Xanadoood

I'm looking to finally rid myself of the classic Cable .. I got like 200 channels, watch very little, and pay like 120 a minth for that and internet..

So does anyone have this streaming service? I'm looking to get yet new Roku 3 that's out..is it a cheaper alternative to standard cable?

I have a roku but it fell short of replacing my cable mainly because of sports. My kids use it more than I do, tons of kids shows.

How much is it to subscribe to Netflix? And can I watch current shows , like walking dead etc?

I have the Roku 3 - Love it - Worth every penny of it. We have Amazon Prime and Netflix. Many of the free movies and tv shows are identical but netflix seems to have a little better selection but carries only a few new titles. Netflix is $7.99 a month. If you want to add receiving movies in the mail to get the new releases and a broader choice it is another $7.99 a month. So for $16.00 you can have both which is still a lot cheaper than blockbuster was and they didn't even have streaming. As for Walking Dead, the first three season are available to stream.

We pay almost $330 a month for premier cable and internet. :scared: But we have two grandchildren we have to entertain, uh er spoil. It's worth it.

Edited by alphseeker

I have the Roku 3 - Love it - Worth every penny of it. We have Amazon Prime and Netflix. Many of the free movies and tv shows are identical but netflix seems to have a little better selection but carries only a few new titles. Netflix is $7.99 a month. If you want to add receiving movies in the mail to get the new releases and a broader choice it is another $7.99 a month. So for $16.00 you can have both which is still a lot cheaper than blockbuster was and they didn't even have streaming. As for Walking Dead, the first three season are available to stream.

We pay almost $330 a month for premier cable and internet. :scared: But we have two grandchildren we have to entertain, uh er spoil. It's worth it.

Thanks for that..yeah, I'm definitley going to get it..I'm cutting the chord to cable

Finally got the Roku 3 yesterday and canceled my Cable today...

Not sure how I went so long without this type of service... Blows traditional cable away

Edited by Xanadoood

My son hooked a sling box up to my cable for streaming at his house now he doesn't pay jack, just his internet fees. I think i'll start charging him half rates :P

And what might a Sling box be?

My son hooked a sling box up to my cable for streaming at his house now he doesn't pay jack, just his internet fees. I think i'll start charging him half rates :P

And what might a Sling box be?

It's a digital box that allows him to stream anything from my cable to his house 4 miles away. The box is hooked up to my cable dvr box and all he has to do is sign on the internet when at his own home and he has full access. He can watch everything except pay channels for free.

http://reviews.cnet.com/video-players-and-recorders/slingbox-500/4505-6463_7-35484603.html

The sling box is designed to allow you to watch your exact television lineup from home anywhere you travel and have Internet connection. It's great for people that travel a lot. You can watch hometown news and the channels you're used to instead of whatever is provided in your hotel or locale.