Can one quit smoking with e-cigs?

Aikenrooster

I found the NJoy did die very quickly, but I thought the flavour was the best of the e-cigs I've tried. They're pretty pricey too, especially for such a short lived product.

I've found White Cloud to be quite good. Good flavour, they last a while and they're about half the price of NJoy. I do think I get more nicotine with the e-cig than with traditional. I think that part of that is because I can just sit around and puff on it when I'm doing any number of things that I used to do while smoking (when I smoked inside) instead of having to slog myself out to the land of pariahs (also known as the smoking section).

I'm still on the fence about moving to e-cig full time. Technically it's "vaping", so e-cig by definition isn't smoking, but it feels like smoking and to my mind the difference in definition is splitting hairs. I try not to "vape" in all of the the same places I wouldn't smoke (not at my desk at work, not in front of the TV, not in the car, not in restaurants, etc.)

And, of course, I'm still curious about the long term effects of glycerin being inhaled. Probably not worse than tobacco smoke, but at least smoke is known bad, if that makes any sense. Glycerin is inert and used in many daily products (food, makeup, for example). Is it also safe to inhale in vapor form? I've read studies and lots of literature on the subject, but don't know what to believe. If big tobacco has a hand in it, I'm naturally even more skeptical. :unsure:

Big tobacco starting off attacking the e-cigs and still try and make laws against them as they get into the market fully. That should be enough of a reason to support ecigs.

A good point.

Do you believe that big tobacco has a hand in e-cig? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity. I don't know the answer. :unsure:

I would think that RJR or PM would at least be testing the waters and thinking about how to make money in a new market segment (that market being people who like to inhale things). To your point, lawsuits against independent e-cig manufacturers slow them down while the giants come up to speed. Just my skeptical nature, I suppose...

Yup. That's exactly the plan. Big tobacco has entered the market and are playing catch up, while at the same time stopping the market from growing through advocacy for laws which restrict the use and sale of e-cigs. It's a smart strategy, but it doesn't make me hate them less.

• Like 2

I bought the "Maximale" starter kit, from V2's "Vapor Couture" subdivision, for my wife, today. There was a variety of colors and other customizations for the battery, cartridges, etc., and it's for females. I was hesitant on getting her the refillable tank model. We will see if she likes these. I and the dogs are tired of breathing 2nd hand smoke for the last 15 years. I've had enough.

I bought the "Maximale" starter kit, from V2's "Vapor Couture" subdivision, for my wife, today. There was a variety of colors and other customizations for the battery, cartridges, etc., and it's for females. I was hesitant on getting her the refillable tank model. We will see if she likes these. I and the dogs are tired of breathing 2nd hand smoke for the last 15 years. I've had enough.

Good luck to her. Hopefully she wants this change...if not I doubt the e-cigs will convince her otherwise. Let us now how it goes.

Edited by LedRush

Good luck to her. Hopefully she wants this change...if not I doubt the e-cigs will convince her otherwise. Let us now how it goes.

Thanks for the information and suggestions. I figured the least I could do is try the brand you suggested, first!

Why don't they have these for THC?

Thanks for the information and suggestions. I figured the least I could do is try the brand you suggested, first!

Why don't they have these for THC?

You can get the refillables and use THC infused solution. Yes, that's a thing.

Also, if you want, you can get a small portable vaporizer for pot. They're excellent. They were expensive two years ago but might be a bit cheaper now.

• Like 1

My wife got her kit in the mail. Real nice package. She got 20 cartridges, 3 batteries, 4 different charging methods, a necklace, and a purse, etc., and I haven't had to smell any smoke for 3 days, now. Yippee! I tried a couple of hit on it, and I didn't think the flavor was all that, but my wife said she likes it, and, apparently, there is plenty of nicotine, because she hasn't complained yet.

