Robertson Davies

anima

Any other Robertson Davies fans out there?

I've read most of his novels, but not for a while until Neil mentioned him as an influence on "Carnies" in the Clockwork Angels tour book. I reread the Deptford trilogy over the summer and think the story (mainly the third book, World of Wonders) influenced far more than just that one song. In fact the only two CA tracks that don't echo the Deptford trilogy for me are "The Wreckers" and "The Garden".

Any thoughts?

I've read all of his novels (a few several times) and some of his criticism. Davies is a top ten author for me. I particularly like the Cornish Trilogy. You may or may not be aware of this, but Davies used to tell a Ghost story every year at Gaudy night at Massey College. These were actually collected and released as a group of short stories. Very funny and worth tracking down.

I had no idea that Peart referenced Davies though he certainly should. Davies was one of the greatest men of letters in the history of his Country.

What's the name of the collection of ghost stories? I hadn't heard of those.

The Cornish Trilogy is my favourite too, especially the second novel. Deptford is more relevant to Clockwork Angels though.

What's the name of the collection of ghost stories? I hadn't heard of those.

The Cornish Trilogy is my favourite too, especially the second novel. Deptford is more relevant to Clockwork Angels though.

High Spirits. I have it in paperback. Great fun.