dislike most of the other songs on HYF.

Everyday Glory, Half The World, Faithless and How It Is suck out loud too. But yeah - I can't find anything redeemable in Open Secrets. Goofy, preachy, weak - all rolled up in to one. Someone should start a thread about lyrics being put to the wrong type of music. Just wrong vibe and arrangement to the words. My takes - Spindrift and Headlong Flight.

Open Secrets? The lyrics and music fit perfectly. And the bass line and guitar work are gorgeous. Lyrics are excellent too. Are you smoking crack?

• Like 5

I don't understand why you keep calling Tai Shan a shitty version of Xanadu. The songs have absolutely NOTHING in common. Care to elaborate?
  • Like 2

1) Man Whores

2) Red Penises

3) Open Secretions

4) Second Nuts

5) Hell Water

6) Whore Taint

7) Pissto

8) Analgram (for Mongrels)

9) Red Mountain Fresh Tide with Bleach

10) A$$ Insert Fist

11) Available Sh*t

12) Gayvado

13) Ass Up

14) The Big D*ck

15) Hairysee

16) Numbnutsotica

17) You Butt My Face

18) C*m on my Face

19) Between the Sak and Poon

20) Alien Snore

21) The Speed of Suck

22) Cold Sh*t

23) Everygay Gloryhole

24) Calf that Hurled

25) The Color of Wrong

26) Chyme and Lotion

27) Scrotum

28) Dog Sh*t

29) Virtualtorture

30) Rimblo

31) Marv Albert's Gall Stone

32) How It Isn't

33) Sweet Disaster

34) The Larger Bowel Movement

35) Hopeless

36) D*ckless

37) Wish Them Hell

Fixed

Edited by savagegrace26

Open Secrets? The lyrics and music fit perfectly. And the bass line and guitar work are gorgeous. Lyrics are excellent too. Are you smoking crack?

Hey, in regards to crack, how I choose to spend my free time is my business. But, you're right about Open Secrets though. The cheesey music fits the cheesey lyrics just right. Awful song throughout. Choice cuts are Prime Mover, Force 10 and Time Stand Still. Tai Shan and High Water are under-appreciated imo. The rest? Ugh. Nice bass line in Turn in the Page, good solo in Lock and Key, Mission is a miss with the music but the lyrics are good. Not a fan on how the synth era devolved in HYF. However - They chose to do something different and that's totally respectable. Most of it just didn't work for me.

Oh boy, I screwed my answer up pretty bad. Shame on me. Open Secrets is doable, it's Second Nature that I don't like. I looked up the lyrics and got an eyeful of surprise.

Now Narpski's gonna stab you with his butter knife.

photo-14524.jpg?_r=1409490518

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 3

Oh boy, I screwed my answer up pretty bad. Shame on me. Open Secrets is doable, it's Second Nature that I don't like. I looked up the lyrics and got an eyeful of surprise.

Now Narpski's gonna stab you with his butter knife.

photo-14524.jpg?_r=1409490518

You haven't felt pain till you've been stabbed with a searing hot crack spoon.

• Like 2

Stick it Out

Good choice. Worst song on that CD next to Everyday Glory. Cringe worthy for sure.

Worse than Speed of Love??? ah...

Well, I'm a sucker for a cool bass riff so the song is salvaged for me when the music breaks at the 2:17 mark and the guys feature a cool musical interplay.

Edited by anchorman