My Dog Boon

Inthend

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Inthend_/mydogboon002_zps828c089f.jpg

Well that's Boon. And these are his adventures. That I know of. :LOL:

So a little about Boon.

I got Boon when he was 6 months old. His original owner was a contractor I was doing work for at the time. His dog, a female Black Lab, had been bred with a full blooded Golden Retriever. He actually pointed the father out to me one time when I was working on house that happened to be close to where the 'sire' lived. A very stately example of a canine he was. Anyway, he had already gave 'Boomer' (Boon's name before i got him) before to a lady who had decided she had got more than she bargained for. :LOL: So he asked me if I would be interested in a dog.

I was reluctant. He was persistent. I think my job may have been in jeopardy. :LOL: He says he'll bring him over and let me take a look at him the next day. I say ok. :LOL:

Well true to his word, he does.

Now when he does, me and my help are painting this screened-in back porch. And we got the radio playing pretty loud. So when JC, that was the contractor's name, brings him on the porch I can't hardly hear him when we're trying to talk about whether or not I want him. So I'm about to go turn it down. It was sittin on the floor. And Boon walks over there and stiffed it. Cause he's sniffin everything. And hits the volume (a turn dial) with his nose and turns it down. Swear to God he did. So I told JC I'd take him.

Yesterday I was over in the garden. And as usual Boon was with me. And as usual there's some kids playing basketball in the neighborhood that lies parallel to our property which runs the length of the neighborhood. And as usual Boon's got to go check them out.

Boon spends a good deal of his time during the day in a fenced-in area adjacent to the rear of our house. On guard duty of course. And he is very diligent.

Now these kids have to pass by boon when they go up and down the street. Coming back and forth home from school and so forth. And Boon will definitely let you know that he sees you walking by his property.

Now there's a whole gang of these kids. Most of them are in elementary school. A couple maybe just starting middle school.

But back to the story. They are over there playing basketball. Two of the girls and one of the younger boys.

Well there is a thin patch of trees which separate the street and our property. And Boon loves to prowl around the edge of it. And the sound of their playing of course drew him to them. He doesn't bark at them this time tho he has before, but one of the girls who is scared of him happens to see him standing there and of course screams and runs off. :LOL:

And Boon didn't bark then which is quite impressive.

Well Boon loses interest and goes on down his path that he likes to keep tabs on. Well shortly the kids return, and I think well, I better go over there and and talk to them. So I do. And we have a nice conversation, but in a little bit Boon makes his way back to where the action is. And I tell her not to be scared. That Boon has never bitten anyone. I tell her that dogs can sense fear and it makes them nervous. They think that if you are scared something is wrong.

But she's having trouble believing me. Now Boon's not barking but he's checkin her out. But I promise her that he want bite her, and not to be scared. .

And she stands real straight and says, "I'm not going to be scared." She said it so matter of factly. And I was very proud of her.

On a side note here's a pic of of two of the boys with their "First Big Catch" they caught today. I was proud of them too.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Inthend_/CurtisandReggie001_zps8f1395e1.jpg