Where have you gotten the best deal on eyeglasses?

Aikenrooster

It's getting about time for some new eyeglasses, and I want to get a really great pair, maybe some of those transition lenses(they say that they actually get CLEAR now, when one goes inside), and I was wondering where I could get THE BEST VALUE FOR THE MONEY. Read: I don't mind pay a little more if the quality is there. A quick online check shows that (surprisingly) Costco gave really good value, but we are not members there. Does anyone have an opinion on that, and, if so, does one think that it would be worth the membership costs to get eyeglasses.

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to give me some insight. It's been almost 10 years since I've gotten a new pair, so I don't know what has changed or not. I do know that I don't want to go to Lenscrafters, because my mom is always going over there for adjustments and repairs, so they're out. Thanks.

I've always gone to For Eyes and haven't had any problems with my glasses. However, their prices are not always the best. Their optometrists are also not very intelligent (at least where I am from) as I'm on my second one and both have been complete morons.

From what I've seen online Costco is at the top, oddly enough. I use Costco for a lot of things but not vision. I like the store, but don't love it.

If your local Costco is pretty close, I would go for it. You'll end up using your membership for other things as well (I'm assuming). They have decent deals on electronics among other things.