After buying one of these, I'm surprise big tobacco hasn't lobbied to have these outlawed yet. I'm mean, these bitches is getting ready to lose $2500, per year, just from my wife, and we're late getting into the game.

• Like 2

My wife got her kit in the mail. Real nice package. She got 20 cartridges, 3 batteries, 4 different charging methods, a necklace, and a purse, etc., and I haven't had to smell any smoke for 3 days, now. Yippee! I tried a couple of hit on it, and I didn't think the flavor was all that, but my wife said she likes it, and, apparently, there is plenty of nicotine, because she hasn't complained yet.

After buying one of these, I'm surprise big tobacco hasn't lobbied to have these outlawed yet. I'm mean, these bitches is getting ready to lose $2500, per year, just from my wife, and we're late getting into the game.

They have lobbied to make them illegal in all places where smoking is illegal (which makes no sense to me) and they have lobbied to close down "vape shops" where people use these things (like smoke shops). But they are also buying into these companies as well, so they don't want them destroyed...just slowed down while they catch up.

I'm really glad that you're wife is liking them and that you're house has been smoke free!

How's it going?

She likes them, but admitted yesterday that, yeah, they don't have as much nicotine as a real cig, and it's been hard to quit, but she's sticking with it, because she wants to quit.
  • Like 1

How's it going?

She likes them, but admitted yesterday that, yeah, they don't have as much nicotine as a real cig, and it's been hard to quit, but she's sticking with it, because she wants to quit.

The refillables are cheaper and a friend told me he gets 3-4 times more each drag.

How's it going so far?

My wife isn't smoking anything, right now. She had major back surgery (a discectomy and fusion of t-12 and l-1) on June 16, and then she's been in the hospital since last Monday, because fluid and bone fragments had to be surgically removed from the left pleura (which surrounds the lung), and she's got 3 blood clots in the right lung.

I'm not sure if she's going to hit the e-cigs again or not. The good news is that she's had a CT scan, a bunch of x-rays, and the fluid was sent to the lab, and no tumors or cancer cells were found in the lungs, after many years of smoking.

If she quits the e-cigs, I won't be mad, as long as she doesn't smoke any real cigs.

I hope that your wife is doing and feeling better, and it's great that there's no cancer. Hopefully the time away from smoking and the e-cigs has lessened the desire to smoke, making quitting a bit easier.

How's it going so far?

My wife isn't smoking anything, right now. She had major back surgery (a discectomy and fusion of t-12 and l-1) on June 16, and then she's been in the hospital since last Monday, because fluid and bone fragments had to be surgically removed from the left pleura (which surrounds the lung), and she's got 3 blood clots in the right lung.

I'm not sure if she's going to hit the e-cigs again or not. The good news is that she's had a CT scan, a bunch of x-rays, and the fluid was sent to the lab, and no tumors or cancer cells were found in the lungs, after many years of smoking.

If she quits the e-cigs, I won't be mad, as long as she doesn't smoke any real cigs.

Well first of all, here's to hoping she heals quickly from the surgery. :yes: :)

IMHO i am not a big fan of the e cigs or Vaporizers. Lesser of two evils? perhaps.

I'm no expert. but i'm having a hard time accepting that this alternative way is any better.

I've tried the e cig route. just couldn't get into it at all. boyfriend bought a refillable rechargeable one some time ago with the intention of quitting smoking. now it sits and collects dust. he has broken it twice and now just doesnt even touch it. what a waste of $120.00 +.

based on my experience and on observation the only way one quits is when they make the conscious decision and CHOOSE to quit.

Can't put it any simpler than that.

Thanks for the well wishes. I will pass them on. Yeah, I'm not sure, either. The only thing I know for sure is that me and the dogs don't have to smell smoke! As, for the carcinogens, I'm not sure. It didn't take long, once she got home, to resume "vaping." However, one of us has misplaced 2 of the 3 e-cigs, and we can't find them. It was probably my fault, or, at least I'm taking the blame right now! :rage: