Collective Soul

Yeah, I guess you do, lol. tongue.gif

I have a live version of Crazy Train, with two tags, one attributing it to Tenacious D, the other to Collective Soul. The vocalist doesn't sound too much like Jack Black to me, so can anyone confirm that Collective Soul did record this?.

It'd possibly from a festival or multi band gig, it starts with the singer commenting that Sevendust rocks!!!!.

I can shed a little more light on this amazing band...

Ed Roland signed a record contract w/Atlantic before Collective Soul was even a band! Hints, Allegations, and Things Left Unsaid was a collection of Ed's song writing demos.

Collective Soul's first album was recorded in a studio in Stockbridge, GA named Real2Reel, which is owned by Ed Roland's father. I used to live about 5 minutes from the studio, which is across from the old post office.

All of the band members are originally from the Stockbridge, GA area and all still live around Atlanta.

Meet the band:

Ed Roland...Guitars, vocals

Dean Roland...Guitars (also Ed's brother)

Ross Childress...Lead Guitars (has left the band, don't know the name of his replacement) whoops...his rep. is Joel Kotsche

Shane Evans...Drums

Will Turpin...Bass

For those of us that have the Dosage Cd...Let the last track run after it is finished playing, and you will find a different, better version of the song She Said hidden on that CD, with a string section and not as much drumming!

Archived